First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Lately? Male INTJs, esp. the immature ones.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think about not thinking about them; life's too short.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I think a lot about things that I would rather be doing than whatever it is that I'm doing at the time.

I think a lot about religion, spirituality, God, what can be known, what I don't really believe intellectually and still give my heart over to, and existentialism.

I think a lot about whoever it is who I'm in love with during a given period; in the event that I am not in love, I think a lot about how I wish I were in love.

And I think plenty about sex. Yep.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    type

I'm wondering if my cherry tree really is dead and what killed it.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I'm ovulating (TMI?) so sex. All day, all the time.

The rest of the time, I'm thinking all kinds of things. Today on my way home I found myself thinking about this thread. And wondering about first impressions, because the one I had of proteanmix based on her last avatar is woefully different from the one I'd have had based on the current avatar... Which brought me to how I can understand why people think I'm a guy most of the time.

I have what we call in my house a Sparrow Head. Off in all directions based on something I think, see or feel or something shiny. Usually esoteric and abstract.

Lately I've been thinking (and dreaming) about doom and gloom; the end of civilization as we know it.

I think if my consciousness had unlimited frequent flyer miles no one would ever see me.
    What did you think about me based on my avatar? It's been sitting on my computer for a while and when I first saw it I thought "Animated!!" Then I thought it was very appropriate for me for some reason. But I also my dancing popcorn.

Back on topic: I think about God and my eternal salvation A LOT. I think about ideal relationships that are in no way realistic. I often wonder if I have the guts to give up my creature comforts and go to Africa for a few years. I've been talked out of that twice, but I think I let people talk me out of it because I'm afraid to go not because of anything else. This leads to other thoughts about what kind of person I am, why am I so complacent, I need to stop talking about it and be about it and it goes all downhill from there.

So to get myself out of that downward spiral I read some celebrity gossip, see a movie, or go whine to my mother which then leads to conversations about my eternal soul. Back at start.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Are there any topics or thoughts that you notice your mind continually returns to? What is the nature of these thoughts? Do you like thinking these thoughts, or would you rather think about something else? Do you have any control over these thoughts?

If you consciousness had legs and a lifetime supply of frequent flyer miles where would it go?
    I don't think about much. I'm over 50 and am not going to accomplish much more in life than I've already accomplished. And I achieved most of my adventurous goals when I was younger, so I don't have any projects on the near or far horizon.

So I fill up spare time with puttering, reading, music, TV, and chattering with the wife. I spent a lot of my younger years stuck in my head, trying to anticipate disasters or delve into the nature of things. But these days I've got my niche in life sewn up and nothing's really going to be changed by brooding over things. So I crank up the music and putter around the house instead.

I'm content to live in the moment. If something's bugging me, I go to the gym and work out, or pour a drink and turn on the music and practice a new dance step, or whatever. No need to brood about things. Life is good. Thinking is overrated.

FL

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Fluffy, snuggly, happy dappy things.

Adventures.

Strange scenarios with my friends in them.

What I'm going to do tomorrow.

Ways to make people happy.

Ways to improve myself.

Who I am as a person and where I stand in this world.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What did you think about me based on my avatar? It's been sitting on my computer for a while and when I first saw it I thought "Animated!!" Then I thought it was very appropriate for me for some reason. But I also my dancing popcorn.
    First avatar made me think "Male" and "sarcastic" - maybe because the last person I knew with that same avatar was a sarcastic male? The new avatar, which I thought were fluffy clouds (!), makes me think 'fluffy' of course and female - and more approachable.

This has made me wonder why people choose their avatars - if they put any great thought into it, and when they do, what's the motivation.

Sometimes I think about Bad Things. Like what if I wasn't paying attention while driving and as a result I didn't notice the suicidal guy in the oncoming lane drive right at me. Or how easy it would be for Frank (11 mo kitten) to trip me on the stairs, making me fall and break something. Or how I better die before my husband because if not, he's never going to go into the basement during a powerfailure (which is probably the real reason he insisted we have a backup generator at our new house).

I think I think too much!

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENTP

"Keep running, keep going, near the end now, need a rest..."

Except it never ends. And when it even seems to, I quickly feel bored, then frustrated, then depressed, then I become a major pain in the ass to everyone I know, until I find another unending stream of activity that provides both inner inspiration and external outlets/expressions for it. Or figure out that the last one isn't over yet.

I'm very rarely thinking about what I'm doing. It all just comes automatically. I even sometimes deliberately try not to, like when you suddenly stop to think about breathing, you find you can't do something properly that usually comes naturally. A lot of the time, I'm purposely not thinking anything, so that whatever I come across, I meet with an open mind and can make the most of it.

It's weird - almost everyone I know would say I was a deep, thinking person, and I guess I do 'think' some deep stuff. But most of the time I feel like I'm really just making it up as I go along. I guess I am thinking, I always feel like my brain's on the go, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what I was thinking about. I don't think I even know. It's like it has a um... mind of its own? haha..
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I try to think of more provocative and ultimately, food-for-thought messages to say to the world. I don't care what other people say about my logic, because as far as I'm concerned, my logic is perfect.

I love to indulge in a fantasy realm, and to be most effective at it, I prefer remedial, repetitive work.

I meditate and fantasize about my desires and ideas. Unfortunately, my forced isolation from the world has made me unable to act upon them; I'm not good at producing the steps, just conceptualizing them a little too much...