• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drowned in Pleasure

Mole

Permabanned
The universal Turing machine, YouTube ,gives free rein to all the senses, and I have taken advantage of this to explore my proprioceptive sense, Proprioception - Wikipedia

I turn on my universal Turing machine, I open YouTube and music with Schubert. And I begin my isometric dancing, Isometric Training: What It Is and How to Do It Correctly | Breaking Muscle , lying in a strong supportive chair.

I use all my muscles at the same time in beat with the music. Also I use my central nervous system and my peripheral nervous system and I consciously use my brain. I dance for three or four hours and pass through three stages: first I warm up, then I get my second wind, then I get runner's (dancer's) high as my brain is flooded with endorphins, an endogenous narcotic.

At this point I consciously experience complete pleasure, I feel I am pleasantly drowning in pleasure. I do this three times a week.

I am using this exercise to change my life, I am choosing a life drowned in pleasure.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:thumbup: Find the things in life that bring you joy brother.

Mole

Permabanned
:thumbup: Find the things in life that bring you joy brother.

This seems to be advice for those without joy in their lives. Those with joy have no need to look for joy because they have already found it.

Mole

Permabanned
Of course typology central is not the place to come to share pleasure, almost everyone here is unhappy, and misery loves company.

In fact misery has been formalised into victimhood, and organised into identity politics, and therapy. Drowning in pleasure is so outré, it seems ridiculous.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP reminds me of the sensations I feel doing cardio on my stationary bike, daily (when I can). And the strengthening exercises afterward. Endorphin rush, existing in the present. Singing does that for me, too, though it doesn't feel quite as acutely physical. Still, joyous, infinite. In tune with myself.

Dance on, [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION].

There's happiness to be found in movement. It can be found here, as well. If you know where to look, you may be surprised to find it everywhere.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To this one idea, pleasure is one of three kind of happinesses we need, but alone is not enough. The other two are needed, each of us has some of each of the three in our lives. We just need all 3 of them to live a fulfilling life.

I need to find what the other two are haha

Mole

Permabanned
It is the regularity of my dancing pleasure I like, three times a week. And I like the substantial nature of my dancing, three or four hours at a time. And very important is the recovery period every second day where I internalise what I have learnt the previous day. But interestingly I most like the intellectual side, the isometrics, and the way such sustained pleasure is changing my perceptions.

And sharing this with you, gives it a solid social dimension, even at the risk of my own vulnerability.