• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Dream In Colors or In Black/White?

Eryndil

MBTI Type
INTx
I don't tend to remember colours (or black and white) from my dreams - only experiences. For example, the most vivid dream I had was where I was a hostage and they were about to shoot me. I remember being on my knees, hands tied behind me, the gun by my head and the trigger being pulled but I don't remember if there were any colours.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I dream in colors - though occasionally in black and white, but that's rare. My dreams usually have an elaborate plot and often even a narrator. :)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I dream in colors - though occasionally in black and white, but that's rare. My dreams usually have an elaborate plot and often even a narrator. :)
is the narrator morgan freeman? if it is, im freaking jealous.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
is the narrator morgan freeman? if it is, im freaking jealous.

:happy2: I'd be jealous, too. Morgan Freeman rocks my socks. James Earl Jones would be an equally welcome narrator...how come my dreams don't get narrations?

...what should one eat before bed in order to appropriate a dream-narrator, I wonder? :confused:

redacted

My dreams are incredibly un-detailed visually...I don't even know if they're black and white or color -- there are basically only enough details for me to recognize people and objects.

Sounds, on the other hand, are quite detailed...

I experience dreams quite abstractly; they barely ever follow a cohesive timeline.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
:happy2: I'd be jealous, too. Morgan Freeman rocks my socks. James Earl Jones would be an equally welcome narrator...how come my dreams don't get narrations?

...what should one eat before bed in order to appropriate a dream-narrator, I wonder? :confused:
eat whatever morgan freeman or james earl jones eat when they get up in the morning

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Color, all the way. Not that I remember many of my dreams, but those that I do make absolutely no sense at all. :D

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
eat whatever morgan freeman or james earl jones eat when they get up in the morning

:nice: I'll...er...get right on finding out what that could possibly be... narrated dreams would be amazing... You know, I'd even settle for Liam Neeson -- he has an incredibly rich voice as well... :D

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
:nice: I'll...er...get right on finding out what that could possibly be... narrated dreams would be amazing... You know, I'd even settle for Liam Neeson -- he has an incredibly rich voice as well... :D
Liam is the freaking man... id totally dig that... that would be sweet if all three where having a conversation in my dreams... i would never wake up

dyspraxion

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
4w5
I dream in color and extreme weirdness. And that I get stabbed or sliced or set on fire or something similarly painful every couple of months (and it hurts, even after I wake up).

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you dream in colors or black/white?

Always in color, at least as far as I know. And lots of sensory stuff as well. Most nights I have hypnogogic hallucinations as well; it's how I go to sleep. I just let myself fall into them and enjoy.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dreams are typically bland, but always in colour. The idea of dreaming in black and white intrigues me, though.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't recall dreaming in black and white. My dreams typically look realistic, though the plots are often fractured.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's always in color and they feel and look real.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dream in color. A long while ago I had some exceptionally more-vividly-colored-than-life dreams (meaning, I think, that the Color was the point of the dream, if you will, ie I was aware of it and focusing on it), but usually they are colored normally.

I had one black and white dream back when I was in either late elementary or early junior high. It was 'visionary' to the point of my waking up disturbed and actually writing it down in a diary. It was not a nightmare per se, but it was jarring and woefully sad.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only dream in black & white.

Okay, not true. I dream in-color. Occasionally sepia, though. Rarely.