• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Dream In Colors or In Black/White?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes hun. You mean lucid dreams. I have them every other dream.

Me too, to some degree at least.

My favorite one: I had played GTA all day, and when I went to sleep I was in some huge generic city just getting shit done...driving trucks, shooting people.. and since it was very lucid in the 2nd half of the dream, I would jump in the air thousands of feet and and land perfectly.. anything I could envision doing, I'd do.

Unfortunately all my lucid dreams seem to end when I try to get laid in them...

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're really intense for me. It seems I get them more often during times when I am depressed, or extremely stressed.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me too, to some degree at least.

My favorite one: I had played GTA all day, and when I went to sleep I was in some huge generic city just getting shit done...driving trucks, shooting people.. and since it was very lucid in the 2nd half of the dream, I would jump in the air thousands of feet and and land perfectly.. anything I could envision doing, I'd do.

Hahaha. Sounds awesome. I like the ones where I feel like I'm flying ^^

Same. xD

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm not really aware of how dreams look.

I can tell you that I've played with a yellow ball and flirted with a girl with a green sweater (in my dreams).

This was my initial reaction, however:

I don't remember any color. I don't remember black and white either.

---

Plenty of lucid dream sex. Messy mornings.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I've noticed that thing with video games also. If I spend a lot of time playing one sometimes that night I'll play it in my dreams. Oddly enough, the next day I frequently have a breakthough to a new level, almost as though my head was practicing by itself the night before!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I've noticed that thing with video games also. If I spend a lot of time playing one sometimes that night I'll play it in my dreams. Oddly enough, the next day I frequently have a breakthough to a new level, almost as though my head was practicing by itself the night before!

Yeah it's a cool phenomenon. The weirdest one was when I used to play AOE all the time. It was like I was overlooking some kind of AOE-style civilization grow and fight each other.. really detailed and bizarre.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I read somewhere that when we *sleep* our brain processes all of the events from that day, analyzes them, and they come through in the form of a dream. Something like that. I like to break down the symbols I see in my dreams, and they are often quite accurate in pertaining to my waking situation.

Anywho, I do that too ^^

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I wonder if that's just an En thing.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I think the "Most people dream in black and white" thing has got to be a myth.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Dreams seem more like memories to me. I can 'picture' things for context, but I can't really say it is either with or without colour.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I do know that I definitely hash over things which are puzzling me. And just like in dreaming about video games, I sometimes have a breakthrough after the dream.

And once in a blue moon I'll have a fire dream. That usually means "Pay attention! Right now!" The fire is always very vivd. Someone told me that that represents sexual turmoil, but I'm not sure about that in the context of the type of dreams. More about relationship difficulties.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've only had a single black-and-white dream, and that was during an episode of sleep paralysis late one afternoon when I was napping. All my other dreams have been in color. (Sometimes highly saturated color, too.) My dreams have been in CG animation style, cartoons. I've also had dreams where I was a figure in an isometric computer game.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I came across bits of information saying that only creative, special folks dream in colors (about 15-20% of people) What the case is with every one of you?

Roll fellas...

I dream in colours. Sometimes they are muted, sometimes they are oversaturated. I even get very intricate plays of light and shadow happening in my dreams. In that way they are like movies, but I suspect this only happens because I'm visually and mentally sensitive to how light falls on things.

I think my mother and brother both dream in colour--except I think my brother would have an absence of green and red since he's colourblind to those hues and has never known what they really look like aside from a sepia tone.

I don't think any of the three of us are particularly special, but we are all creative in our own ways.

I don't think I've ever had a dream in black and white... I know I've had a dream in all varying shades of red, but never a complete absence of colour.

It doesn't make sense that most people wouldn't dream in colour. Colour plays such a vital part of our everyday lives that it would, surely, become infused in the part of the subconscious that creates dream imagery.

On that note, what do blind people dream about? What do they see? Do they see anything? Or get a vague impression of what happened?

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
I dream in color, because I remember several of my dreams where the focus of the dream was some particular vibrant color(s).

Yeah, I think the "Most people dream in black and white" thing has got to be a myth.
Agreed. We have rods in our eyes that sense only luminance, and cones that sense the separate red/green/blue wavelengths, but I'm pretty sure it isn't processed or stored in the brain as separate luminance and hue. I don't see any reason our brains would have a concept of just luminance, just for dreams.

Just a quick question: Do any of you guys ever realize that you are dreaming in a dream and are still able to continue the dream. I seriously have had this happen to me on more than one occasion, and when I tell it to friends they call bullshit on me.
Yes hun. You mean lucid dreams. I have them every other dream.
I used to practice lucid dreaming all the time back in my younger days. There are daytime exercises you can do to encourage it, and in-dream exercises to maintain it. I actually quit practicing it after a while, because I got a little too good at it, and it started freaking me out a bit (you're always questioning whether you might be dreaming right now). If you're interested, check out LUCID DREAMING.

and since it was very lucid in the 2nd half of the dream, I would jump in the air thousands of feet and and land perfectly.. anything I could envision doing, I'd do.

You can do some pretty amazing things (like jumping thousands of feet), but if you try to get too unrealistic, your higher cognitive functions take over, and the dream ends.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I came across bits of information saying that only creative, special folks dream in colors (about 15-20% of people) What the case is with every one of you?

Roll fellas...
I think my dreams have some color, but maybe not as vivid as real life.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
... Sometimes I think that'll be the closest I get to colorblind, is dreaming. I can recognize colors in the dream, but I still cannot be certain that I dream in ALL color or black and white.. it just sort of IS. and my mind just KNOWS what it is suppose to be.. so I cant tell if I am seeing the color, or assuming the color all the time.