User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Funny thread. I feel a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to personal image.

When I was a kid I think I was aware I was kind of attractive. At least girls used to be drawn to me. Of course when you are younger you don't even care about girls. With puberty came acne and it was a bit of a blow to my self esteem as I started obsessing over the opposite sex. I play the confident character part pretty well but doesn't really help convince myself that looks aren't important. I'm a guy who doesn't really care much what others think of me, but I think I'm a lot more self-aware then I was years ago. I now feel the need to exercise. That's what I mean by hypocrisy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I pay as little attention to it as possible. I've been in great shape, all tidied up, snazzy, you know? And no one noticed.

Then it'll be 2 AM, I haven't left the apartment in three days, and I force myself to go get a sandwich. I'm dirty, my hair is totally silly, I've thrown on some retarded clothing combination only to cover myself, and I have an anti-social look in my eye due to suddenly being around people...And some cute girl will stare at me like she's been wandering through the desert for 48 hours and I'm Gatorade. Fuck it.
    haha...i get that...disheveled is kinda hot...haha

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    See, physical appearance is the most irrelevant thing there is in the world.

My take on it is very very spiritual and INFJ influenced, so I wont dig into it
    ooohhh...sounds good..i wanna hear.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so...my opinion is...
    everybody's got their somethin
    it's an attitude thing ya know...

i've always felt fine with the way i looked...i can relate to it...i look like my dad and he was my favorite person ever...so i like that

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i've always felt fine with the way i looked...
    It is unanimous. Next topic?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I really don't think I look like the person I see in the mirror. It doesn't look like me at all.
    I feel this way a lot. It's really easy for me to become sort of detached from my body. I tend to neglect my body a lot because I am not very tuned into my physical needs. Whether or not I am feeling ugly or particularly attractive has nothing to do with my physical appearance, although I usually think it does.
    Rain makes applesauce

Dali

The magic metabolism of youth just vanished for me a few months ago (im 22) and since then, the pounds have started piling on. My tall and lanky frame is changing and yes, whenever I'm out in public, I spend several minutes obsessing over people noticing that. I intend to hit a gym soon and I'm sure I'll feel much more confident about my appearance when I do.

EDIT: I must add that I felt properly hideous all through my severe acne years (15 - 18). Never kid anyone about their acne.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I pay as little attention to it as possible. I've been in great shape, all tidied up, snazzy, you know? And no one noticed.

Then it'll be 2 AM, I haven't left the apartment in three days, and I force myself to go get a sandwich. I'm dirty, my hair is totally silly, I've thrown on some retarded clothing combination only to cover myself, and I have an anti-social look in my eye due to suddenly being around people...And some cute girl will stare at me like she's been wandering through the desert for 48 hours and I'm Gatorade. Fuck it.
    I'm the most out-of-shape and most antisocial I've been in my life... and suddenly, I have three girls crushing on me within the space of a few months when practically none noticed me during the previous two years.

I'll never understand 'this'.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have always been content with my looks. I feel comfortable in my own skin.

I do not feel insecure when interact with someone who is strikingly attractive and is cocky about their looks. As far as I am concerned, they can go fuck their shallow self.

The only time I get self conscious is when I meet someone who is not only pretty, but also pleasant and polite. That upsets me. I don't like being in a presence of someone who is clearly a better person than I am.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I really don't think I look like the person I see in the mirror. It doesn't look like me at all.
    This says it all, I am too detached from the outside so the person inside doesn't really have an image, I don't know who the person in the mirror is. I guess you never know what you really look like through other people's eyes. In all honesty though, I am content with how I look and never though negative or positive about it, mainly due to the detachment.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I think it mostly depends on how clean and well-rested I feel.
    Yeah.

Also, sometimes I have fashion meltdowns. I feel really crappy if I'm not satisfied with my outfit, but it's not directly related to how attractive I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Although it's often said, I echo the sentiment that physical attractiveness is of meager importance when weighed against qualities like personality/intelligence.
    Of course.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D