User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 196

  1. #141
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    ...
    ... virtually everyone here is between 90 and 110.
    How can you say that when several people in this thread said their IQ was at 130 or higher?

  2. #142
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Most of the people here are abnormal, in my opinion.
    Maybe you are right. But where there are abnormal people, there are subnormal people. And usually they are 50:50.

    In fact half of us are abnormal and half are subnormal.

    But we all cluster in the middle round 90:110.

    But of course we are playing musical chairs and no one wants to be subnormal, so we all rush for the abnormal chairs.

    And the irony is that, almost every last one of us, is normal.

  3. #143
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    How can you say that when several people in this thread said their IQ was at 130 or higher?
    I know they say their IQs are 130+ but not one of them has paid to be tested by a qualified, professional psychometrician.

    But an IQ is an average so if I put my money on the average, I am more likely to back a winner.

    Let's face it, in a free market economy, your first job is to sell yourself. Your first job is to turn yourself into an object - a desirable object.

    So what is more desirable, the subnormal or the gifted?

    So far the bids are 130+, but no non compos mentis.

    So remember the rule of the free market - caveat emptor.

  4. #144
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This means that virtually everyone here is between 90 and 110.
    IQ has a SD of 15 - 90-100 does not include virutally everyone even in the general population.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure, MBTIc is self selecting. And pehaps it selects for IQ.
    It does. It is likely that the range of IQs on MBTIc is between 100 and 140, with a few outliers above that.

  5. #145
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    IQ has a SD of 15 - 90-100 does not include virutally everyone even in the general population.

    It does. It is likely that the range of IQs on MBTIc is between 100 and 140, with a few outliers above that.
    There is no way to know unless a psychometric survey of members is taken.

    But there is reason to be skeptical as it is more flattering to be between 100:140 than to be between 60:100.

    Look, we have members not so shyly admitting to 140 but not one member even shyly admitting to 60.

    So would you be prepared to put your money on flattery or back 75:115 ?

  6. #146
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But there is reason to be skeptical as it is more flattering to be between 100:140 than to be between 60:100.
    No, that is not a reason to be skeptical. The degree of flattering-ness is meaningless.

    Look, we have members not so shyly admitting to 140 but not one member even shyly admitting to 60.

    So would you be prepared to put your money on flattery or back 75:115 ?
    No. There are three major factors on why I state that range.

    1) The ability to use a computer/post/etc sets a floor
    2) The dominance of Ns sets a smaller range for IQs
    3) The topics of interest are not those normally used by below-average IQs.


    The range I stated is likely correct (120, SD ~7-9, skewed right).

  7. #147
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    No, that is not a reason to be skeptical. The degree of flattering-ness is meaningless.



    No. There are three major factors on why I state that range.

    1) The ability to use a computer/post/etc sets a floor
    2) The dominance of Ns sets a smaller range for IQs
    3) The topics of interest are not those normally used by below-average IQs.


    The range I stated is likely correct (120, SD ~7-9, skewed right).
    Perhaps you are right.

    But I confess a certain affection for the non compos but here I am surrounded by the bright and the gifted.

    Will heaven be like this, do you think? Will we be surrounded by the bright and the gifted while the non compos are hidden away, tucked away, down below - just like the mad women in the attic.

    Is MBTIc a taste of heaven? Sometimes I think it is.

  8. #148
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    ...
    Will heaven be like this, do you think? Will we be surrounded by the bright and the gifted while the non compos are hidden away, tucked away, down below - just like the mad women in the attic.

    Is MBTIc a taste of heaven? Sometimes I think it is.
    Surely you jest.

  9. #149
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The average intelligence quotient is 100. This means that half of all people are above 100 and half below.

    Also the intelligence quotient is distributed along a bell curve which means almost everybody is in the middle and almost no one is at either end.

    This means that virtually everyone here is between 90 and 110.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure, MBTIc is self selecting. And pehaps it selects for IQ.

    However MBTI is a world wide cult so it is more likely to select for gullibility.

    But, I can hear you saying that gullibility does not preclude a high IQ.

    And this is true - as the best and brightest are often attracted to cults.

    So perhaps you are right. Maybe MBTIc does select for gullibility and intelligence.

    But I think it is more likely that we have a normal intelligence profile on MBTIc, that is, 90 to 110.

    But who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There is no way to know unless a psychometric survey of members is taken.

    But there is reason to be skeptical as it is more flattering to be between 100:140 than to be between 60:100.

    Look, we have members not so shyly admitting to 140 but not one member even shyly admitting to 60.

    So would you be prepared to put your money on flattery or back 75:115 ?

    the very fact people here are on a computer kind of leans towards everyone here being at least of HS graduate level. (most people here will be above 100 regardless of your statistical analysis *check*).

    i would say a majority of people here are capable of graduating college (that moves up most people here to having a floor of 115 *check*)

    all of the above would be true even if this was just some random other topic on a message board with college grad type people...so now throw in that it is full of intuits and its not the least bit ridiculous to think the avg could be 130 + or - a deviation of 10.

    something tells me you forgot about hidden variables that affect the population. life is not a completely random sample.

  10. #150
    Member booya moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    My IQ was rated at about 160, with my highest area being mathematics at 192 and my lowest being 96 in memory.
    AvereX, you were right after all! Here is a proof!

Similar Threads

  1. IQ and communication
    By Risen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 06:09 PM
  2. Link Found Between Low IQ and Big Belly
    By Mal12345 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 12:43 PM
  3. EQ, IQ and PQ help needed!
    By fraserdog in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
  4. IQ and GQ and the Genius of the Rice Plant
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
  5. IQ and aging - personal, conflicting thoughts
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 01:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO