User Tag List

12 Last

beyondaurora

Default Type and Affective Dreams

I'm curious as to whether there is a correlation between type and affective dreaming.

I for one frequently have very bizarre or disturbing dreams that cause me to wake up crying and/or affect my mood for the rest of the day. And to clarify, depending on the dream, my mood is not always negative. I could be left feeling spacey, from another dimension, or deeply in love.

This morning, my partner (ExFP) woke up crying and upset by a dream he had. As is usually the case with me, he just couldn't shake it, and he has these types of dreams at least a few times per month. In comparison, my ex-husband (INTJ) hardly ever dreamed, and if he did, his dreams were about computer games.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I doubt it.

beyondaurora

Any other thoughts? At the very least, are there others that have these experiences with dreams seriously affecting their mood?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Oh yes, quite. Perhaps you asked a suboptimal question in the OP.

I have had dreams carry me for two days. The bad ones, I quarantine and forget.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's very unusual for me, but lately I have dreams every so often where I wake up crying. I don't feel bad when I wake up though and I forget all about it. Always about the same thing, a close immediate family member. They were hurt really bad (like almost died) in an accident several months ago and still haven't quite recovered. I guess I process this when I sleep.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Sometimes I wake up covered in sweat after a particularly bad dream. But usually mood affects dreams, not the other way around. It gets to the point of not wanting to sleep or get myself tired enough to get into a dead-sleep, but typically ten minutes after the dream, I'd already forgotten about it, or can't even remember why it was so terrifying...

Don't think I've ever woken up crying, though.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I've had particulatly horrible dreams, and I can remember waking up crying when I was like thirteen. I'd rather not recount what happened in it, but it really sucked.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I've had really vivid, terrible dreams that made me wake up sweating, screaming, and/or crying. But once I wake from these dreams, they cease to affect my mood.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I find that I don't get nightmares anymore... when my dreams take a turn for the worse, I will either become lucid or will just not take the negative things happening in dream seriously for some reason. I will probably have at least one semi-lucid dream every couple of days.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I have often woken up experiencing strong emotions from my dreams, for example, crying streams of tears or laughing out loud. Sometimes the feelings rapidly fade, but at other times they can persist for much longer, especially the pleasant ones.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush