User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Bluebell--toner is sort of an unnecessary step. You can use it if you like it, but I've never found that it did anything a cleanser/moisturizer combo didn't do, and it doesn't really take the place of either. I always felt like it was just a waste of money.
    That was kind of my conclusion too, but wasn't sure if I was missing something or not (only got in to this stuff in the past few years, having always dismissed it as marketing BS, but then found that some of it does actually work).

My skin is stupidly sensitive. I've found Garnier's sensitive skin range works well for me. Weekly mud masks are good too, but I usually forget/can't be bothered for months at a time.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Ladies, ladies, it must come from the inside out. Lots of olive oil and oily fish in your diet will be far more effective than the creams. In the long run.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Ooh, good tips, Tallulah. You're so practical. My skin is dry/sensitive and I think I have big pores.

Kiss My Face products.

THE END.
    I've seen those! For the first time ever in the store the other day, actually. I definitely wanted some; they looked too enticing, but also expensive.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ISTJ

Mempy, you know what, I use the Underage moisturizer and it's too wonderful. The tube is small but it goes a long way, a relatively small dab covers your whole face.
    And it's all natural stuff.

Thanks!
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    ISTJ

If you want something really interesting about the toxic stuff in cosmetics you should go to a site called Environmental Working Group. Once in, click on 'Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database' (with a picture of nail polish next to it)
    You can type in nearly any product and they'll tell you what's in it and how toxic the product is. It's shocking!

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    And I tend to dismiss everything else that "nourishes", "hydrates", "refreshes", "reverses aging", "natural", "organic", sciency sounding buzzwords like "cellular level cleansing" and "regeneration" and medical sounding prefixes like "micro" and "bio", and those are just the tip of the iceberg. The marketing bullshit is pervasive.
    I always loved the commercials for some haircare product (I don't even know what) that showed the little vitamin capsules flowing into the model's hair.

We had an awesome home economics teacher in 8th grade. She gave everyone a (very short) list of the chemicals that actually do anything in personal care products, and what they each do. And belabored the point that wheatgerm oil, honeysuckle, beer, koala tears, etc. have absolutely no effect on anything.

Back on the original discussion, I personally like WD-40.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INXP

Geoff's thoughts on epidermal care.

I gave up shampoo 17 months ago. No soap or shampoo has touched my hair in that time. After a week or so of oddity with the hair, ever since I've had perfect fluffy hair. As a result of no longer stripping the scalp and forcing it to over produce grease, my scalp has cleaned up.. and feels better.. no itching and any tendency to have dandruff has disappeared. So that's part one : healthy scalp by just washing your hair in hot clean water.

Secondly, I've been considering ditching soap wherever possible. Now, I dont want to be dirty or smelly, but I soak in a hot bath for a good hour every couple of days (maybe 4 times a week on average). I've found that a good long soak means I am clean without soap.. or if necessary I use just a tiny amount of soap. It's working well and I havent seen a spot in a long time.

Next plan : give up deodorant? I don't seem to sweat much, and I still react slightly to it on my skin. Difficulty : a trip to the gym will mean following up with a bath every time.. or maybe I just do any exercise. I also need to be extra careful I'm not stinky and don't realise.

Overall though, removing products from my life and just using lots of good clean hot water has worked wonders for my skin and hair.

Anyone would think we evolved to live without soaps, shampoos and moisturisers and yet still be attractive and clean

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Pthhft. I'm still using soap on hands and stuff.. I just mean the whole body experience. Forget your conditioning.. I'd say one is far cleaner by way of a long soak in hot water and no soap, than one is with a quick shower using soap.