• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you rather be:

Which would you rather be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
But you have dead fish in you. :p And frog butts.

I got live fish too. Not to mention all those valuable bacteria.

I changed my reason. I wanna be the pond 'cause it would be better than playing spore -- I'd have real goddamn organisms to manipulate.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'd like to be the pond or a small fish in the pond.
Pond= calm, "shelter"...just have a nice feel to it.
small fish= much more to "discover" in that pond, plus there's more space and you're comfy.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't matter what size fish you are as long as you're happy being that size. A big fish worries about losing power. A small fish worries about not being a big fish. I would prefer not to worry at all, being nobody, going nowhere.

Do fish often tell you about their deepest fears?
Being nobody, going nowhere - it's your calling ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm just playing. I meant that if someone pees in you (and you're the pond), then a larger portion of your volume will be dedicated to feces (aka crap, detritis, etc.). You don't want that, do you? Of course not... :alttongue:

by "bulk" I meant "the larger portion."

This is so NF.

My question was: is it bulk/large portion 15%, 37% 62% or 88%.
Without that nothing can actually be said.

I truly don't understand the problem with feces.This is fully natural matter.
Even all the animals create them all the time.

If it happens the there is to many feces the life will die but the pond will stay and with time it will purify itself. So once again some form of life will be able to exist in the pond.
That means that if you are fish you will die but if you are pond you have a chance.

As I have said in the first post the pond can exist without life, hope or goal.

LucrativeSid

I chose to be the big fish because I just can't think of myself as a small fish. However, after reading everyone's replies, I'm feeling quite constricted by my decision now. Although my initial decision wasn't made from taking things literally at all, so I suppose that means something. I was thinking purely in the terms of my relations to the other fish and not things like having space to explore and stuff like that.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"I would rather be first in a little Iberian village than second in Rome." - Julius Caesar

This is what I read as "A big fish in a small pond".

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I chose an averaged-sized fish in a pond of adequate dimensions.

My reasons are that I want to live life noticed, but don't want to have to worry about being alienated or lacking resources. Constantly being attacked, in any way (conversationally, physically, etc.) wouldn't be pleasant either, even if you're normally tolerant to it, so being too small would not be acceptable.

My thoughts on the responses linked with "I want to have the big pond to explore" makes me think of the conversation leading to Antisocial's piss-pond. More quantity, less content. I wouldn't want to go unnoticed either. I've done my hiding and I am through, but neither do I want to be an arrogant, condescending asshole that feels as though his power could slip from him at any moment. Insecurity is the big fish. Always gotta one-up the next guy to remain on top.

It really depends. I like questions like these.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
This is so NF.

My question was: is it bulk/large portion 15%, 37% 62% or 88%.
Without that nothing can actually be said.

This is so retarded.

"Larger portion" means a greater portion of your volume is dedicated to pee than before [organism] peed in you. Percentage is irrelevant.

I'd like to reemphasize that we're talking about detritis, not a grand philosophical concept. There is nothing to be said in the first place. That's what this means: :alttongue:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is so retarded.

"Larger portion" means a greater portion of your volume is dedicated to pee than before [organism] peed in you. Percentage is irrelevant.

I'd like to reemphasize that we're talking about detritis, not a grand philosophical concept. There is nothing to be said in the first place. That's what this means: :alttongue:

Please take a look at you post. You actually haven't said anything new.

You don't want to look at this as philosophical concept,OK.

I have said that I want percentages. That is because the pond can function normaly if the amount of things like crap and piss is low enough.

You can also look at the things this way. Would you rather be pond that simply exist or would you rather be fish that has its biological functions.
If some guy take a piss in the pond you live in, it is unavoidable that some of it will enter your body because of process like eating or breathing.

What means that if we are not talking about philosophical concept your choice means that you are Ok with the fact metioned above and actually doubt that you are.

What are you trying to prove?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*ranting J-type words*

OMG!
Kudos on being able to get worked-up about a poll which was designed to satirize polls.

Although some people have actually managed to say some insightful things.

Respect to those people.:cheers:

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I said big fish, small pond because...as an INFJ I think that then i could make a difference, influencing all the fishies to make the pond a better place for everyone...

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
I'd rather be the pond.

Why? Because:
1) Big fish in small pond? The pond is not big enough for sure. Only the big fish and where are the small fishes anyway? They won't have place because the big fish "monopolize" the pond!

2) Small fish in big pond? That's more comforting. But the fishes must be aware of someone who try to capture them, otherwise they'll die.

3) An averaged-sized fish in a pond of adequate dimensions? Same as number 2.

So I choose the last option.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
bluemonday... what does it mean?

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Please take a look at you post. You actually haven't said anything new.

You don't want to look at this as philosophical concept,OK.

I have said that I want percentages. That is because the pond can function normaly if the amount of things like crap and piss is low enough.

You can also look at the things this way. Would you rather be pond that simply exist or would you rather be fish that has its biological functions.
If some guy take a piss in the pond you live in, it is unavoidable that some of it will enter your body because of process like eating or breathing.

What means that if we are not talking about philosophical concept your choice means that you are Ok with the fact metioned above and actually doubt that you are.

What are you trying to prove?

IT'S POOOOOOOP!!!!! AND FISH PEEEEEEE!!!!! IT'S JUST FEEEEECEEEESSSSS!!!!! I have nothing to prove because I'm JUUUUSSSTTTTT KIIIIDDDDDIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!! Really, pretend I said nothing. The only "meaning" in my words were "hey, if you're the pond, you've got detritis in you. That's nasty. THE END."

Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna go take one of these: :chillpill:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Big fish in a small pond. I like having a large impact on other people and my environment, but only a select group of people and particular environments.