User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    It wasn't directed at you, but at the OP. However, thank you for the example!
    No problem, and thanks for clarifying.
    This world is mine - in time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My IQ is whatever Lucifer's is plus five, and I'm super patient to boot. Not saying I'm smart.
    I'm just impressed that the testing center had enough historical scores within the 190 IQ range (in mathematics, no less) to make a specific numerical determination of 192 and not, say...195 or 190.

That's impressive.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I'm interested too.

Especially for the ultra-high scorers, as the traditional Weschler (most commonly used test) ceilings at around 160 (with vast degradation over 130...).

It's statistically...impressive...that our little nook has attracted such brilliance.
    Not that unusual... doesn't really matter where you go, you always end up with a lot of high IQ people. They are just that common

I have yet to meet anyone (in a social situation) who has taken a formal WAIS or KAIT test, especially as an adult. It's typically quite expensive and not really requested for any reason other than mensa or similar.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Not that unusual... doesn't really matter where you go, you always end up with a lot of high IQ people. They are just that common

I have yet to meet anyone (in a social situation) who has taken a formal WAIS or KAIT test, especially as an adult. It's typically quite expensive and not really requested for any reason other than mensa or similar.
    I don't know 'bout none of that. All I know is OKCupid told me I had an IQ of 140. Nothing else really matters!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ

^^
    This world is mine - in time.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm just impressed that the testing center had enough historical scores within the 190 IQ range (in mathematics, no less) to make a specific numerical determination of 192 and not, say...195 or 190.

That's impressive.
    Well, surely it's clear that all.. uhh... 5? people in the world that would have 190ish live in the same area, yeesh

(FWIW, some of the less validated tests will skew up age scores, so it's possible that 160/similar would be skewed up that high. Kind of defeats the whole meaning of the score, eh?)

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't know 'bout none of that. All I know is OKCupid told me I had an IQ of 140. Nothing else really matters!
    Damn straight!

But the big question is, do you look down on those that aren't high-cupid scorers?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm interested too.

Especially for the ultra-high scorers, as the traditional Weschler (most commonly used test) ceilings at around 160 (with vast degradation over 130...).

It's statistically...impressive...that our little nook has attracted such brilliance.
    Yeah, it seems like BS (and kind of is, in my case). The IQ I posted was from some test given to me by some school when I was little. I don't remember the name or what it was because I was like five years old (convenient, right?), so take my results with a HUGE grain of salt (although I looked at SAT and GRE to IQ conversion tables a while ago, and my scores put me in the range of 147, though I know Mensa doesn't accept those anymore since 2001). When I was ten or so, I did take one of the Stanford-Binet tests (stanford-binet 5, I think? I don't know) for another private school, and I got a 137. So to be more honest, that's my most recent score on one of the standard scales from an accepted test.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Oh - Orangey, I wasn't referring to you.

There was an outlandish score mentioned earlier; several sigmas above Mensa level.

FWIW, you seem highly intelligent. Whether that means you have a high IQ is somewhat incidental.

MBTI
    INTP

Haha yeah. I'm assuming most people are basing their scores on earlier IQ tests that allowed for differentiated curriculums( gifted classes, grade skipping..etc).

In terms of my IQ I don't know that I could produce a number, but I know I always did well on the group tests that could correlate with IQs. Percentiles in the 90's in comprehension and math and also a couple of Chronological grades above average, I was always especially good at the comprehension part but I assume that was somewhat biased since I read far more than I should have when I was a little kid.

Regardless past a certain point I don't think it really matters except for E-bragging rights. I think some posters generally had good intentions though in their posts and the thread shouldn't devolve into another IQ raising, S bashing NT bragging battle. I think personally that being in the backseat of a conversation and just being able to flow and discuss with out frequent intermissions to back up and explain multiple times from multiple perspective is what Terian meant by patience. I think we can all agree that some people will generally not listen or reason unless you just so happen to tailor whatever your saying to there SPECIFIC unadaptable opinions and understanding.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

i'd say i have an average amount of patience...but it depends on the situation.

iq, dont know.
    i dont trust online tests (seems like everyone scores way above average on those), and they wouldn't tell me the results of the one i got pulled outta class in 1st grade to take. i'm assuming it wasn't low, for the sake of my ego.

MASTER OF APATHY AND PURPLE SIGNATURES