Thread: Moods

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I feel a need to come forward and perform. Like a high. Or a need to be left alone to observe. I can observe my energy and my engagement with the moment objectively.

I suppose my question is are other peoples moods stable?
    How often does this occur? I typically go through a cycle as well, with the peak and the valley each lasting 2-3 days. Of course, outside stimuli certainly accelerate this pace.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I'm moody. It doesn't go outward though, like the OP mentioned. It's just an internal shift and I don't like how easily it can happen. I get bothered and irritable too quickly.
    Now that I think about it, the shift usually comes because of people, it doesn't really happen when I'm alone. (unless teh interwebs doesn't want to work)
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, gloomy. Stress is a major trigger for me with mood fluxuatation.

It doesn't even have to be a "bad" kind of stress. Just too much input!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Yes, gloomy. Stress is a major trigger for me with mood fluxuatation.

It doesn't even have to be a "bad" kind of stress. Just too much input!
    Exactly! It's horrible too, because I like to concentrate on what I'm working on, and when I have too many priorities with no distinguished "main" priority, then stress levels go through the roof and social ability plummets. Moodiness is definitely connected to that, and I really hate it...
    My sister is ENTJ, and I wish I could handle stress as well as she can :sad:

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't think I'm moody, but I never really thought about it in detail. I'll get in hyper good moods sometimes I suppose, and I don't get in bad moods that often and my friends tell me I'm very optimistic. I like to think that I'm usually a few levels above "content" most of the time.

Is being quiet considered to be a moody by some people? I'll get spurts of quietness when with people sometimes, especially if I'm not interested in anything anyone is saying.

I too have extremely mercurial mood swings, switching from utter joy to cataclysmic misery in a second's notice without benefit of an environmental catalyst....which leaves me scratching my head in wonder half the time... It's mostly an internal warfare, so outsiders rarely see the inner roller coaster ride my emotions often take. Even those closest to me only get a sneak peak because I don't feel as though it's necessary to start whining frantically for no reason whatsoever. heh. It was harder to control my powerful emotions when I was younger, but as I'm getting older, it's much easier to keep myself in check. phew. These days, I'm feeling more stable than I have ever felt. Sure I still have my constant up and downs, I just don't let my emotions manifest outward in my behavior towards the external world. And I don't let them rule me. It's oddly liberating.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    I too have extremely mercurial mood swings, switching from utter joy to cataclysmic misery in a second's notice without benefit of an environmental catalyst....which leaves me scratching my head in wonder half the time... It's mostly an internal warfare, so outsiders rarely see the inner roller coaster ride my emotions often take. Even those closest to me only get a sneak peak because I don't feel as though it's necessary to start whining frantically for no reason whatsoever. heh. It was harder to control my powerful emotions when I was younger, but as I'm getting older, it's much easier to keep myself in check. phew. These days, I'm feeling more stable than I have ever felt. Sure I still have my constant up and downs, I just don't let my emotions manifest outward in my behavior towards the external world. And I don't let them rule me. It's oddly liberating.
    I'm not sure about other types, but I think it takes INFPs some time to learn how to deal with this.

Yeah. Mindfulness. The concept that a feeling does not necessitate action. That was a surprise to learn about.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

I feel a need to come forward and perform. Like a high. Or a need to be left alone to observe. I can observe my energy and my engagement with the moment objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    How often does this occur? I typically go through a cycle as well, with the peak and the valley each lasting 2-3 days. Of course, outside stimuli certainly accelerate this pace.
    Mine last something like that too. I can't see any reason for the change. No stimuli that I can perceive.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

"I had a very bad dream. It lasted twenty years, seven months, and twenty-seven days."

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post

People will rarely acknowledge being in a "bad" mood ( except retroactively ) , and I think this is due to two reasons.
    ( 1. ) Connotations of the word "bad"
    ( 2. ) The phenomenon I mentioned earlier, that the very thing which would be observing is affected.
    I would think people don't admit their bad moods because to do so would put the onus on them to take responsibility for it.
    Especially in an argument if you admit to a bad mood it gives the other person leverage. Not that I would know.