User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Moods

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I learned about healthy detachment and put it to use. If you aren't interested in that you'll have to figure out what works for you.

..and it's noticeable. You and heart almost seem like NTs in the political/current events/philosophy threads.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    In a perfect world, you are right.
    But this is not a perfect world.
    I donít understand what impact imperfection has, Iím talking about 100% internal reaction to an external situation. Itís a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I am in control and responsible for how I behave, but as far as my feeling come and go, I don't have control over them. I can control them by keeping them in, but that is a temporary fix and not healthy over long periods. Do you really control your feelings? I might want to learn that.
    Nope, suppression isn't healthy, that's not what I mean. My view is our thoughts determine our feelings which in turn determine our actions, changing our thoughts when a situation arises that we disagree with and choosing an alternative feeling to anger/fear/etc is how we take responsibility for our negative moods. Others can make me do things I don't want to but they will never control my thoughts or feelings about it. It's just a matter of being aware of your feelings as soon as you experience a negative emotion, Iím all about results so I ask myself what will I gain by getting angry and the answer is always Ďnothing goodí so I adjust my mood and perspective, itís not always easy but if I donít do it Iím the only person I can hold accountable.

Iím not a moody person and it's a very rare thing for me to be in a shitty mood, this is because I do not suppress emotions, rather as soon as I notice a negative thought/emotion I acknowledge it and do something to redirect my energy in a productive way.

Iím not going to go on about it cause Iíve had tooooo many discussions with people who disagree in the past that I donít think itís worth it but itís just the way I see life and it works well for me.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ..and it's noticeable. You and heart almost seem like NTs in the political/current events/philosophy threads.
    Assuming is a no-no, but I'm going to assume that's a compliment, aj, and say "Thanks!"
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

Assuming is a no-no, but I'm going to assume that's a compliment, aj, and say "Thanks!"
    Of course it is, you just got compared to NTs! Cherish this moment.

MBTI
    INFP

Excuse. There may be a long silence here while I try to figure out a way to return the compliment.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Itís a choice.
    That's how I see it too.

We don't have to do it perfectly, thank goodness. All we've got to do is do our best.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Excuse. There may be a long silence here while I try to figure out a way to return the compliment.
    Abuse, INTs like abuse... jess saying

MBTI
    INFP

Pssst, Trinity. C'mere. Over in the corner. See that aj over there?

I heard that aj was a - gasp - THINNNKER!

OMG!

MBTI
    INTP

Not abusive enough.

MBTI
    INFP

You do it. I'm not any good at abuse.

Self abuse? Hmmmm. Mental pic here.