User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 241

  1. #31
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    Satan killed relationships, not feminism.
    take away women's voting privlige and satan will die.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    take away women's voting privlige and satan will die.
    I think voting privilege should be based on IQ and mental health, not sex.
    Likes Cat Brainz, SpankyMcFly liked this post

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I think voting privilege should be based on IQ and mental health, not sex.
    It should be based on your contribution to society i.e the amount of taxes you put in. I.Q is a useless measure.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  4. #34
    SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Think that's a disgusting mindset to be honest, not everything should be commodified and bought and sold.

    Its got nothing to do with puritanism and everything to do with humanism BTW.
    How very superior of you. Puritanical, humanistic- whatever you want to call the sex is dirty mentality. I prefer companionship and romance through emotional bonding to simple carnal contact, however, I’m not all of humanity. I’m the last person to think everything should be bought and sold but frankly like it or not humans are animals, animals with needs. Needs that shouldn’t be denied.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

    As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    It should be based on your contribution to society i.e the amount of taxes you put in. I.Q is a useless measure.
    By this logic, if one is contributing a lot as a working person, then loses their job and become homeless between jobs, one should lose their right to vote?

    And technically the women you'd deprive of their vote who choose to make babies...making babies could be seen as a big contribution to society, depending on what you consider contributing to society.

    So your idea of contribution to society seems skewed and dependent on your own values. It's largely arbitrary and subjective...Does this mean elderly people who aren't working or cannot work should not vote either? You say you want to revoke women's votes but by your own logic, a female scientist or cop should retain their right to vote, no?

    I'm just trying to point out how flawed your logic is, as is often the case when people with strong ideological stances try to logically justify their beliefs--the holes in their logic become apparent, particularly when their beliefs are based in very arbitrary personal values and feelings on "how things ought to be" with measures of vague and abstract things such as "contribution to society"



    My solution is at least somewhat more consistent.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  6. #36
    Member Isk Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    KWML
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    How very superior of you. Puritanical, humanistic- whatever you want to call the sex is dirty mentality. I prefer companionship and romance through emotional bonding to simple carnal contact, however, I’m not all of humanity. I’m the last person to think everything should be bought and sold but frankly like it or not humans are animals, animals with needs. Needs that shouldn’t be denied.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    They tell you sex has become a mess because it was hushed up. But for the last twenty years it has not been hushed up. It has been chattered about all day long. Yet it is still in a mess. If hushing up had been the cause of the trouble, ventilation would have set it right. But it has not. I think it is the other way round. I think the human race originally hushed it up because it had become such a mess. Modern people are always saying, “Sex is nothing to be ashamed of.” They may mean two things. They may mean “There is nothing to be ashamed of in the fact that the human race reproduces itself in a certain way, nor in the fact that it gives pleasure.” If they mean that, they are right. Christianity says the same. It is not the thing, nor the pleasure, that is the trouble. The old Christian teachers said that if man had never fallen, sexual pleasure, instead of being less than it is now, would actually have been greater. I know some muddle-headed Christians have talked as if Christianity thought that sex, or the body, or pleasure, were bad in themselves. But they were wrong. Christianity is almost the only one of the great religions which thoroughly approves of the body—which believes that matter is good, that God Himself once took on a human body, that some kind of body is going to be given to us even in Heaven and is going to be an essential part of our happiness, our beauty, and our energy. Christianity has glorified marriage more than any other religion: and nearly all the greatest love poetry in the world has been produced by Christians. If anyone says that sex, in itself, is bad, Christianity contradicts him at once. But, of course, when people say, “Sex is nothing to be ashamed of,” they may mean “the state into which the sexual instinct has now got is nothing to be ashamed of.”


    If they mean that, I think they are wrong. I think it is everything to be ashamed of. There is nothing to be ashamed of in enjoying your food: there would be everything to be ashamed of if half the world made food the main interest of their lives and spent their time looking at pictures of food and dribbling and smacking their lips. I do not say you and I are individually responsible for the present situation. Our ancestors have handed over to us organisms which are warped in this respect: and we grow up surrounded by propaganda in favour of unchastity. There are people who want to keep our sex instinct inflamed in order to make money out of us. Because, of course, a man with an obsession is a man who has very little sales-resistance. God knows our situation; He will not judge us as if we had no difficulties to overcome. What matters is the sincerity and perseverance of our will to overcome them.
    From Mere Christianity
    -Winter is Coming
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    How very superior of you. Puritanical, humanistic- whatever you want to call the sex is dirty mentality. I prefer companionship and romance through emotional bonding to simple carnal contact, however, I’m not all of humanity. I’m the last person to think everything should be bought and sold but frankly like it or not humans are animals, animals with needs. Needs that shouldn’t be denied.
    I do tend to think of my thinking or values as superior to dirty money values.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

    A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

  8. #38
    Problem? Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    How very superior of you. Puritanical, humanistic- whatever you want to call the sex is dirty mentality. I prefer companionship and romance through emotional bonding to simple carnal contact, however, I’m not all of humanity. I’m the last person to think everything should be bought and sold but frankly like it or not humans are animals, animals with needs. Needs that shouldn’t be denied.
    Is it beneficial, though, to set such low standards and expectations of people? It just seems like we'd be creating a world that is more bleak.

    The obesity epidemic is a greater cause of decreased sex than feminism, imo.
    Likes Isk Stark, Starry, SpankyMcFly liked this post

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I do tend to think of my thinking or values as superior to dirty money values.
    we know.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  10. #40
    SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I do tend to think of my thinking or values as superior to dirty money values.
    Have fun in your self perceived superiority bubble. If you knew me (obviously you don’t) you’d chuckle at someone suggesting I’m materialistically driven.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

    As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO