User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Eating speed?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I love to eat but I'm kind of a slow eater.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I eat quickly.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I love eating and am the single fastest eater I have ever met. I think that any time spent eating is wasted - but I love eating. That means, essentially, that I eat as fast as possible in order to eat as much as possible, before others leave. Always been like that, for me.
    I'm the same way. So is my father. I always look like I'm in a freaking hurry to go somewhere or I haven't eaten in days. But I'm not in a hurry, I just don't like my food getting cold or spending forever eating, especially since I can't eat and talk at the same time nor do I like talking while eating--I'm more than open to talking after eating, though.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I love to eat but I'm kind of a slow eater.
    me too... I adore food, but I take forever to eat since I'm usually either talking over a meal or otherwise distracted!

I'm also an incredibly slow drinker unless I set out to get drunk- I can take an hour do drink a good glass of wine.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm trying to learn to slow down. But I am probably a compulsive eater to some degree--I'm only just now starting to get a handle on my constant urge TO eat in the first place, so slowing down is another step in the process. I'm probably on the opposite end of the spectrum from milti girl, and I'm sure there's a happy medium in there somewhere.
    +1.

I tend to eat quickly. Knowing this, I will sometimes eat a "real meal" ahead of time, if I know that I'm going to be going "out to lunch" with someone, where the social aspect of the occasion is going to be more important than my first impulses. That way I can slowly work my way through a light salad etc., and stop without hesitating at those awkward moments when I'm perhaps unexpectedly ( to me ) expected ( by them ) to answer, instead of chewing or swallowing. Silly of me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    me too... I adore food, but I take forever to eat since I'm usually either talking over a meal or otherwise distracted!

I'm also an incredibly slow drinker unless I set out to get drunk- I can take an hour do drink a good glass of wine.
    I've noticed that women are often experts at nursing one drink for an entire evening. Just kind of "wetting their whistle", as Lauren Bacall might say. ( I attempt to emulate this when I am designated driver.)

When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was about consuming diet pills ( speed ) , which would certainly help tame an appetite.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm a pretty fast eater, but I haven't always been that way. It started when I was in college, trying to grab lunch between classes. I've eaten a large pizza in under 3 minutes, before (and won $5).

The only time I eat slowly is when I'm out with other people, and even then I'm usually the first to finish.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Eating speed varies.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics