User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Victor, I think there is a point to the intelligence quotient demographics. If I were to walk out the door and talk to ten people, I would be less impressed by their obvious intellect than spending some time on the average message board, and especially one built around a mental construct such as MBTI.

I would estimate that very few here inhabit the far side of the curve.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't fancy this topic a lot, perhaps because I've seen a decline in both IQ and my interest in it. Anyways, about 142 IQ with standard deviation of 15, or about 161 with stdev of 24.

I've been extremely impatient, and learned not to expect much from people. I'm still often impatient for having to wait people, having to wait their responses.. and overall, having to talk to relatively uneducated people about a academic subject. Folk logic makes me sick; it's an eternal trap for those who can't maintain a valid system theory.

Lately, my impatience have surfaced mostly because of difference in I-E spectrum; I've given people some slack, and I don't expect them to understand much of anything, or to be very educated on mostly anything outside their profession. I haven't totally closed out strong Is from my life, though - my girlfriend is one relatively strong I - so I'm getting impatient more because of high E now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Victor, I think there is a point to the intelligence quotient demographics. If I were to walk out the door and talk to ten people, I would be less impressed by their obvious intellect than spending some time on the average message board, and especially one built around a mental construct such as MBTI.

I would estimate that very few here inhabit the far side of the curve.
    Well, I've done my best. I've thrown doubt around like bags of feathers. I've called on heaven and hell. But I have fooled no one.

You have seen right through me. You devils! You know, "The Far Side", is nothing but a comic strip.

I tried to fool you with a last throw of the dice - no, I didn't consult Ms Palin - I put on my last attempt at a comic turn - but no one laughed.

Not even a giggle.

That's why we need Affirmative Action for the subies, for the non compos - for simple balance and common decency.

We need, we definitely need, people who will laugh at my jokes and never think of proving me wrong.

Trust no one over thirty? No, trust no one over 85.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

LOL

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, I've done my best. I've thrown doubt around like bags of feathers. I've called on heaven and hell. But I have fooled no one.

You have seen right through me. You devils! You know, "The Far Side", is nothing but a comic strip.

I tried to fool you with a last throw of the dice - no, I didn't consult Ms Palin - I put on my last attempt at a comic turn - but no one laughed.

Not even a giggle.

That's why we need Affirmative Action for the subies, for the non compos - for simple balance and common decency.

We need, we definitely need, people who will laugh at my jokes and never think of proving me wrong.

Trust no one over thirty? No, trust no one over 85.
    Verrueckt
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Well, my IQ is about 145, but I don't really trust it. IQ is based mostly on mathematical reasoning and other concrete areas of intelligence, which only makes up part of what real, complete intelligence actually is.

For instance, I know many very analytical people who have absolutely no sense nor ability to apply what they learn to a broader scope beyond their field of study.

So basically, I'd say that anyone can know any amount of technical reasoning skills, but there is always more to gain by being patient enough to see from a different perspective. The inability to do so may be a sign that, while they may be very intelligent, they still have a lot to learn in an area they may have not yet considered.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Well, my IQ is about 145, but I don't really trust it. IQ is based mostly on mathematical reasoning and other concrete areas of intelligence, which only makes up part of what real, complete intelligence actually is.

For instance, I know many very analytical people who have absolutely no sense nor ability to apply what they learn to a broader scope beyond their field of study.

So basically, I'd say that anyone can know any amount of technical reasoning skills, but there is always more to gain by being patient enough to see from a different perspective. The inability to do so may be a sign that, while they may be very intelligent, they still have a lot to learn in an area they may have not yet considered.
    Very well said. I definitely feel the same, that impatience is a lack of wisdom and experience, even though it is not necessarily a lack of intelligence. It's a childish way of being, and many adults have this quality. Rather than accepting it for the way it is, or attempting to change themselves (I am a firm believer that you can only truly force changes and actions through yourself.).. they simply look over those that require patience and seek the escape and sympathies of like-minded people. Much the way children do.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Very well said. I definitely feel the same, that impatience is a lack of wisdom and experience, even though it is not necessarily a lack of intelligence. It's a childish way of being, and many adults have this quality. Rather than accepting it for the way it is, or attempting to change themselves (I am a firm believer that you can only truly force changes and actions through yourself.).. they simply look over those that require patience and seek the escape and sympathies of like-minded people. Much the way children do.
    And that is insulting. It's similar to telling a woman that it's her fault for being raped.
    The enemy's gate is down.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    And that is insulting. It's similar to telling a woman that it's her fault for being raped.
    What? You cannot be remotely serious.

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What? You cannot be remotely serious.
    Sorry- it's more like telling a woman that she's immature for being upset about being raped. She has every right to be frustrated.
    The enemy's gate is down.