• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Losing the Weight -- How?

Usehername

On a mission
I think you should keep stuffing yourself until you implode -- that's a great weight-loss strategy.

Seriously, though, there is no effective way of losing weight besides that "E" word. But I think people misinterpret exercise as having to have a jogging routine and so on. Some seem to think that exercise only works if you're conscious of doing it.

Just walk around, that's all I do. It's actually healthier than riding a bicycle, which can be bad for your prostate (for guys).

h-core cyclists also apparently are mildly linked to erectile difficulties b/c they so frequently reduce the blood flow to their groin (b/c in road cycling you generally lean forward and are on a skinny, hard saddle (aka seat))

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I had a gym membership I found the elliptical trainer was a great way to burn off calories in bulk with the least issue. Except you have to make sure you can keep a straight posture with the machine you choose--the one I normally used was perfect, but I did try one they added later where I had to lean forward a bit and it made a painful train-wreck out of my lower back the next day.

Listening to music while using the elliptical was even better, as I found I could do the same amount of work with ~10-20 bpm lower heart rate. (strange how that works...)

Recently I've been in the market to purchase one for home, since I am doing all my exercise at home now. They are damn pricey though (the one I'm looking at is ~$1200+tax/etc)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
h-core cyclists also apparently are mildly linked to erectile difficulties b/c they so frequently reduce the blood flow to their groin (b/c in road cycling you generally lean forward and are on a skinny, hard saddle (aka seat))

No joke. This is one of the reasons I decided not to purse a career in cycling, in spite of probably having the talent to do so.