• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Self image of physical appearance

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would depend on several things I think. lol I couldn't rightly say though because I don't know you that well. :bananallama:

Well, when ever I worry about becoming too narcissistic, I realize that a true narcissist would probably not ever worry about being a narcissist. I realize that this creates a fallacy. Just because you don't worry about narcissism doesn't make you a narcissist.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Why not? I don't see how I can tell you how I think of myself in terms of attractiveness if I don't know what you mean by it... I'm pretty sure attractiveness is something that changes from culture to culture so I don't want to start off making a statement based off my own pre conceived notions of what I think it is.

There are some days when I don't think people will think I look that great. Others when I think they do. I can never know for sure because people are attracted to many different things. I don't want to say that "HAY I'M ATTRACTIVE" because I don't have enough information on what it takes to make that statement.

Because I don't think the point of this thread was for people to declare whether or not they are really, truly, objectively attractive by some definition (which doesn't really exist), but rather to tell whether they normally feel attractive, and what factors influence that feeling one way or the other. Every poster may be thinking of themselves in light of a different standard or idea of attractiveness, but how they feel about themselves in relationship to any one of those standards and why is what I thought the discussion was more about. I could be wrong, though.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm... I don't have much confidence in my physical attractiveness. I think I have a decently attractive personality though; it's just a matter of putting myself out there and being social.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like how I look at all. One reason why is because I simply don't find myself very appealing, for the most part. But a bigger reason is because I don't think my outer body matches who I really am, and definitely not who I want to be, and I hate that disconnect.

I would consistently rate my appearance at around a solid 4/10, maybe getting up to a 4.5 or 5 if I wear something that shows my muscles. What fluctuates is my level of satisfaction. Some days I wish I were my ideal appearance, a 10/10, very fit person, and anything else is unacceptable. These days, I fixate on my many physical flaws, because it's not okay to not be perfect. Other times, looks aren't on my mind at all and I can ignore it completely, not caring about it, even though I know I'm not the best looking.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't consider myself naturally beautiful. I am very strategic about tweaking my appearance, so most days I do feel cute af (after I get ready), but to me it feels like a precarious façade, even though I wear minimal makeup. It doesn't bother me that much, because to me the body I create is an expression of myself (or it gives me the confidence to express myself how I would like); it just makes me envious of more attractive people who could afford to be carefree about their appearance. Some days I do feel I look more attractive than other days, depending on how much water retention is in my face, how clear my skin is, and how well I slept the night before.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like how I look at all. One reason why is because I simply don't find myself very appealing, for the most part. But a bigger reason is because I don't think my outer body matches who I really am, and definitely not who I want to be, and I hate that disconnect.
I would argue with the first - you look quite appealing to me - but can understand the second.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I made a very brief practice video today, and watching it was painful because apparently I'm 10 times uglier than I think I am. The angle was shit, but then again, so are the angles of my face. It was depressing and I've since deleted it.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's tough. I think at my core I'm ok looking, I think I take the "big" parts of my face like my glasses, hair, and eyes and take those parts and idealize them into something prettier than I actually am. But when I actually scrutinize myself in the mirror, I'd give myself about a 4. Some parts I adore, other parts are nauseating. I put on a cool outfit and imagine that I'm in a movie or in a music video and I get lost in that fantasy for awhile although looking in the mirror snaps me out of the moment. Overall my view is pretty consistent, though some days I feel like a nasty lump of skin.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I consistently feel that I weigh too much. I could be too thin, but I struggle to see myself as anything but lumpy at some level. I do love my body, and I feel good in it, but I have fears about not looking good enough for intimate relationships. I think I may be slowly making progress.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I would say it is normal for an individuals perception of themselves to fluctuate. For myself at least it depends on my mental state of mine. I also find people feel like their bodies are not "who they are" which is so interesting, like if they had to create an avatar of themselves they would make something completely different.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My physical self-image is fairly consistent. I am quite plain, I am well aware of that and it doesn't bother me. I am also neat, well-groomed, and well put together, and that is enough.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I'm told the person in the mirror with the 1,000 yard stare is me, but I remain skeptical. I know it's only a matter of time before it slips up, and I never stop laughing and or screaming. Mirrors are complicated.