First 34567 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What exactly is "lots and lots of exercise?"

You are probably an ectomorph, so you have a very high metabolism.
    Yeah, I had already looked into that. I guess that might explain some things...

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    It all comes down to calories consumed during the day. You obviously aren't getting enough. Try adding in 2 PB&J sandwiches at night, every night. Or...get weight gainer powder and make at least 1 shake a day. If this isn't enough, add more.
    It's really hard to consume enough calories. I don't know if I can get myself to eat two of those things in a row.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Oh.. by "lots and lots of exercise" I mean about 150 push-ups, 50 sit-ups and 50 crunches, 60 leg lifts a leg and a somewhat rand number of pull-ups and flexes on a chin bar, five days a week.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

There are two ways to lose weight: cut the caloric intake, or amp up exercise. Both forms require you to keep the diet balanced so that the loss in muscle tissue is not prevalent over the loss in fat tissue. The first case will lead to faster results since you'll notice immediately the loss in water retention.

Oh.. by "lots and lots of exercise" I mean about 150 push-ups, 50 sit-ups and 50 crunches, 60 leg lifts a leg and a somewhat rand number of pull-ups and flexes on a chin bar, five days a week.
    Well, sorry, you're not doing it right. I think either you go to a gym, or you start reading exercise forums in order to be directed towards those that will really increase strength and size (supposing that those are your objectives, of course). They are:

- squatting
    - deadlifting
    - snatching
    - pullups (those are very good)

You will quickly notice that your body will demand you to eat more calories due to the muscle breakdown caused by intense exercise. Don't worry. I tend towards hyperactivity myself, but that didn't prevent me from being able to gain weight when I set my exercise regimen straight.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My biceps are large, and my abs are practically washboard, and I can curl my whole body up to the ceiling.
    But, If you say so...

Don't gyms cost money?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    My biceps are large, and my abs are practically washboard, and I can curl my whole body up to the ceiling.
    But, If you say so...
    Well you want to gain weight, right? The biceps are a very small muscle as opposed to, say, the legs or the back or the glutes.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

True, true.
    But is it a good thing to be all muscle and no fat reserves?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

But, If you say so...

Don't gyms cost money?
    You should put that in your profile next to your picture! Hahahaha. Seriously, (some) chicks will love that

I think what FDG is referring to is bulk as opposed to definition. If you want mass try gym rat excercises. Otherwise buy heavy macho items like a medicine bag or throw logs or some other heavy natural objects in a seneless repetitive excercise that strains your whole body muscles into lactate overdrive. Muscle building really is about 'no pain, no gain', as opposed to losing weight. Sorry to say! You could also try equipment unintensive circuit training which is used by athletes and the military -- I don't think it really builds bulk though...maybe I'm wrong. Is there a beach near you? It works for the Navy Seals (in the movies).

This also just reminded me how men and women differ. Men HATE being called 'skinny', they'll get so mad! My friend commented he had stopped working out and lost some weight and I said he was a "tall skinny guy" and he got this funny look on his face and said, "Don't call me skinny, I'm not skinny." I told him, "How about slender?" I don't think he liked that either. Of course women usually take it as a compliment. Hahahaha.

You could also try protein powder...aka 'cake batter'. My brother tried that...and all I can say is he looked strangely bloated...that and his biceps got HUGE and ripped to the point he was deformed. He was defining muscles on his biceps I did not even know existed...and dareisay, did not look that attractive. But I'm a girl, I'm sure to guys it's admirable?

MBTI
    INTP

Sell your car.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

True, true.
    But is it a good thing to be all muscle and no fat reserves?
    Nah...if you start eating a lot, you'll get both of them!

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    You should put that in your profile next to your picture! Hahahaha. Seriously, (some) chicks will love that
    Yes, I know, and I have some good pictures of my muscles as well, I just didn't think it was very appropriate for this atmosphere... or that of much any public forum.

I think what FDG is referring to is bulk as opposed to definition. If you want mass try gym rat excercises. Otherwise buy heavy macho items like a medicine bag or throw logs or some other heavy natural objects in a seneless repetitive excercise that strains your whole body muscles into lactate overdrive. Muscle building really is about 'no pain, no gain', as opposed to losing weight. Sorry to say! You could also try equipment unintensive circuit training which is used by athletes and the military -- I don't think it really builds bulk though...maybe I'm wrong. Is there a beach near you? It works for the Navy Seals (in the movies).

Yeah, I know about the pain. I have experienced it.
    I don't have a medicine ball, but I do have a giant green koosh-ball that's pretty close!

I also have this one-hand bar-bell thing. i don't remember if it's twenty or fifty pounds, but I can curl it with my left arm, so that's nice.

You could also try protein powder...aka 'cake batter'. My brother tried that...and all I can say is he looked strangely bloated...that and his biceps got HUGE and ripped to the point he was deformed. He was defining muscles on his biceps I did not even know existed...and dareisay, did not look that attractive. But I'm a girl, I'm sure to guys it's admirable?
    Errmm.. I think it'd be creepy, too. I have no intention of being like the body builders, I just want to be athletic and not disconcertingly light.
    Being really bulky would kind of suck. I'm happy with the fact that I've been growing increasingly flexible over the years as well as strong, so I wouldn't want to impede on that

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Nah...if you start eating a lot, you'll get both of them!
    Very well.
    For honor!

...or something.
    Last edited by Magic Poriferan; 11-17-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Typo
    Go to sleep, iguana.