• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think about?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Are there any topics or thoughts that you notice your mind continually returns to? What is the nature of these thoughts? Do you like thinking these thoughts, or would you rather think about something else? Do you have any control over these thoughts?

If you consciousness had legs and a lifetime supply of frequent flyer miles where would it go?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
As funny as this sounds, I tend to think back to Magic: The Gathering strategy... from a decade ago. When I drift, I often return to calculating the value of using thawing glaciers to thin my deck, or if running force spike is an effective card considering it's relative useless in the later game. Sometimes I replay the decisions leading to my mistakes in Nationals.

I haven't played in many years...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are there any topics or thoughts that you notice your mind continually returns to? What is the nature of these thoughts? Do you like thinking these thoughts, or would you rather think about something else? Do you have any control over these thoughts?

If you consciousness had legs and a lifetime supply of frequent flyer miles where would it go?

Sex, sexual, yes, not particularly, of course. The very personal vicinity of my SO? ;)

On a slightly more serious note:

I tend to think of (other than sex) travelling through forests and taking adventures in wild, untamed and untouched lands...I think about my weird theories about how the universe is composed and how it functions and how this all might be connected to black holes...I also think about images I'd love to draw/paint and what my life will be like in the future and who I'll be with...I think about the fact that I really am loved by someone amazing and cool. On the negative end of the spectrum, I worry that I don't fit in, that I'll lose the people I care about, that I'll end up being lost and drifting through time and space like a zombie with a lobotomy.

Most of these are exciting or fullfilling in such a way that I feel so positive and happy that I think I might die from so much emotion. My worries tend to be, as one would expect, anxiety-inducing and depressing at times.

More often than not, I don't mind the thoughts going through my head, even the negative ones serve a purpose. It's just when any of these thoughts get overwhelmingly emotional, that I tend to think, "Okay, enough of that now. Feel like I'm going to explode, let's think about something boring for a second...like taxes or people talking about work."

I have better control over the positive thoughts than I do the negative ones. Sometimes I get inundated with too many worries and anxieties, and it tends to lead to some kind of emotional breakdown at the end of the day. I'm getting better at actually putting those concerns to some sort of constructive use, which helps control how many of them pass through my head.

I think my consciouness would frequent the Scottish highlands, various forests, the old temples and hidden places in the world...at any rate, my consciousness would need more than frequent flyer miles, it would need time and space travel miles in addition to many, many vouchers for shape shifting.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm ovulating (TMI?) so sex. All day, all the time.

The rest of the time, I'm thinking all kinds of things. Today on my way home I found myself thinking about this thread. And wondering about first impressions, because the one I had of proteanmix based on her last avatar is woefully different from the one I'd have had based on the current avatar... Which brought me to how I can understand why people think I'm a guy most of the time.

I have what we call in my house a Sparrow Head. Off in all directions based on something I think, see or feel or something shiny. Usually esoteric and abstract.

Lately I've been thinking (and dreaming) about doom and gloom; the end of civilization as we know it.

I think if my consciousness had unlimited frequent flyer miles no one would ever see me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard to narrow it down, my mind goes everywhere... sometimes wonderful things, sometimes very dreadful and grotesque things that I'd be embarrassed to articulate to anyone.

Obviously I am thinking about transition a great deal, and all the details that go along with that -- the practical things, the relational things. I wonder what it would be like to wake up and go through my day as female, and it's a little scary and very much exciting all at once... although I know the reality is that once I was in the pattern, it would eventually become the norm and I wouldn't think much either way about it.

I wonder if my life would improve and I'd feel like I fit in better and have closer relationships with people. I wonder what it would be like to fall in love and be loved as a woman.

I wonder about God, and whether he exists, and what he's actually like, and if there is any way to actually know... and what the reality of spirituality (whatever that reality is) means for me. I wonder how I can bring myself to believe in and serve anything without making at some level a faith commitment... and how to do that with integrity and with conviction.

I wonder about my job and what I should be doing with my life. I also think about maybe not spending so much time thinking about it... and instead just doing it.

