User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I think the "Most people dream in black and white" thing has got to be a myth.

MBTI
    INXP

Dreams seem more like memories to me. I can 'picture' things for context, but I can't really say it is either with or without colour.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I wonder if that's just an En thing.
    I have them too....

EDIT: Color, haven't met anyone who dreams in black and white as yet.

MBTI
    INFP

I do know that I definitely hash over things which are puzzling me. And just like in dreaming about video games, I sometimes have a breakthrough after the dream.

And once in a blue moon I'll have a fire dream. That usually means "Pay attention! Right now!" The fire is always very vivd. Someone told me that that represents sexual turmoil, but I'm not sure about that in the context of the type of dreams. More about relationship difficulties.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've only had a single black-and-white dream, and that was during an episode of sleep paralysis late one afternoon when I was napping. All my other dreams have been in color. (Sometimes highly saturated color, too.) My dreams have been in CG animation style, cartoons. I've also had dreams where I was a figure in an isometric computer game.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tblood View Post
    I came across bits of information saying that only creative, special folks dream in colors (about 15-20% of people) What the case is with every one of you?

Roll fellas...
    I dream in colours. Sometimes they are muted, sometimes they are oversaturated. I even get very intricate plays of light and shadow happening in my dreams. In that way they are like movies, but I suspect this only happens because I'm visually and mentally sensitive to how light falls on things.

I think my mother and brother both dream in colour--except I think my brother would have an absence of green and red since he's colourblind to those hues and has never known what they really look like aside from a sepia tone.

I don't think any of the three of us are particularly special, but we are all creative in our own ways.

I don't think I've ever had a dream in black and white... I know I've had a dream in all varying shades of red, but never a complete absence of colour.

It doesn't make sense that most people wouldn't dream in colour. Colour plays such a vital part of our everyday lives that it would, surely, become infused in the part of the subconscious that creates dream imagery.

On that note, what do blind people dream about? What do they see? Do they see anything? Or get a vague impression of what happened?
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I dream in color, because I remember several of my dreams where the focus of the dream was some particular vibrant color(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yeah, I think the "Most people dream in black and white" thing has got to be a myth.
    Agreed. We have rods in our eyes that sense only luminance, and cones that sense the separate red/green/blue wavelengths, but I'm pretty sure it isn't processed or stored in the brain as separate luminance and hue. I don't see any reason our brains would have a concept of just luminance, just for dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Just a quick question: Do any of you guys ever realize that you are dreaming in a dream and are still able to continue the dream. I seriously have had this happen to me on more than one occasion, and when I tell it to friends they call bullshit on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    Yes hun. You mean lucid dreams. I have them every other dream.
    I used to practice lucid dreaming all the time back in my younger days. There are daytime exercises you can do to encourage it, and in-dream exercises to maintain it. I actually quit practicing it after a while, because I got a little too good at it, and it started freaking me out a bit (you're always questioning whether you might be dreaming right now). If you're interested, check out LUCID DREAMING.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    and since it was very lucid in the 2nd half of the dream, I would jump in the air thousands of feet and and land perfectly.. anything I could envision doing, I'd do.

Unfortunately all my lucid dreams seem to end when I try to get laid in them...
    You can do some pretty amazing things (like jumping thousands of feet), but if you try to get too unrealistic, your higher cognitive functions take over, and the dream ends.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tblood View Post
    I came across bits of information saying that only creative, special folks dream in colors (about 15-20% of people) What the case is with every one of you?

Roll fellas...
    I think my dreams have some color, but maybe not as vivid as real life.

MBTI
    ISTx

I only dream in color...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

... Sometimes I think that'll be the closest I get to colorblind, is dreaming. I can recognize colors in the dream, but I still cannot be certain that I dream in ALL color or black and white.. it just sort of IS. and my mind just KNOWS what it is suppose to be.. so I cant tell if I am seeing the color, or assuming the color all the time.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge