• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Loneliness

Mole

Permabanned
The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality, between fantasy and reality. However sometimes life is hard, difficult, abusive or traumatic and we regress to fantasy to protect our psyche.

And then naturally we look to those who will accept our fantasy uncritically. At this point our fantasy has been socially validated, and we enter a mutual protection racket where I won't criticise you fantasy if you don't criticise mine. And here we enter an entrenched neurosis where we build castles in the air, safe from criticism or reality testing.

So we no longer distinguish between fantasy and reality, we don't distinguish between astrology and astronomy, we don't distinguish between mbti and psychometrics, we don't distinguish between our religion and evidence and reason.

And being out of touch with reality, we are out of touch with those around us, we are out of touch with what they feel and think, and we start to suffer from loneliness.

The work of children is play. And the purpose of play is to learn the difference between imagination and reality, between fantasy and reality. However sometimes life is hard, difficult, abusive or traumatic and we regress to fantasy to protect our psyche.

And then naturally we look to those who will accept our fantasy uncritically. At this point our fantasy has been socially validated, and we enter a mutual protection racket where I won't criticise you fantasy if you don't criticise mine. And here we enter an entrenched neurosis where we build castles in the air, safe from criticism or reality testing.

So we no longer distinguish between fantasy and reality, we don't distinguish between astrology and astronomy, we don't distinguish between mbti and psychometrics, we don't distinguish between our religion and evidence and reason.

And being out of touch with reality, we are out of touch with those around us, we are out of touch with what they feel and think, and we start to suffer from loneliness.

Speak for yourself, Satan. :rofl1:

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Serious question - what outcome were you seeking by posting the above?

Permabanned

Like many other of your posts, contrived at best, in a self servicing tryhard way.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Mole

Permabanned
Serious question - what outcome were you seeking by posting the above?
I was limning neurosis and loneliness.
And rather than manipulation control and denigration, I would prefer a contribution.
I will reply to all honest contributions but not to manipulation control or denigration.

Lark

I was limning neurosis and loneliness.
And rather than manipulation control and denigration, I would prefer a contribution.
I will reply to all honest contributions but not to manipulation control or denigration.

I see you. ;)

Mole

Permabanned
Lonrliness is emotionally painful and debilitating. Yet our character can be forged in the pain of loneliness.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
sorry that you're lonely sir.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
m y loneliness is killing me
i must confess, i still believe (o-oh-oh)
something something give me a siiiignnnn