First 678910 Last

Thread: Moods

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Haha, I know a NT IRL that just spends all his time trying to get me to verbally abuse him. And sometimes physically. It's really funny :B

Sorry, just had to throw that in there cuz it made me laugh on the inside

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Pssst, Trinity. C'mere. Over in the corner. See that aj over there?

I heard that aj was a - gasp - THINNNKER!

OMG!
    Yeah, too subtle Anja, really have to hit hard to be noticed, I was thinking along the lines of a camel bite or a really loud scream about how much you HATE them, that kind of stuff makes me weak in the knees

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Haha, I know a NT IRL that just spends all his time trying to get me to verbally abuse him. And sometimes physically. It's really funny :B

Sorry, just had to throw that in there cuz it made me laugh on the inside
    I am totally disgusted by this post.

Physically? You said physically?

Where do you find these guys?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I am totally disgusted by this post.

Physically? You said physically?

Where do you find these guys?
    I don't mean beating-the-crap-outta-him physically. I mean just like, "God, you're so annoying and if you keep poking me with that pencil I'm going to slap you" physically.
    I don't do the beating people up thing >.>

But yeah; he seems to think it's hilarious :rolli:

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I don't do the beating people up thing >.>
    Ermm, I think you just did.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

I can't help the subtlety, Trinity. I'm an INFP.

Sad, but true.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    My view is our thoughts determine our feelings which in turn determine our actions, changing our thoughts when a situation arises that we disagree with and choosing an alternative feeling to anger/fear/etc is how we take responsibility for our negative moods.
    Ok. I don't disagree with the importance of thought control when in those situations. I usually focus on something else almost automatically. Still if I try to replace my frustration with the situation with some more positive mood, it's no good. I've done it sometimes, for example if I go to a party and realize someone is spoiling the mood, I focus on other people and try to be happy. But if I don't get far enough from the person with negative vibes, I will feel like a fake if I hear him on my one ear and joke with someone else. It's a bit hard to explain, but I hope you see what I mean. After this I will be anxious about me feeling fake. Then I am even more frustrated.

Oh, and I would switch the order: Our feelings determine our thoughts which determine our actions. (But I guess this is NF-NT difference)

I ask myself what will I gain by getting angry and the answer is always Ďnothing goodí so I adjust my mood and perspective, itís not always easy but if I donít do it Iím the only person I can hold accountable.
    Oh, but this is not a problem. I never really lose my temper.

Iím not going to go on about it cause Iíve had tooooo many discussions with people who disagree in the past that I donít think itís worth it but itís just the way I see life and it works well for me.
    Fair enough.

MBTI
    INFP

I am not moody, but I have a hard time being motivated to be friendly when irritated.

violaine

Eh, I am jumping back in but I do agree that thoughts precede feelings for the most part, in line with cognitive behavioral therapy.

Regardless, I don't ignore my strong feelings, it makes me feel de-real when I do for the sake of inner calm. My biggest concern is if I cut off from my feelings I'll cut off from being able to be creative. I feel like being receptive to my environment/feeling states (which I cultivate) means I just have to take the good with the bad, which is basically the way I cope with the negative stuff.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Ok. I don't disagree with the importance of thought control when in those situations. I usually focus on something else almost automatically. Still if I try to replace my frustration with the situation with some more positive mood, it's no good. I've done it sometimes, for example if I go to a party and realize someone is spoiling the mood, I focus on other people and try to be happy. But if I don't get far enough from the person with negative vibes, I will feel like a fake if I hear him on my one ear and joke with someone else. It's a bit hard to explain, but I hope you see what I mean. After this I will be anxious about me feeling fake. Then I am even more frustrated.
    Yep, I understand what you're saying. The thing is not to avoid by pushing it out of your mind but rather acknowledge it and decide if it's worth getting upset over, my feelings are it usually isn't, if someone around me is being offensive I choose to either challenge them or chalk them down as a tool who isn't worth the effort, either way my thoughts and feelings will result in an action and become effective not simmer inside and upset me. It's about what result you want, generally it works like this; you display anger you receive more anger, you display frustration you receive more frustration etc...

Oh, and I would switch the order: Our feelings determine our thoughts which determine our actions. (But I guess this is NF-NT difference)
    I don't say it that way because I'm an NT, these are principles that were ingrained into my by my NF mother but plenty of people disagree, I believe thought comes first it's just not always seen as conscience as people chose not to challenge their emotional reactions.

Oh, but this is not a problem. I never really lose my temper.
    Nice. Anger can be replaced with any other negative emotion such as frustration or fear.

Fair enough.
    By that I mean I'm happy to reply I just won't try to convince anyone