User Tag List

First 10181920

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

For me, these two things seem to be unrelated. In the past I've scored from 145-160 in IQ tests. I don't consider myself to be atypically intelligent or whatever, and I certainly don't consciously "dumb myself down" to communicate with other people, because it is not in my nature to speak using eloquent words and complex language in situations where it is unnecessary. I don't personally consider IQ tests to be a useful indicator of anything, except perhaps adaptability. I am always patient with people who have good intentions.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Is an unpretentious intelligent person an intellectual?
    Being an intellectual doesn't necessitate pretentious behavior, but it can definitely point someone in that direction.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    So, I'm a smart person (I've tested everywhere from 130-141), and very impatient to boot. I find myself speaking down to most people, and when I don't dumb down my speech, they often misunderstand me. This leads to me being rather bigoted against people of average intelligence or below (they become boring too quickly and I just want to move on).

So, I was wondering, how many of you have this same problem? What's your IQ?
    IQ is not about intelligence.
    Nor it is about patience.

It is about old money.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

It is about old money.
    Excruciatingly well put.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

<has an outburst> Ah, who gives a fart, anyway???

Eh, sorry, had to say it.

Why are people so flipping obsessed with being bright or not??? Hell, I prefer to be underestimated. Then people don't demand so goddamn much, and when you actually *do* say something intelligent, people just stare and think, "Holy shit! That came from *her*??? Goddamn, she *can* be smart when she wants to be!!!!"

Versus claiming extreme intelligence, in which case everyone tries to tear you down because they are jealous, or have complexes, (or you have the complexes because you can't stand the thought of being normal), in which case people only say, "Pfft, she thinks she's so smart - sometimes she can be a total dumbass." "Yeah, no shit, she acts like a retard half the time!!!"

So, hmmmmmmm, let me think for a second - which one would I rather have happen??? That's right folks, the first.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Meh. Everyone has some maladaptive trait (especially at 22) that's leftover from childhood. That doesn't mean everyone is childish. This is a real issue that some people still deal with, and just saying "try harder" or "discipline yourself" isn't necessarily helpful to hear. It's not like he hasn't thought of that before.
    Mayhap he hasn't. Maybe everyone just sympathized him, agreed with him, or just got pissed instead of trying to give possibilities. I don't *know* him, who he is, or what he's been through. It seemed the sentiments were plenty, as were the pissed off people.. so I thought I'd cover a different base.

I know "Try harder" doesn't work in and of itself. But sometimes, to hear why you need to try harder and why you might need to discipline yourself, does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I would think it doesn't hurt to know it's not the rest of the world which is going to change. And if one's attitude grates on people, and one doesn't like the reception one gets, one may try to adapt to one's surroundings.
    Right. It seems he's incapable of adapting to the world around him.. How are we to know if he's aware of this or not? Since it seemed he wasn't the way he posted.

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    For me, these two things seem to be unrelated. In the past I've scored from 145-160 in IQ tests. I don't consider myself to be atypically intelligent or whatever, and I certainly don't consciously "dumb myself down" to communicate with other people, because it is not in my nature to speak using eloquent words and complex language in situations where it is unnecessary. I don't personally consider IQ tests to be a useful indicator of anything, except perhaps adaptability. I am always patient with people who have good intentions.
    Well stated. I feel the same way.. Even if someone's meaning is lost in their attempts, I can usually pick it up where they left off and complete the thought, and together make it something tangible and worth while. I don't think he's ever had the pleasure of doing this, the negative and bitter way he feels about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

It is about old money.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    <has an outburst> Ah, who gives a fart, anyway???

Eh, sorry, had to say it.

Why are people so flipping obsessed with being bright or not??? Hell, I prefer to be underestimated. Then people don't demand so goddamn much, and when you actually *do* say something intelligent, people just stare and think, "Holy shit! That came from *her*??? Goddamn, she *can* be smart when she wants to be!!!!"

Versus claiming extreme intelligence, in which case everyone tries to tear you down because they are jealous, or have complexes, (or you have the complexes because you can't stand the thought of being normal), in which case people only say, "Pfft, she thinks she's so smart - sometimes she can be a total dumbass." "Yeah, no shit, she acts like a retard half the time!!!"

So, hmmmmmmm, let me think for a second - which one would I rather have happen??? That's right folks, the first.
    Feel better now sweets? Right. I'm not anyone of above average intelligence. I'm pretty normal in school, work, and just about anything else in life.. I reserve my need to achieve more for those things that exceed my everyday lifestyle.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge