User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

I'm really neutral about my own appearance. I'm fit and healthy. That is my only concern. If my shirt is on the right way, it's a good day. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

MBTI
    IntP

Fluctuates over the day, usually depending on whether I've showered or not. Some days I just try to tell myself I'm the "weird" kind of pretty, with varying degrees of success.

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I really don't think I look like the person I see in the mirror. It doesn't look like me at all.
    I can actually relate to that.

MBTI
    INTP

I think the question for me is more so how much damage have I done to myself. If I smell clean and have clean clothes on I'm good to go.

I don't really pay any attention though to my appearance so I don't think I pay to much attention to my self image, unless someone is gawking/staring then it either decreases or I have a laugh because I sort of feel bad for them that I'm their object of attention
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I really don't think I look like the person I see in the mirror. It doesn't look like me at all.
    That ^ totally. I'm pretty detached from what I look like.

beyondaurora

My self-image fluctuates constantly. One moment I feel content with my attractiveness and happy with keeping my appearance natural and modest, but as soon as I see some "hot chick" with fake boobs and highlights, I feel horribly unattractive. This is especially true if my partner finds those types of women attractive (which I know he does). It blows my mind because I value that aspect of myself very much and I want him to as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

It fluctuates, probably tending more to the negative side, mainly due to my skin which has been fucked up since time immemorial. But I don't really think about it that much and I never really get depressed about it. I'm highly self-critical about most things, so I try to keep that in the back of my mind.

violaine

Can fluctuate a little and seems to depend on how much exercise I'm getting. I don't feel quite right if I don't work out. If I am then I feel good about myself.

MBTI
    ENTP

My sense of appearance varies based on my mood. No surprise there. When we feel good, we LOOK good. When we feel like shit, we look like shit. Conversely, when you look good, you start to feel good. That's partly why when you're feeling depressed you need to get out there and take care of your appearance. Get a haircut. Throw on some cologne or something.

Confidence is key. When you're feeling insecure and you're on the make, women can sense it. When you are confident and don't give a shit, women will respond. Do you look any different? Not really. But, you do. Your animating principle has shifted dramatically. You project strength and independence rather than fear and insecurity. The solution is to purposefully destroy all vestiges of insecurity or self-consciousness. Go out of your way to embarrass yourself. What does it matter? Most people are not paying attention to you anyway. Annihilate self.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFx

For me it depends on whether I've got clothes on. I have absolutely no figure and am basically a scrawny toothpick. But I've got an attractive face, porcelain skin & glossy hair (as you can see, I'm very modest) and I like to dress nicely in my own unique way. So when I'm wearing clothes, I'm usually somewhere from feeling good about myself to feeling alright.

But during the other situation, I'm really insecure. I can't tell you how much I envy other women who actually have a figure (e.g. curves).

I can't relate much to the comments that people make about my appearance, like the words they use to describe me: dainty, elegant, tiny, cute, sweet... For years I was completely surprised to hear myself described that way.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post

...I can't relate much to the comments that people make about my appearance, like the words they use to describe me: dainty, elegant, tiny, cute, sweet... For years I was completely surprised to hear myself described that way.
    ^Those are some wonderful descriptors!