User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I pay as little attention to it as possible. I've been in great shape, all tidied up, snazzy, you know? And no one noticed.

Then it'll be 2 AM, I haven't left the apartment in three days, and I force myself to go get a sandwich. I'm dirty, my hair is totally silly, I've thrown on some retarded clothing combination only to cover myself, and I have an anti-social look in my eye due to suddenly being around people...And some cute girl will stare at me like she's been wandering through the desert for 48 hours and I'm Gatorade. Fuck it.
    See, physical appearance is the most irrelevant thing there is in the world.

My take on it is very very spiritual and INFJ influenced, so I wont dig into it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTJ

It ususally depends on my mental state. At times I feel that I am very attractive and it usually corresponds to an upbeat mood. When I feel discouraged or depressed, I then beleive that I am ugly.

I've also noticed that my opinion of my attractiveness also depends on how close or far away I am in relation to the mirror. There is a certain distance where I think I look good, but as I get closer that opinion changes. There is a "no mans land" area where I don't like how I look. Once I get to extreme close up distance and start to focus on smaller aspects of my appearance, say just my eyes or my lips, then I like what I see again.

heart on fire

Sinus trouble doesn't help. If my face gets sorta swollen then I hate it.

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

It fluctuates for me as well. Some days I feel like a 9 or 10, and other days more like a 6 or 7. Although, its really all about confidence. The more confident you feel, the more attractive you feel/are, which boosts your confidence again. Definitely a difference in the looks I get when I feel more confident as compared to when I don't.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I'm curious to know how your self image fluctuates. Do you hold a consistent opinion on what you perceive is your level of attractiveness? For me it varies all the time. Sometimes I feel decently good looking and sometimes almost to the point of ugly. Curious as to what may be considered normal by hearing how others feel.

Word, dawgs.

When I leave the house in the morning, I usually feel really good about the way I look because I wear clothes I love, and I have good grooming habits, and I've been blessed with (dare I say it) some pretty fine genetic material. But my mood can totally fluctuate during the day depending on how I think other people are reacting to me. If I think for some reason that I'm being compared negatively with another woman, then I feel instantly insecure, and I have to rush off to find somewhere to be by myself for a few minutes to try to talk sense into myself. Unless I make myself stop that train of thought, it can completely wreck the present moment for me.

I feel best about my appearance when I'm convinced that it's just one of several things that people I'm spending time with are appreciating about me. And I think I come across as being the most confident when I'm not even remotely thinking about it.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Sometimes I wake up, look into the mirror and think "Dayum girl. Good job waking up looking like that!" .. And sometimes I have those fat days where I notice every bit of weight I've gained, how bad my skin is, my broken nose and weird toes. But with those extremes aside, I tend to think I look decently slightly above average when dressed normally, and that I look pretty decent for a woman when I take the time out to make myself look like one.

Edit: It helps when people compliment me, even though I STILL don't know how to handle compliments other than a blushy thank you or a "Whatever!!". Also, I feel confident when I dress up on my own.. but not so much when I go to a place that requires dressing up.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    But my mood can totally fluctuate during the day depending on how I think other people are reacting to me. If I think for some reason that I'm being compared negatively with another woman, then I feel instantly insecure
    Yes, this is true for me too.

My self image fluctuates a lot. Pretty much what everyone else has said here - sometimes I feel attractive, and sometimes I feel butt ugly. I'm 'ok' with a lot of it now, but some days I'm totally consumed by poor self image, and my confidence is really impacted by it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Yes, this is true for me too.

My self image fluctuates a lot. Pretty much what everyone else has said here - sometimes I feel attractive, and sometimes I feel butt ugly. I'm 'ok' with a lot of it now, but some days I'm totally consumed by poor self image, and my confidence is really impacted by it.
    My confidence suffers greatly when I feel ugly. It's odd, because someone just insulting me won't effect me.. and some stranger telling me this or that won't do it either. but sometimes someone will say things like "If only you had this (where 'this' could be or has been said before to be: makeup on, shorter hair, bigger boobs, a smaller nose, insulin, etc.), you'd be beautiful." and I suddenly feel like a piece of my confidence has partially been stolen.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

My physical self image stays pretty stable. When I look at myself about the only thing I think about is my training goings well or bad or I need a haircut.

Like Frank Zappa said there's more of us ugly "#$%&$".

MBTI
    INFP

For me, it's been difficult to assess through the eyes of anyone else but me. And it's difficult enough at that. Many physical changes.

Childhood
    Adolescence.
    Pregnancy
    Post-pregnancy
    Pregnancy
    Post-pregnancy
    Hard work, hard work
    And now. . .

The great leveler of all female ego - Gravity! It wins every time.

I gave up worrying about it a while ago.

*Looks for old "Frederick's of Hollywood" catalogue.*

Now, if I ever catch another man, I'll just have to remember to keep my clothes on and all will be well. Heh.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer