User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    Sorry- it's more like telling a woman that she's immature for being upset about being raped. She has every right to be frustrated.
    Actually, it's more like a hyperactive woman blaming being hyperactice on being a woman.

See, just replace the words;

Actually, it's more like a high IQer blaming being impatient on being a high IQer.

Tada!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

And that is insulting. It's similar to telling a woman that it's her fault for being raped.
    Impatience, a problem within yourself that (much like ADD or ADHD, I know from personal experience) can be managed. There's no cure for impatience, but it can be managed. That comes from looking within yourself for ways to cope with your need to make things go faster. Children want things now and immediately, which is impatience. Most people gain a lot of it as they age and grasp experience and wisdom.. but some never grow out of their impatience naturally, in which case you need to look into yourself for relief. No one can cure your impatience, only pity you for having it.

Rape, an physical act forced upon another victim.. I cannot believe you claim yourself intelligent and made that connection somehow. To compare your minor problem with a terrible life-altering attack like rape.. it's narcissistic of you. Not to mention disgusting.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What? You cannot be remotely serious.
    you read him all wrong I think he meant similar to being a DRAMA queen. THAT I can agree with.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Sorry- it's more like telling a woman that she's immature for being upset about being raped. She has every right to be frustrated.
    Yeah, not really tho, actually.

Intelligence isn't a crime, doesn't necessarily make you a victim, and is potentially even an asset. There's a downside to everything of course. Less some things than others.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    you read him all wrong I think he meant similar to being a DRAMA queen. THAT I can agree with.
    If he meant that, I'm sure he would have said that. Being a drama queen is not at all connected to being frustrated (an understatement) about being raped.

Oy. I have to edit: I meant this not to sound sarcastic toward you. I too cannot stand the everyday drama queen bullshit females have a tendacy to do.. but it's comparing that to something entirely different and off topic.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

And that is insulting. It's similar to telling a woman that it's her fault for being raped.
    This is a bullshit statement.

Way to utterly miss the point.

MBTI
    INTP

Lol. I conveniently discarded the rape analogy and replaced it with my own.

"And that is insulting. It's similar to being a Drama queen."

I think it reads much better that way.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Lol. I conveniently discarded the rape analogy and replaced it with my own.

"And that is insulting. It's similar to being a Drama queen."

I think it reads much better that way.
    Lol! In that case, read on ^_^b

MBTI
    NeTi

Wow. A lot of you guys are assholes.

I'm not going to take any more crap from you people.

There is only a great minority of you that are constructive, wise, and capable of giving someone else the benefit of the doubt. The problem is that everyone else ascribes to having those same traits.

Kyuuei, I know you're trying your best to understand, but you're still missing it. I think your heart's in the right place, but lack of experience in this issue leads to lack of understanding (just as nobody but a rape victim can understand what she's been through). You're an intelligent and charismatic person, and I give you kudos on trying to relate to me, but very little of what you said applies (however, you have made great progress since your initial post).

Aimahn- you're an asshole.

Jack Flak, open your mind a little and exercise a little of that Extroverted iNtuition.

Night- Way to utterly ignore my corrected post and the point I was trying to make.

ptgatsby- I have nothing to say that would make any difference.

(And here come the comments regarding my immaturity, lack of intelligence, etc.

Goodbye, people. I really doubt I'll want to converse with most of you again. I do like ThatGirl and Uber, though. Oh well.)
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You're definitely right about one thing: I'm not totally capable of understanding what you're going through. I have the ability to slow myself down for others and adjust to whatever level of patience I need (for the most part. No one's perfect on these matters and I am still young). I wasn't when I was younger, but experience is what has taught me otherwise. You miss out on too much when you're impatient.

I also feel you still do not acknowledge the root of what I am trying to say. I feel it absolutely applies.. since I'm sure you'd rather answers and objective criticism instead of simple sympathies (which aren't a bad thing in and of themselves either.) I feel we'll just agree to disagree on this.