• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I hate sleeping

Bulletproof_Bastard

MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm not sure whether this is the right sub-forum to post this kind of thread.

This may seem really weird to you, but I hate falling asleep. It isn't as much as I hate sleeping itself but more due to it's effects when I wake up.

Whenever I get up from sleeping, I usually feel like shit; anxious, angry, frustrated and with a low self-esteem. That makes me react about things in a rather unpredictable way. It doesn't matter what kind of lifestyle I'm living it's always like that. So, to me, sleeping is like wasting away all the good moods I've built within a day only to feel like shit again by the time I woke up. By saying feeling like shit, I really mean it; my breath gets harder, my chest feels heavy, my hands shaking and I'm sweating as hell. It paralyzes me like crazy. It's like the "shock" feeling that hits you after a terrible motorcycle accident but somehow you're still conscious while seeing blood splattered all over your skin and clothes from one big hole of scar in your body you feel like you're going to faint as your brain just can't take that kind of pain any longer(I know, I experienced it. It felt numb in a very unpleasant way).

It's been 3 days since the last time I fell asleep. Now my head is starting to ache. But this headache isn't as horrible as those strange feelings I experience everytime I wake up from sleeping.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Maybe try- decompressing- a bit before you go to sleep. Put the lights at a low level- ear plugs- just the least amount of stumuli and the most amount of relaxing as possible. If you can make 'going to sleep' feel relaxing and positve- maybe that assosication will make waking up easier.

It seems like there is a good amount of stress and fear you associate with sleeping. This can compound- sleeping is a negative thing- thinking this makes it feel even more negative- which makes sleeping- the effects from it- even worse. Its a nightmare- so thinking this adds all this additional anxiety which makes both sleeping and waking up from sleeping even worse.

Maybe a snack before bed- your favorite or something thats soothing. Try to make going to bed something you enjoy- rather than something you dread- and maybe itll all become a bit easier.