User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Eating speed?

MBTI
    yupp

I'm ridiculusly slow when it comes to eating, always the last to finish, and i usually have left overs. because i feel bad for making people wait, that and I can never eat a whole plate of food.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm slow, but it's more because of how much I eat compared to everyone else. I can finish pretty close to other people if I don't have to talk, but each break I take to answer questions slows me down. I guess this is why I enjoy eating alone more - I don't have to care about anyone else's eating habits and what they think of mine.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

I eat fast. Impatient. I can grab the general idea of the taste as it goes down.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I eat fast. Impatient. I can grab the general idea of the taste as it goes down.
    And if it's something you've had before, why bother with tasting it again when you already have that memory?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    And if it's something you've had before, why bother with tasting it again when you already have that memory?
    Bingo. Screw relishing taste.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm slow too...and sometimes i just get bored of it....unless it's really yummy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    IntP

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    How fast or slow is the correct eating speed? I take ages to eat/drink anything and am usually the last one left at the table picking at my food. People get up and leave because they can't wait for me to finish. Admittedly, I talk a lot during the meal but even if I'm alone I just stare off into space. Eating is a chore and I hate having to get through it. ... To me, it's less about chewing 32 times and more about preparing myself for the next bite, easing the food down and not gulping it down. I hate eating, and anyone forcing me to eat quickly is just going to get puked on soon!
    I'm the exact same way. My boyfriend still makes fun of me because the first time I had dinner with his family I took half the portions of everyone else so I would finish at the same time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

your supposed to eat slowly. this is so you do not overeat. if you eat quickly your body wont feel full until you have devoured everything in sight. if you eat slowly, you feel full at the right pace and thus eat less.

then again i eat in one speed: fast.
    but i portion size before i eat so im good lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I seem to eat much more quickly and efficiently than most people I know. I think it's because they tend to talk and eat at the same time, while I try to get my food down first, and then join in the conversation or go back to work.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I almost invariably finish eating in less than ten minutes.
    I've never spent more than an hour at the table, and whenever it's come close it's only because I was at a restaraunt and the fuckers took forever and the bill took forvever and everythig just took forever.

I don't even like eating so I do it fast and get back to... whatever.
    we fukin won boys