• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Dream In Colors or In Black/White?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dream in color. Especially strong greens, cyan and crimson. I don't know why those colors are often present, but they are :) All others are present, but those colors are often in abundance and very brilliant. Anyone here some kind of dream interpreter? ^^
Might mean I have repressed memories from my childhood or something :D

Does anyone else have colors in their dreams that seem to be dominant?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
You can do some pretty amazing things (like jumping thousands of feet), but if you try to get too unrealistic, your higher cognitive functions take over, and the dream ends.

I got that! I was doing a little mentoring once upon a time and I must have been really pumped about it.

Lots of positive stuff going on. And I started having these lucid dreams. I started out by myself and I'd take a step or two and bounce. Then again. a little higher each time. Sort of like walking on the moon. Then I discovered, by focusing my will, I could levitate there. At first it took considerable effort but after a few dreams like that I could sometimes just "think" myself to rise.

So I got this group of women together then and gave them a pep talk. We can do this together! Let's do it! And little by little we started to rise. The looks on the faces were thrilling. Energy was floating back and forth and we were rising, rising.

Then one woman said, "This is stoopid. Women can't do this." And. . .

It felt like a balloon slowly deflating and we gradually drifted back down with sadness permeating the air.

I was dang mad at her! (Me?)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i dream in colors and my senses are acitve-touch mostly
i can also control myself in my dreams
i recall teaching myself how to fly in my dreams
since then-i rarely dream

Negative_

both.

when in colors, they're usually either extremely vivid or very dull and faded.

wolfy

awsm
Colour

I had a dream last night I was in an office watching some Japanese CEO doing his work. Suddenly he changed form to caramel popcorn, not one big one but a lot of them stuck together. Then he yelled "Oh no they'll eat me" and ran out of the office, but as he was running the popcorn was falling away and being eaten by the workers who were unaware where they were from.

This dream was in full colour and Japanese.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
color and this thread would be perfect for a poll. Just saying

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Normal colours I suppose, but they're not usually important/significant

hathor_sekhmet

MBTI Type
INFP
The only dream I had in black and white was very frightening -- I was lost in a land of clocks and my friend turned into a skeleton and tried to eat me.

I often have dreams in which I have to taste-test things, usually sweet things. Last night I had to taste-test several fruit punches. They each tasted slightly different. Does anyone else have taste dreams?

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
Depends.

Sometimes it can be black and/or white if I don't remember, and sometimes can be colorful when I remember. I've read a theory said that if someone's dream black, white and/or doesn't have color, it's more likely you don't remember the dream.

To be honest, I mostly tend to forget my dream.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Are you awake in color or black and white? It doesn’t seem to make sense to think in those terms. Dreams are another form of consciousness. It’s the same brain conjuring up your reality, just not directly through your senses. Anyone here been on SSRIs? I got dreams so real I could not tell the difference between reality and dream. I don't have dreams that vivid any more. It could be that the drug enhances the dreaming mechanism, but it is still the same mechanism.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
For a period of time I took an antidepressant for Seasonal Affective Disorder. I think it's an SSRI. It caused sleep paralysis and hynogogic hallucinations. Ugh. Real screamers, they were.

It was like being asleep with your eyes open. Green faces floating all around the room. Looked like illustrations from Charles Kingsley's "Water Babies." The icky goblins that lay squashed under the rocks beneath the ocean?

Yes, I definitely had quite an experience with that particular drug. Were yours also nightmares?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dreams suck !

They steal the peace of your mind even while you are asleep

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, I definitely had quite an experience with that particular drug. Were yours also nightmares?

No nightmares that I remember. Certainly nothing as bad as yours.

I did remember doing things that I could not possibly have done. I only knew they were dreams because the context made absolutely no sense.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
im creative and i can either not remember my dreams or when i do they are not visual at all. they are always just feelings. like, if im falling in a dream, i dont see myself falling but i sense that im falling (in 3rd person...always) and when i look to see myself, its just an aura of myself. its quite weird.

also define creativity. creativity can be random and structureless or structure itself can be creative.

ygolo

My termites win
Black and white dreams are very rare for me.

Just a quick question: Do any of you guys ever realize that you are dreaming in a dream and are still able to continue the dream. I seriously have had this happen to me on more than one occasion, and when I tell it to friends they call bullshit on me.

They're not that different from when I am vividly day-dreaming, except I am lying down and feel a lot more rested afterward.

It is really common for me. In fact, almost all the dreams that I remember is of this sort.

Invariably the last dream I have before I wake-up (if I remember having at least one) is one of this sort. Not only do I know I am dreaming, I can usually control what is happening in the dream too.

im creative and i can either not remember my dreams or when i do they are not visual at all. they are always just feelings. like, if im falling in a dream, i dont see myself falling but i sense that im falling (in 3rd person...always) and when i look to see myself, its just an aura of myself. its quite weird.

I used to have these things I called "dot dreams," because the visual component tended to simple dots (usually black-and-white now that I think about it); sometimes nothing about them changed visually throughout the whole dream but I would simply feel changes in intensity. Really nothing else, not even sensations per say, or music or anything. Just changes in intensity, and quite intricate changes in intensity. The dreams could be quite long.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm so old I dream in day-glo. Faaaar out, Man!

Heh.

Forgot to name the drug. I believe it was Sinequan.

Yeah. Those "dot dreams?" I get that kind of stuff when I've had ether. Haven't noticed it with the modern anesthetics. All kindsa geometric patterns behind my eyes. Shoulda called the stuff an "anaesthetic." Boring, those geometric patterns. . .

V Profane

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh wait, I mean; I dream in beige, why'd you leave me so far now?