I think about the creative things I'd like to finish. The fantasy realms, the music, the drawing, the Photoshop things. I wish I could put something together coherently that would just feel like the perfectly balanced crystalline microcosm, chiming like a pure note in the universe because everything in the composition is "perfect."

I think about flying sometimes. How neat and fun and thrilling that would be to swoop around like a bird and look down on the world from a great height.

I wonder about my kids and who they are now and who they will become and what they might accomplish. What their own kids will be like, if they have any.

I wonder about science and what will be discovered -- the medical procedures that today seem unimaginable, the way things really work (all the mysteries that still exist, and what the answers might be to them). I wonder what lies at the bottom of the deepest ocean trench and the top of the highest edges of the world. I wonder what lies on other planets and on the moon... and if life exists elsewhere that we could communicate with.

I think about climbing Mt. Everest and other high peaks.

I wonder if psychic phenomena is real, and if ghosts actually do exist. (Probably it's all a bunch of malarky, but still fascinating to consider.)

I think about far too much than I should, I suppose, considering all I need to get done today. <eye roll>

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I may idle and daydream, but often think about projects -- those currently underway, those soon to be managed, and even ideas nearly a decade old that are retrieved, considered and then mentally replaced.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Lately I've been thinking (and dreaming) about doom and gloom; the end of civilization as we know it.

^ this is one of my main recurring thoughts

besides apocalyptic stuff, I think about subjects i've read about recently, places i want to go, things i want to do, personal issues, and people i miss. Also quite a bit of self-loathing.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The driving force in my life is this dichotomy between a sense of complete isolation and a craving to connect. It's what drives me artistically, to communicate something personal that another human can find relevant to their own experience. It is also why I think about sexuality much of the time. I think about it from every angle and layer possible. It has the capacity to cut through that isolation like few things can.

Dufresne

MBTI Type
INFP
I often think about addiction in all of its aspects. Not just with drugs, but with everything that makes me happy. I can sometimes get paranoid that eventually I will get used to something and I will start to depend on it.

I also think about whether what I am doing at this moment is the ideal thing to be doing. Instead of posting this reply, would I expand my mind more if I was outside on a bike ride or doing something else?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I worry a lot. Try to figure out how to handle different little and not-so-little problems. I try to think of ways I could bring in money that I would actually do that wouldn't make me miserable or keep me from my primary responsibilities. If I could figure something out maybe Don wouldn't have to be gone so much and be so tired.

I think about how my children will do in life. I think about areas where I
know I'm screwing up and try to figure out low-pain ways to fix things.

I think about the economy and where things are going if they don't change soon and about how we could survive in a second Great Depression.

I think about my friends' problems and wish I could help more and that things would improve for them. I pray a little for them and for my family.

I think about writing, but rarely come up with anything. I think about whatever project I've got going on and projects I'd like to do someday.

I think about what life will be like when the kids are grown. Maybe I will get to spend more time with my husband and maybe we will travel.

I think about putting things in my blog and sometimes I actually do.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lately? Male INTJs, esp. the immature ones.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think about not thinking about them; life's too short.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I think a lot about things that I would rather be doing than whatever it is that I'm doing at the time.

I think a lot about religion, spirituality, God, what can be known, what I don't really believe intellectually and still give my heart over to, and existentialism.

I think a lot about whoever it is who I'm in love with during a given period; in the event that I am not in love, I think a lot about how I wish I were in love.

And I think plenty about sex. Yep.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I'm wondering if my cherry tree really is dead and what killed it.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'm ovulating (TMI?) so sex. All day, all the time.

The rest of the time, I'm thinking all kinds of things. Today on my way home I found myself thinking about this thread. And wondering about first impressions, because the one I had of proteanmix based on her last avatar is woefully different from the one I'd have had based on the current avatar... Which brought me to how I can understand why people think I'm a guy most of the time.

I have what we call in my house a Sparrow Head. Off in all directions based on something I think, see or feel or something shiny. Usually esoteric and abstract.

I think if my consciousness had unlimited frequent flyer miles no one would ever see me.

