User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Thread: Moods

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

im pretty chilled out most of the time. i dont get "moody". i get excited a lot. if a new idea comes up or a topic i know a lot about is brought up in conversation i visually get excited haha. but moody, definitely not, i know how to handle my emotions.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    To me this idea of being able to put things in perspective is admirable and a good goal but it also has some negative sides in it. Say I put everything in perspective. Nothing matters really. It gets close to cynicism.

I feel it's not the same, but still... thinking from that perspective, someone beats me up or a girl dumps me or I am humiliated in front of someone I care or anything like that. If I am good at seeing it from that perspective it doesn't matter. And then I would have to ask myself if it matters to me to be respected by my friends or if my feelings for that girl meant anything or does it matter to me to feel safe when walking on the street. Where do I stop? I really despise cynicism and if there is a way that brings me closer to being a cynic, I don't wanna go there.

There's nothing wrong with a healthy degree of cynicism. It would be just as out of balance to always be positive as to always be negative.

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

hmmm, i am the sort of person who is always flamboyant and ostentatious up until a point, when i just break under the pressure of my own facade!

it doesn't happen often, and i notice it most at parties, where i can be the life of the party, and entertain everyone for hours with my boundless energy and insane fun.

but the moment i am alone, and in a one-on-one interaction with someone, i crash,

THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE WHEN THAT ONE ON ONE ENCOUNTER IS WITH PARTICULARLY EMOTIONAL PEOPLE (for example, my INFJ friend)

i guess for me, a 'mood' is how much you enjoy yourself around people, and for me, being an ENTJ, i am quite social, but my E also quite often swings to an I, and for that time, i feel very dark, cynical, and 'moody'dd
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

I'm moody. Someone once thought that I was bipolar. I'm not though. I have been called the most emotional person that someone knows. What can I say? My emotion colors my life and what I feel is what I go with at the time, though the depth to which I express it can vary. Fun times...
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think that usually my worst moods come from getting my hopes up too quickly and then having them dashed very shortly thereafter.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

*shifts in seat* I'm probably more moody than I let on. When I'm sitting alone in the house most of the time it's not going to be noticed by anybody but me...and sometimes it's hard to put across that kind of emotion while talking on the internet. However, a certain someone *points a couple posts up* seems to usually know if I'm being down on myself. I've a tendency to try and stuff everything inside because I don't want to make other people deal with my emotions--I don't want to burden them with my problems. As a kid and teenager I was horribly moody, though, more than I can be now, sometimes. I think my mom didn't know how to handle that [in hindsight, it might be why she lost her patience with me so much]. But I didn't have a fantastic childhood, either, so I guess several things come into play there. Otherwise, I try to be pretty upbeat about things, life in general-- it works...sometimes.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    *shifts in seat* I'm probably more moody than I let on. When I'm sitting alone in the house most of the time it's not going to be noticed by anybody but me...and sometimes it's hard to put across that kind of emotion while talking on the internet. However, a certain someone *points a couple posts up* seems to usually know if I'm being down on myself. I've a tendency to try and stuff everything inside because I don't want to make other people deal with my emotions--I don't want to burden them with my problems. As a kid and teenager I was horribly moody, though, more than I can be now, sometimes. I think my mom didn't know how to handle that [in hindsight, it might be why she lost her patience with me so much]. But I didn't have a fantastic childhood, either, so I guess several things come into play there. Otherwise, I try to be pretty upbeat about things, life in general-- it works...sometimes.
    *sigh* completely agree.

its surprisingly hard to tell an INFJs mood at the best of times [which is surprising, considering all the INFJs i know really wear their hearts on their sleeves]. my best friend, and INFJ...*sigh* for the most part my N serves to be strong enough to be able to pick up on it. however, when i do, its a feeling so strong that i don't even have to be talking to him, i just feel it. for the most part tho, i think i finally am starting to work out the tricks of the INFJ [but don't tell him that, coz he will change on me again :P] my N is strong enough to see right through everything he puts up against the world, and [after having this discussion with him last night] we finally realised that we have a great relationship, because neither of us can escape the intuitive radar of the other.

anyway, back to my point [woops...rant] the internet is a cow as far as i am concerned, so isolating, so testing to my E, for starters, and without my N, *sigh* i don't think i would be able to handle it. [REAL LIFE CONVERSATIONS FTW!]
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

Though question. I am moody, yet I'm not.

My moods stay pretty consistent and I have a calm and quiet exterior, people sometimes think nothing affects me. Someone once said me to be unemotional. LOL. The ass didn't know me.

But I'm moody. I go through many different moods in a day and most things I encounter still affect my moods. Heart on the sleeve, eh? It changes, a lot. I rarely venture to the aggressive or pissed off -side, but everything else happens. Even withour provoking. I just don't want to bother others with my moodiness, it's not so important, it'll pass.

And, if you see me moody around you. I like you, I trust you and so on. Be happy. ..except if I'm cranky all the time or passive-aggressive, which means the complete opposite.
    I need to loosen the controll I have..

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Though question. I am moody, yet I'm not.

My moods stay pretty consistent and I have a calm and quiet exterior, people sometimes think nothing affects me. Someone once said me to be unemotional. LOL. The ass didn't know me.

But I'm moody. I go through many different moods in a day and most things I encounter still affect my moods. Heart on the sleeve, eh? It changes, a lot. I rarely venture to the aggressive or pissed off -side, but everything else happens. Even withour provoking. I just don't want to bother others with my moodiness, it's not so important, it'll pass.

And, if you see me moody around you. I like you, I trust you and so on. Be happy. ..except if I'm cranky all the time or passive-aggressive, which means the complete opposite.
    I need to loosen the controll I have..
    We are a lot alike.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My moods are consistent especially outwardly when interacting with other people. What affects me the most are physiological factors like low blood sugar and being over tired. I have some anxiety issues, but don't tend to indulge moods because I really want to be consistent and coherent in my thoughts and actions. In some ways it makes me unchallenging to interact with which has some positive and negative results.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)