User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 196

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Victor, I think there is a point to the intelligence quotient demographics. If I were to walk out the door and talk to ten people, I would be less impressed by their obvious intellect than spending some time on the average message board, and especially one built around a mental construct such as MBTI.

    I would estimate that very few here inhabit the far side of the curve.

  2. #152
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    I don't fancy this topic a lot, perhaps because I've seen a decline in both IQ and my interest in it. Anyways, about 142 IQ with standard deviation of 15, or about 161 with stdev of 24.

    I've been extremely impatient, and learned not to expect much from people. I'm still often impatient for having to wait people, having to wait their responses.. and overall, having to talk to relatively uneducated people about a academic subject. Folk logic makes me sick; it's an eternal trap for those who can't maintain a valid system theory.

    Lately, my impatience have surfaced mostly because of difference in I-E spectrum; I've given people some slack, and I don't expect them to understand much of anything, or to be very educated on mostly anything outside their profession. I haven't totally closed out strong Is from my life, though - my girlfriend is one relatively strong I - so I'm getting impatient more because of high E now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #153
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Victor, I think there is a point to the intelligence quotient demographics. If I were to walk out the door and talk to ten people, I would be less impressed by their obvious intellect than spending some time on the average message board, and especially one built around a mental construct such as MBTI.

    I would estimate that very few here inhabit the far side of the curve.
    Well, I've done my best. I've thrown doubt around like bags of feathers. I've called on heaven and hell. But I have fooled no one.

    You have seen right through me. You devils! You know, "The Far Side", is nothing but a comic strip.

    I tried to fool you with a last throw of the dice - no, I didn't consult Ms Palin - I put on my last attempt at a comic turn - but no one laughed.

    Not even a giggle.

    That's why we need Affirmative Action for the subies, for the non compos - for simple balance and common decency.

    We need, we definitely need, people who will laugh at my jokes and never think of proving me wrong.

    Trust no one over thirty? No, trust no one over 85.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    LOL

  5. #155
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, I've done my best. I've thrown doubt around like bags of feathers. I've called on heaven and hell. But I have fooled no one.

    You have seen right through me. You devils! You know, "The Far Side", is nothing but a comic strip.

    I tried to fool you with a last throw of the dice - no, I didn't consult Ms Palin - I put on my last attempt at a comic turn - but no one laughed.

    Not even a giggle.

    That's why we need Affirmative Action for the subies, for the non compos - for simple balance and common decency.

    We need, we definitely need, people who will laugh at my jokes and never think of proving me wrong.

    Trust no one over thirty? No, trust no one over 85.
    Verrueckt
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #156
    Senior Member gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Well, my IQ is about 145, but I don't really trust it. IQ is based mostly on mathematical reasoning and other concrete areas of intelligence, which only makes up part of what real, complete intelligence actually is.

    For instance, I know many very analytical people who have absolutely no sense nor ability to apply what they learn to a broader scope beyond their field of study.

    So basically, I'd say that anyone can know any amount of technical reasoning skills, but there is always more to gain by being patient enough to see from a different perspective. The inability to do so may be a sign that, while they may be very intelligent, they still have a lot to learn in an area they may have not yet considered.

  7. #157
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Well, my IQ is about 145, but I don't really trust it. IQ is based mostly on mathematical reasoning and other concrete areas of intelligence, which only makes up part of what real, complete intelligence actually is.

    For instance, I know many very analytical people who have absolutely no sense nor ability to apply what they learn to a broader scope beyond their field of study.

    So basically, I'd say that anyone can know any amount of technical reasoning skills, but there is always more to gain by being patient enough to see from a different perspective. The inability to do so may be a sign that, while they may be very intelligent, they still have a lot to learn in an area they may have not yet considered.
    Very well said. I definitely feel the same, that impatience is a lack of wisdom and experience, even though it is not necessarily a lack of intelligence. It's a childish way of being, and many adults have this quality. Rather than accepting it for the way it is, or attempting to change themselves (I am a firm believer that you can only truly force changes and actions through yourself.).. they simply look over those that require patience and seek the escape and sympathies of like-minded people. Much the way children do.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  8. #158
    Senior Member Terian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Very well said. I definitely feel the same, that impatience is a lack of wisdom and experience, even though it is not necessarily a lack of intelligence. It's a childish way of being, and many adults have this quality. Rather than accepting it for the way it is, or attempting to change themselves (I am a firm believer that you can only truly force changes and actions through yourself.).. they simply look over those that require patience and seek the escape and sympathies of like-minded people. Much the way children do.
    And that is insulting. It's similar to telling a woman that it's her fault for being raped.
    The enemy's gate is down.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    And that is insulting. It's similar to telling a woman that it's her fault for being raped.
    What? You cannot be remotely serious.

  10. #160
    Senior Member Terian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What? You cannot be remotely serious.
    Sorry- it's more like telling a woman that she's immature for being upset about being raped. She has every right to be frustrated.
    The enemy's gate is down.

Similar Threads

  1. IQ and communication
    By Risen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
  2. Link Found Between Low IQ and Big Belly
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 12:43 PM
  3. EQ, IQ and PQ help needed!
    By fraserdog in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
  4. IQ and GQ and the Genius of the Rice Plant
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
  5. IQ and aging - personal, conflicting thoughts
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 01:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO