User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Are you awake in color or black and white? It doesnít seem to make sense to think in those terms. Dreams are another form of consciousness. Itís the same brain conjuring up your reality, just not directly through your senses. Anyone here been on SSRIs? I got dreams so real I could not tell the difference between reality and dream. I don't have dreams that vivid any more. It could be that the drug enhances the dreaming mechanism, but it is still the same mechanism.

MBTI
    INFP

For a period of time I took an antidepressant for Seasonal Affective Disorder. I think it's an SSRI. It caused sleep paralysis and hynogogic hallucinations. Ugh. Real screamers, they were.

It was like being asleep with your eyes open. Green faces floating all around the room. Looked like illustrations from Charles Kingsley's "Water Babies." The icky goblins that lay squashed under the rocks beneath the ocean?

Yes, I definitely had quite an experience with that particular drug. Were yours also nightmares?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Dreams suck !

They steal the peace of your mind even while you are asleep
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Yes, I definitely had quite an experience with that particular drug. Were yours also nightmares?
    No nightmares that I remember. Certainly nothing as bad as yours.

I did remember doing things that I could not possibly have done. I only knew they were dreams because the context made absolutely no sense.

MBTI
    INTP

Colour. I'd notice grey nipples.
    "I'm being schooled in the class of V Profane. And it's a sad lesson." - PinkPiranha

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

im creative and i can either not remember my dreams or when i do they are not visual at all. they are always just feelings. like, if im falling in a dream, i dont see myself falling but i sense that im falling (in 3rd person...always) and when i look to see myself, its just an aura of myself. its quite weird.

also define creativity. creativity can be random and structureless or structure itself can be creative.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Black and white dreams are very rare for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Just a quick question: Do any of you guys ever realize that you are dreaming in a dream and are still able to continue the dream. I seriously have had this happen to me on more than one occasion, and when I tell it to friends they call bullshit on me.
    They're not that different from when I am vividly day-dreaming, except I am lying down and feel a lot more rested afterward.

It is really common for me. In fact, almost all the dreams that I remember is of this sort.

Invariably the last dream I have before I wake-up (if I remember having at least one) is one of this sort. Not only do I know I am dreaming, I can usually control what is happening in the dream too.

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    im creative and i can either not remember my dreams or when i do they are not visual at all. they are always just feelings. like, if im falling in a dream, i dont see myself falling but i sense that im falling (in 3rd person...always) and when i look to see myself, its just an aura of myself. its quite weird.
    I used to have these things I called "dot dreams," because the visual component tended to simple dots (usually black-and-white now that I think about it); sometimes nothing about them changed visually throughout the whole dream but I would simply feel changes in intensity. Really nothing else, not even sensations per say, or music or anything. Just changes in intensity, and quite intricate changes in intensity. The dreams could be quite long.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFP

Yo mama's so old... SHE DREAMS IN BLACK IN WHITE BIATCH.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm so old I dream in day-glo. Faaaar out, Man!

Heh.

Forgot to name the drug. I believe it was Sinequan.

Yeah. Those "dot dreams?" I get that kind of stuff when I've had ether. Haven't noticed it with the modern anesthetics. All kindsa geometric patterns behind my eyes. Shoulda called the stuff an "anaesthetic." Boring, those geometric patterns. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

Oh wait, I mean; I dream in beige, why'd you leave me so far now?
    "I'm being schooled in the class of V Profane. And it's a sad lesson." - PinkPiranha