What did you think about me based on my avatar? It's been sitting on my computer for a while and when I first saw it I thought "Animated!!" Then I thought it was very appropriate for me for some reason. But I also :wubbie: my dancing popcorn.

Back on topic: I think about God and my eternal salvation A LOT. I think about ideal relationships that are in no way realistic. I often wonder if I have the guts to give up my creature comforts and go to Africa for a few years. I've been talked out of that twice, but I think I let people talk me out of it because I'm afraid to go not because of anything else. This leads to other thoughts about what kind of person I am, why am I so complacent, I need to stop talking about it and be about it and it goes all downhill from there.

So to get myself out of that downward spiral I read some celebrity gossip, see a movie, or go whine to my mother which then leads to conversations about my eternal soul. Back at start.

R

RDF

I don't think about much. I'm over 50 and am not going to accomplish much more in life than I've already accomplished. And I achieved most of my adventurous goals when I was younger, so I don't have any projects on the near or far horizon.

So I fill up spare time with puttering, reading, music, TV, and chattering with the wife. I spent a lot of my younger years stuck in my head, trying to anticipate disasters or delve into the nature of things. But these days I've got my niche in life sewn up and nothing's really going to be changed by brooding over things. So I crank up the music and putter around the house instead.

I'm content to live in the moment. If something's bugging me, I go to the gym and work out, or pour a drink and turn on the music and practice a new dance step, or whatever. No need to brood about things. Life is good. Thinking is overrated. :)

FL

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fluffy, snuggly, happy dappy things.

Adventures.

Strange scenarios with my friends in them.

What I'm going to do tomorrow.

Ways to make people happy.

Ways to improve myself.

Who I am as a person and where I stand in this world.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
What did you think about me based on my avatar? It's been sitting on my computer for a while and when I first saw it I thought "Animated!!" Then I thought it was very appropriate for me for some reason. But I also :wubbie: my dancing popcorn.

First avatar made me think "Male" and "sarcastic" - maybe because the last person I knew with that same avatar was a sarcastic male? The new avatar, which I thought were fluffy clouds (!), makes me think 'fluffy' of course and female - and more approachable.

This has made me wonder why people choose their avatars - if they put any great thought into it, and when they do, what's the motivation.

Sometimes I think about Bad Things. Like what if I wasn't paying attention while driving and as a result I didn't notice the suicidal guy in the oncoming lane drive right at me. Or how easy it would be for Frank (11 mo kitten) to trip me on the stairs, making me fall and break something. Or how I better die before my husband because if not, he's never going to go into the basement during a powerfailure (which is probably the real reason he insisted we have a backup generator at our new house).

I think I think too much!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
"Keep running, keep going, near the end now, need a rest..."

Except it never ends. And when it even seems to, I quickly feel bored, then frustrated, then depressed, then I become a major pain in the ass to everyone I know, until I find another unending stream of activity that provides both inner inspiration and external outlets/expressions for it. Or figure out that the last one isn't over yet.

I'm very rarely thinking about what I'm doing. It all just comes automatically. I even sometimes deliberately try not to, like when you suddenly stop to think about breathing, you find you can't do something properly that usually comes naturally. A lot of the time, I'm purposely not thinking anything, so that whatever I come across, I meet with an open mind and can make the most of it.

It's weird - almost everyone I know would say I was a deep, thinking person, and I guess I do 'think' some deep stuff. But most of the time I feel like I'm really just making it up as I go along. I guess I am thinking, I always feel like my brain's on the go, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what I was thinking about. I don't think I even know. It's like it has a um... mind of its own? haha..

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I try to think of more provocative and ultimately, food-for-thought messages to say to the world. I don't care what other people say about my logic, because as far as I'm concerned, my logic is perfect.

I love to indulge in a fantasy realm, and to be most effective at it, I prefer remedial, repetitive work.

I meditate and fantasize about my desires and ideas. Unfortunately, my forced isolation from the world has made me unable to act upon them; I'm not good at producing the steps, just conceptualizing them a little too much...