Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default Scarcity & Social Interaction

Hey guys. Have any of you ever been so starved for social interaction that you tried to rush a new relationship so quickly that the other person got weirded out, or other interesting things took place? I tend to do this all the time after spending mounds of time by myself. And I do it somewhat naturally anyway. I'm pretty quick at finding out whether the other person and I have common ground or not, and I tend to leap at it, hehe. Also, feel free to just go off of the topic itself. I'm too tired to elaborate, but there's other stuff here .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Introvert here... always too busy giving the extrovert daggers for nipping in when I wanted to speak. Rushing in is not usually an option nevermind a problem. Though thinking about it when given the right platform I can go a little headlong....

As for common ground, you are all my experiments. What is this common ground of which you speak?

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Heh, I'm the person that get's weirded out when someone tries to rush me

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    ...yeah...kinda scared to answer this one....

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ...yeah...kinda scared to answer this one....
    Do it !

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    +1
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I actually do something similar. But I know I'd be wierding someone out if I came on too strong and started calling them all the time wanting to do stuff, so I start out by giving them a lot of facebook attention, and then hopefully from there, they'll agree to hang out without me pressuring them.

And I have a few friends who I only see maybe once a month, but when we do hang out, we talk for hours. I dunno, they seem alright with it. They sort of disappear too, so it's not like I'm leaving them hanging.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I like socializing...I've just got this thing where it's just really awkward. :B I like it when others take initiative so I can take some cues and decide how I should handle the person.

My focus is always very broad. I've never rushed a relationship because it's never been my first priority. I don't care if it takes me a year to get to know someone because it's not like my life feels incomplete until it happens. There's so many people and so many things. I'm always occupied. I never worry about it.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Hey guys. Have any of you ever been so starved for social interaction that you tried to rush a new relationship so quickly that the other person got weirded out, or other interesting things took place? I tend to do this all the time after spending mounds of time by myself. And I do it somewhat naturally anyway. I'm pretty quick at finding out whether the other person and I have common ground or not, and I tend to leap at it, hehe. Also, feel free to just go off of the topic itself. I'm too tired to elaborate, but there's other stuff here .
    This is what amazes me about the people I know who are both extroverted and intuitive... often the ENTs.

I tend not to rush social interaction. In fact, it is quite the opposite; I tend to withdraw from it, as I prefer to keep to myself. Honestly, it does freak me out a little bit when people come up to me and immediately want to be friends. Being a strongly introverted INTJ, I tend to push back and push them away.
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily weak people, in other words they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.