First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders correlate with INTP and INTJ. Both "personality disorders" have also been speculated to be mild forms of schizophrenia.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I disagree with the astrological types. They are not grouped coherently. The site is therefore of little relevance.

MBTI
    INFP

I didn't say it was an accurate set of correlations, just supplied it.

It's all bullshit. Type, astrology, enneagram. Pick your fantasy and apply as needed.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Well I don't find MBTI to be "bullshit" simply because it is made in a fool proof fashion. Gives a spectrum with two clearly opposing preferences and then maps you on it.. I don't even see how something like that could be considered bs.

Deciding that your four letter combination is you and deciding to conform to its descriptions totally -is- BS though.

MBTI
    INFP

According to here
    Oldham's Personality Styles

Antisocial
    ESTP, ISTP

Sadistic
    ESTJ, ENTJ

Cyclothymic
    ESFP, ISFP

Obsessive-Compulsive
    ISTJ, ESTJ

Dependent
    ISFJ, ESFJ

Histrionic
    ESFJ, ESFP

Schizotypal
    INTJ, INTP

Compensatory Narcissistic
    ENFP, ENTP

Passive-Agressive
    ISTP, INTP

Borderline
    ESFP, ENFP

Narcissistic
    ESTP, ENTP

Self-Defeating (Masochistic)
    ESFJ, ENFJ

Avoidant
    INFJ, INFP

Depressive
    ISTJ, ISFJ

Schizoid
    ISTJ, INTJ

Paranoid
    ENTJ, INTJ

Research it, take what you want from it

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
    It's a tough one to call, since mental illness can influence personality so it's difficult to tell which comes first, methinks. I've found INTJ's I've known very prone to depression - I think it's partly thinking about things deeply and often holding themselves to high standards, and perhaps being fairly insular people often anyway so not finding solace in others. Females are much more prone to get depressed, part of that is physiological but I think an element there is that you get a lot more female F's and I imagine F's are more prone to depression.

I read an article once which said INFP's are the most likely to get depressed. When I was studying psychology though I remember reading a study which suggested S's are more likely than N's to get clinical depression, which surprised me.
    Strawberryfields that makes sense to me. I think anger has a lot to do with depression. From what I've read on the topic of depression I believe that too much internalised anger = depression. I think that women probably are more prone to depression because they traditionally have issues with expressing anger (myself not included lol). Like you say INTJ's are insular/typically keeping their feelings inside and I think anger is a pretty nasty emotion to internalise. Hence I think introverts would be more prone to depression.

Then again us INTJ's are a tough bunch, we must have a large emotional threshold. It would have to be something major to push our limits. At the end of the day if an INTJ's life was to blow up in their faces we would probably be best equipped to take the necessary steps to get back on track. I'm not sure an F has the same amount of will power to quell their emotions, remove themselves from what they are feeling and take a more objective stance in order to find their way back onto their path. I'm talking purely about depression here of course, I don't think you could head off something like schitzophrenia or a major depressive episode. Aren't mental illnesses like these chemical related? I don't see how type could influence the chemicals in our brains.

Are S's not as likely to pick up the patterns of what leads to depression than N's are I wonder.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    Strawberryfields that makes sense to me. I think anger has a lot to do with depression. From what I've read on the topic of depression I believe that too much internalised anger = depression. I think that women probably are more prone to depression because they traditionally have issues with expressing anger (myself not included lol). Like you say INTJ's are insular/typically keeping their feelings inside and I think anger is a pretty nasty emotion to internalise. Hence I think introverts would be more prone to depression.

Then again us INTJ's are a tough bunch, we must have a large emotional threshold. It would have to be something major to push our limits. At the end of the day if an INTJ's life was to blow up in their faces we would probably have the skills to take the necessary steps to get back on track. I'm not sure an F has the same amount of will power to quell their emotions, remove themselves from what they are feeling and take a more objective stance in order to find there way back onto their path.

Are S's not as likely to pick up the patterns of what leads to depression than N's are I wonder.
    You're right about depression and anger. I once read a description of depression as 'anger turned inward'. That makes sense.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Actually the studies on autistic children show ISTJ, as do the patterns of behavior as they often fixate on physical objects...

It seems like any type can end up with about any mental illness. However, misdiagnosis is more likely in certain types. Like, is an EP child just being an EP or is it ADD? Is an IP withdrawn and depressed or happy as a clam alone all the time? etc.
    The ISTJ is the safety measure only.
    The clinical observation is plain wrong.

A choice is not the end.
    It is the beginning.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Actually the studies on autistic children show ISTJ, as do the patterns of behavior as they often fixate on physical objects...

It seems like any type can end up with about any mental illness. However, misdiagnosis is more likely in certain types. Like, is an EP child just being an EP or is it ADD? Is an IP withdrawn and depressed or happy as a clam alone all the time? etc.
    Well, because of what they consider ADD, just about every EP has ADD. I think we should invent a pathologization for ESTJ, maybe that would get people to stop seeing something wrong with EPs. The diagnosis was made for the purpose of singling out some types, so I've always seen it as a big scam.