User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Moods

MBTI
    INTJ

My moods vary quite a bit.
    I feel my feelings very strongly but don't usually feel safe to show them.
    When I'm not depressed, I'm usually cheerful.

MBTI
    INFP

Oh boy, do I hear that!

It's amazing how many people start a confrontation with the phrase, "You're making me feel ____________."

It's such a statement of powerlessness when you think about it.

There are a lot of people who don't understand that the feelings come from them and belong to them.

And, yeah, it is their responsibility to deal with them!

Some people never get it and spend their lives with their mood state dependent on other people's behavior. Not a good place to be.

Edit: This post was in respnse to Wolfy's last post.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    It's amazing how many people start a confrontation with the phrase, "You're making me feel ____________."

It's such a statement of powerlessness when you think about it.

There are a lot of people who don't understand that the feelings come from them and belong to them.

And, yeah, it is their responsibility to deal with them!

Some people never get it and spend their lives with their mood state dependent on other people's behavior. Not a good place to be.

Edit: This post was in respnse to Wolfy's last post.

I only agree with this up to a point. If I am living with someone or being a co-worker and I am perpetually in a bad mood, venting anger, venting sadness or being constantly critical I will be affecting the people around me. To deny this is, is to be irresponsible and narcissistic.

Sure, they can distance themselves to some degree, but I am putting a heavy burden on their energy by expecting them to do so. No human is truly an island, no matter how much we might want to be at times.

MBTI
    INFP

What I said, heart.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

heart on fire

What I said, heart.
    I read what you said and it sounds like you are saying individuals are always 100 percent responsible for how their environments make them feel, no matter how insane or toxic those environments are.

Ideally yes, but it can take a lot of emotional energy to constantly be overcoming someone else's emotionalism poured into our environment and how many of us are superhuman? Sure we should always strive to overcome our enviroment but we cannot escape the responsiblity of how of the environment we create around us affects others and simply tell others "It's not my fault my constant bad mood makes you feel awful."

There's a middle path in there.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, there is.

And ultimately one can do little to change others.

heart on fire

Yes, there is.

And ultimately one can do little to change others.
    It's true that we can't change others, but it's also true that we're each responsible for what we put out in the atmosphere around us. Psychology mantras talk can't do anyway with the need and responsiblity for basic consideration.

MBTI
    INFP

At the risk of turning this into another heart/Anja show, I'll respond once again that you are repeating what I already said in another way.

Yes, yes, yes, I agree with you.

heart on fire

At the risk of turning this into another heart/Anja show, I'll respond once again that you are repeating what I already said in another way.

Yes, yes, yes, I agree with you.
    I didn't read it that way at all, but if you say now that was what you meant, then okay that was what you meant.

I don't get your "another heart/Anja show" comment except as some sort of passive aggressive dig because I've dared disagree with something you said and you're taking it personally. It's not personal.

The reason why I responded as I did is that I don't like "feel good" mantras that encourage emotional fakeness. I tend to think that most people who claim to be impervious to the moods of people around them are fooling themselves. Meanwhile inside, underneath they are being driven just as crazy and it comes out in underhanded, subconscious ways.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Uh oh, two INFP's going at each other?! I've never seen this in the wild before, goddammit where's my binocs?