First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I’m not against the legalization of prostitution but god idk. I just think of the age when men and women are going to be in the highest demand in this industry...and the age most people are truly capable of understanding what they are getting into and subsequently making this kind of choice for themselves (I work with young people and I’m sorry but 18 isn’t it IMO).

Likewise, we can put any new story we want to it but in the end...Prostitution is illegal because men have upheld that across time and space. Men thought prostitution was/is wrong...men thought we should rise above.
    I agree for the most.

Considering the cultural emotional baggage associated with this profesjon and the nature iof the work - it is your body after all, and the abuse regarding this stuff and its consequences...- it would be a challenge extraordinaire to regulate it in such a way that it becomes safe and protected the way other jobs are. Add to that the cultural values, peer pressure and bullshit regarding sex...we just aint there yet. Id like to think that having it be a choice and not an expected resource trade deal will already take a lot of power and therefore hysterics out of sex and ironically make it easier to actually turn it into just another profession

I also think that open sex education when people become sexually mature that go beyond just the mechanics of making a baby but also include the complicated and different interactive ways sex comes to be, without bias and preference disguised as fact, will do a great deal for prepping young people in this matter as well as many others. We seriously short our kids there. It is a skillset that demands mastery like any other to navigate romantic/sexual waters and providing a sort of objective compass without shaming tactics and dogma is sorely needed. But for that to happen the adults first have to grow up and master this issue themselves...and we are far from that

But all this doesnt mean it shouldnt be on the table. Mankind has conquered gravity and gone to the moon and beyond. Im sure we can figure this shit out -and here s the kicker - should we want to.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    yupp

funny how there's so many guys who can get the v but yet the ones who don't are blaming feminism
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    When the hell did people collectively decide vaping was a sign of douchebaggery?
    Since American Gods.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    funny how there's so many guys who can get the v but yet the ones who don't are blaming feminism
    True. But they're good verbally jerking off all over you if they can't legally get you to fuck them. They're still sub-par, that's never going to change.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

(I’m just being an asshole, now)

You sound like the sort of guy who needs a boat & a pipe rather than a Panama hat & whatever the hell vaping devices are called.

I used to smoke a pipe

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Since American Gods.

I don't know what that is.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I don't know what that is.
    One of the new gods, Technology Boy. He's a douche, obviously.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I agree for the most.

Considering the cultural emotional baggage associated with this profesjon and the nature iof the work - it is your body after all, and the abuse regarding this stuff and its consequences...- it would be a challenge extraordinaire to regulate it in such a way that it becomes safe and protected the way other jobs are. Add to that the cultural values, peer pressure and bullshit regarding sex...we just aint there yet. Id like to think that having it be a choice and not an expected resource trade deal will already take a lot of power and therefore hysterics out of sex and ironically make it easier to actually turn it into just another profession

I also think that open sex education when people become sexually mature that go beyond just the mechanics of making a baby but also include the complicated and different interactive ways sex comes to be, without bias and preference disguised as fact, will do a great deal for prepping young people in this matter as well as many others. We seriously short our kids there. It is a skillset that demands mastery like any other to navigate romantic/sexual waters and providing a sort of objective compass without shaming tactics and dogma is sorely needed. But for that to happen the adults first have to grow up and master this issue themselves...and we are far from that

But all this doesnt mean it shouldnt be on the table. Mankind has conquered gravity and gone to the moon and beyond. Im sure we can figure this shit out -and here s the kicker - should we want to.

Yah...I am not the person to be commenting on this topic because it’s all too much for my over-idealizing mind to process. All I can really do is remain mindful that there is this thing called reality and not everyone was born looking for their soulmate and Heaven.
    Walk first through the fire.

*Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Yah...I am not the person to be commenting on this topic because it’s all too much for my over-idealizing mind to process. All I can really do is remain mindful that there is this thing called reality and not everyone was born looking for their soulmate and Heaven.
    I hear ya on that - and you re not alone in that search
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale
    Likes Starry liked this post

I might decriminalize prostitution but I'm not sure I'd support full legal route. Overregulation would probably kill the industry anyway and many would resort to going to blackmarket routes for entertainment/jobs.