User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Well, to save the re-quoting of everything over and over again... I'm unable to grasp what you're trying to do here.

There is no solution for your problem.
    Sigh. I've already said that I'm not trying to solve a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    To ask that people just start understanding, and form a higher intellect, and start to do some of what you've been blessed with for you, it is impossible. The only thing you CAN do is have an escape. Take a step back so you don't burn out. I'm sure there are plenty of people, as evident from the posts, that share your problem.
    And that was the underlining purpose of the thread.
    The enemy's gate is down.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Terian View Post
    ...Imagine having to restrict yourself from communicating on the level that you desire hundreds- thousands- of times each day, week, month. After a while it claws at you with numb and bitter frustration.
    Join the club, toots.

I don't have that ability to predict what people are going to do 5 steps from now, nor would I even want to. Too much thinking going on. I don't even CARE what people are going to do. What does it matter?

I experience a similar frustration but in a different vein. I can almost never find someone who is willing to communicate to the depth of soul that I would like to. Not only that, but my own children and husband roll their eyes at me, or yell at me and tell me to stop when I start getting frustrated about how nobody cares about things I think are important, so I have to endure the rejection in my own home!

btw: I'm not sure what my IQ is but I thought it was around 125-130.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Does IQ connect with speed in solving problems? If so, it might have a correlation with impatience. But IQ => Intelligence is incorrect in my opinion. Some really intelligent processes are very slow. I personally like everything NOW, lol. But I don't know my IQ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Terian. Here. I stole this from Metamorphosis' signature:
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. - Henry David Thoreau
    You're not alone.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

*Scroll down for short answer to post*

IQ: Of course I wonder about the validity of most of these tests found online (and at your local psychologist), but could it be that, in general, the type of people on the internet are more likely to score higher than average?
    Again, not saying that these tests should be considered valid or even reasonably accurate (even with professional IQ tests, can they be?), but for example, I know of people who have had lower scores on online tests than the ones they received on the professional ones they had done.

*Short Answer*

That said, my scores are in the 130-145 range. I am usually not impatient.

Additional Comments:

Lack of impatience is probably because I have a hard time expressing myself with my anxiety (going blank when trying to answer a simple question is a crushing experience for me). Because of that, "smart" people can easily dismiss me as an idiot, or "dumb down" to me with a sort of condescending pseudo-compassion. Dealing with situations like this has made me so much more aware of other people's individuality.

I really think there is so much more to a person than what you immediately perceive them to be (whether they are smart or not). The real challenge is looking past your own assumptions and impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm not sure what my IQ is but I thought it was around 125-130.
    The average intelligence quotient is 100. This means that half of all people are above 100 and half below.

Also the intelligence quotient is distributed along a bell curve which means almost everybody is in the middle and almost no one is at either end.

This means that virtually everyone here is between 90 and 110.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The average intelligence quotient is 100. This means that half of all people are above 100 and half below.

Also the intelligence quotient is distributed along a bell curve which means almost everybody is in the middle and almost no one is at either end.

This means that virtually everyone here is between 90 and 110.
    Not necessarily. People of the same disposition tend to concentrate in one area. People like to congregate with their own kind, capiche?

Default 90 to 110

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Not necessarily. People of the same disposition tend to concentrate in one area. People like to congregate with their own kind, capiche?
    Sure, MBTIc is self selecting. And pehaps it selects for IQ.

However MBTI is a world wide cult so it is more likely to select for gullibility.

But, I can hear you saying that gullibility does not preclude a high IQ.

And this is true - as the best and brightest are often attracted to cults.

So perhaps you are right. Maybe MBTIc does select for gullibility and intelligence.

But I think it is more likely that we have a normal intelligence profile on MBTIc, that is, 90 to 110.

But who knows?

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

It has been said somewhere (can't remember source) that most mensans are NTs, so it could very well be...at least partially.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But I think it is more likely that we have a normal intelligence profile on MBTIc, that is, 90 to 110.
    I don't think so.
    Most of the people here are abnormal, in my opinion.