User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Everyday I wake up and cry when I look in the mirror. Not really but at the same time I'm really jealous of some of my friends they never have to be concerned about how they look because they were blessed with decent looks. I don't know I guess it kind of hurts my feelings when people say less than stellar things about my physical appearance. Its something I've had to deal with my whole life so I guess I've kind of gotten used to it but It still hurts every time I'm called ugly to my face.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Everyday I wake up and cry when I look in the mirror. Not really but at the same time I'm really jealous of some of my friends they never have to be concerned about how they look because they were blessed with decent looks. I don't know I guess it kind of hurts my feelings when people say less than stellar things about my physical appearance. Its something I've had to deal with my whole life so I guess I've kind of gotten used to it but It still hurts every time I'm called ugly to my face.
    I hate it when people are hard on themselves like this! Develop an enormously cocky ego or something. Even if you look like a stuck up idiot in doing so, who cares? It's better than letting things like this effect your wellbeing. Anyone who tries to be mean like that is just cruel and socially retarded, and you are therefore superior to them.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Man, thats wack, who do you know that is rude enough to say something like that? You sound like a decent enough guy, so I can't imagine someone being that much of an ass to you in your face. Unless its someone used to you like your mom or family . . .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

It varies with me all of the time. Sometimes I feel as if I can actually see what someone might find interesting about me. Most of the times I believe I'm actually rather plain. And sometimes I believe there's nothing good about me at all. But, even in the worst of times, I do try to stick to this: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I don't believe the beholder to be myself (as one friend tried to convince me before), but in those who perceive me because their perception is different from my own. We are our own worst critic after all. And for me, it's hard to take compliments, at least inwardly. And the hardest one to accept would be 'beautiful'.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

People have no right to call anyone else ugly, especially not to their face. They have no rights to hurting others. Perhaps it's their way of not wanting to deal with their own issue of seeing what they perceive to be ugly in themselves. It's no excuse though. If you truly wish, I'll come over and kick their asses for you. (I am joking, however... lol)
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    ENTP

I know how worthless and annoying is being told that 'you have to accept yourself', so I won't say it. But really, what's the use on crying and hurting because of that? People who says those things are just bastards who are screwing with you. Probably they still do it because they know how much it hurts you.
    You can born with looks or brains, maybe with both, but think about it... beauty ends fading away. Intelligence not (or at least, it does very later than beauty). You just have to play with the cards you have.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think I understand how Aimahn feels, except no one has said anything insulting to me since I was in college. But, the feelings remain. Since puberty I've always hated my appearance and had similar thoughts when I passed a mirror. I felt sad and cheated out of normal experiences. When other girls my age were experimenting with their newfound sexuality and attractiveness I was hiding under layers of clothing and waist-length hair that covered as much of my face as possible.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think I understand how Aimahn feels, except no one has said anything insulting to me since I was in college. But, the feelings remain. Since puberty I've always hated my appearance and had similar thoughts when I passed a mirror. I felt sad and cheated out of normal experiences. When other girls my age were experimenting with their newfound sexuality and attractiveness I was hiding under layers of clothing and waist-length hair that covered as much of my face as possible.
    I sympathize here, that was kind of like me through school. I had my moments where I felt the urge to dress myself up and put make-up on and try to look cute-- and would actually feel that way until I saw all the other girls who looked way cuter. Comparing myself with others has always been an issue for me and it's hard not to take it to heart sometimes [especially, while growing up, I always had to listen to members of my family gushing about how beautiful my cousin is--and lately, how beautiful her sisters are That never fails to make me feel pretty inadequate, though I love my cousins dearly].

Despite my friends telling me that I'm pretty, I can't simply believe it since it doesn't really go along with how I see myself. Sometimes, I feel pretty good...but most times, I feel as though I could be so much better. I'm far from comfortable with my own body *pokes at self* and I have trouble accepting myself for my appearance. Who I am on the inside seems interesting enough for some people, though I just simply wish I felt as good about who I am on the outside, too.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    I sympathize here, that was kind of like me through school. I had my moments where I felt the urge to dress myself up and put make-up on and try to look cute-- and would actually feel that way until I saw all the other girls who looked way cuter. Comparing myself with others has always been an issue for me and it's hard not to take it to heart sometimes [especially, while growing up, I always had to listen to members of my family gushing about how beautiful my cousin is--and lately, how beautiful her sisters are That never fails to make me feel pretty inadequate, though I love my cousins dearly].

Despite my friends telling me that I'm pretty, I can't simply believe it since it doesn't really go along with how I see myself. Sometimes, I feel pretty good...but most times, I feel as though I could be so much better. I'm far from comfortable with my own body *pokes at self* and I have trouble accepting myself for my appearance. Who I am on the inside seems interesting enough for some people, though I just simply wish I felt as good about who I am on the outside, too.
    Man, I could have written every word of this, down to the hot cousins. One of my cousins is in my top five favorite people on the planet but she's also one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. It's difficult to grow up being compared to that, which some of my extended family did every chance they got.

Like you, I don't have self-esteem issues about my inner self (anymore--I once did). In my case it's my husband who wishes I understood that he really does find me attractive. For a long time I simply assumed that he begrudgingly accepted my appearance in a trade-off for having a cool and smart girlfriend/wife. He insists that he feels like he has the package deal of cool/smart/hot wife, but it's too easy for me to explain that away. "I was lucky to find the one person in the world who actually likes the way I look" is the usual line. (Edited to add: or in darker moments, "of course he can't tell me he doesn't think I'm attractive, he's too kind to do that")
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My inner-self, thankfully, was the one part of me I have always accepted. I've had my doubts, but I thought..you know...my friends really like me, so there must be something pretty awesome there. Being weird is ok *lol*.

Yeah, growing up like that is tough, and I never told anybody in my family that it hurt me [and still does, since they still do things like this...] because I was/am afraid that they'll think I'm overreacting or reading into it too much and am taking offense to nothing. It doesn't feel like nothing, however...when school pictures came, back then, and they'd see mine and say 'Oh, you look so nice!" I was thrilled-- and then we'd see my cousins' pictures and their praise was 'Oh my gosh, she looks soooo pretty!! Doesn't she look pretty?!' I agreed, of course-- because my cousins are pretty-- but they clearly missed the insinuated insult to my own esteem..

I think I'd be pretty lucky if I were to find someone who could make me feel attractive...I'm...still working on that.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png