• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suicidal thoughts?

How often do you have suicidal thoughts?

• Total voters

Rosabel

Had once due to severe depression when I was 15. It wasn't really a suicidal thought, but the idea was about the same: wanting to die/ disappear.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When i was around 13/14 I sort of had these reoccurring suicidal thoughts. I didn't want to die but I would just get these thoughts about how I could do it and I wouldn't be able to get them out of my head. I got scared because I felt like it was inevitable. but it went away.

When I went to college I was in a very bad mental space. I lived in a high rise and my desk faced directly into this 9 story high window. There were a couple times when I felt really compelled to jump out. When that happened I would either cover the window or go to the stairwell .

Now I think about it much less frequently be it still pops up.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh, well, I suppose it's nice to know I'm not alone.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Couldn't really pick an appropriate answer.

I have them now and again, in phases, maybe ranging from a few times a week to a few times a month. However I don't take them seriously or dwell on them, I dismiss them as absurd thought artifacts.

I used to have them seriously all the time, but after learning how to dismiss them it's almost like I don't anymore, but I'm becoming self aware enough to realize what I also think about and subsequently dismiss - like stuff that I'd believe I don't think because I forget about it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Haven't really had any for around seven years or so. Thank God. I don't miss not being being my happy thought.

Crazy thing is that the cure, for me, was money. That's a hard thing for an INFJ to accept, let me tell you.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only seriously contemplated suicide once, but it was one of those "if you start on this med and suddenly have suicidal thoughts" type of deal. Other than that, a lot of times I wish I could just go to sleep and never wake up. (Not right this minute, don't want a million worried reps!.) It sometimes lasts for months at a time...Wake up disappointed that I woke up, (generally sleep all day in those cases anyway). Had some pretty self destructive behaviors that aimed towards numbing myself and didn't care about my body at all, have had my mind consumed with death and being dead. I can't really pin down an average over time so I said "once a year or more" though that's not even really accurate since I only truly considered the act of suicide once. I find it interesting that it is so common, but maybe people who think about these things more are more likely to respond. My belief system is just too against it and it's too selfish, I've pictured it ruining my mother's life most of all.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I had these thoughts in a very depressing period many years ago. They just deepened and deepened and didn't go away, so I decided to try something that will solve the situation one way or the other for all eternity. It worked and I haven't seriously considered suicide ever since. I wouldn't want to have those feelings or that experience ever again.

So what did I decide? Basically that every time I feel depressed I'll increase the use of any & all viable coping mechanisms even though I'd rather feel like giving up.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Just yesterday I was watching a video on becoming old and I was like "man, why exactly am I not going to end it again?"...

Every week I have to consciously remind myself of the reasons I drew up for why I would not kill myself.

"I swear to god I just want to slit my wrists and end this bullshit, throw the magnum to my head threaten to pull shit....and squeeze, until the bed's, completely red, I'm glad I'm dead, a worthless fucking buddha head...the stress is building up, I can't, I can't believe suicide's on my fucking mind, I wan't to leave, I swear to god it feel like death is fucking calling me, but, naw, you wouldn't understand..."

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The idea has always sounded illogical to me.

I have some intellectual curiosity though. Even read some websites about it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Every few years or so, I'll remember that the possibility exists, then I'll consider it for five seconds or so, and then I'll remember what a shitty idea it is. Less shitty if I were utterly alone in the world, but it would hurt my friends and family so much that it wouldn't be worth it.
I am highly amused that this a public poll.
Yeah, I was pretty shocked by that! But I guess, if people didn't want others to know their answer, they wouldn't have answered... the public poll warning was there from the beginning.

Nicki

Retired
Around 2 days every month, I consider suicide but then I realize that I have a lot to live for and if I really wanted to end my life, I should have fun while I'm at it, not down a couple of pills.

G

Glycerine

I used to mostly fantasize about my own suicide when I was a little kid.... but not so much anymore.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To clarify, I meant illogical for me to do it.

Chances are I'm gonna spend an eternity not living, so it only makes sense for me to enjoy the being alive part. Excluding a portion of humans, pretty much every living being seems to tacitly agree with me, so there's that.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Never. I've thought of what it would be like/the impact it would have (as I'm sure everyone has), but never in a way where I legitimately entertained the idea of doing it. I don't wish to die.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had them once. It was bad but I came out of it, thank God, with some help. Befor that, I never thought I would go there, but I did and afterwards, I vowed to never get that low again, because I realized that it was gradual and unchecked.