User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSE Si

Default How often do you apply typology to life?

I recently became reaware that I view life through a lens of typology. As in, in most conversations (especially verbal ones) I pick apart what is being said to see what functions could be behind them. Or I make mental note of possible enneagram fixes for people. When I was less healthy, a few years ago freshman year, I would keep a notebook to record behavior habits of my friends, going as far as making charts and constantly making them retake personality tests.

Many people use typology as a self improvement tool. Curious on how it plays a role in life though.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Se = Si > Ni = Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Scorpio Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Social Media: Tumblr · Private Blog · Twitter

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

i never do, but i also don't really use typology for anything
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ

On a sunconscious level 24/7 I think. I always notice patterns in people I know sucheck as reacting well or poorly to certain things. Another big thing which is have found that it helps me better understand people as I am able in a way to intectullize people instead of navigating the emotion sea. In a way ito like a science to me as like biological classification or physics laws it makes sense of a chaotic worlike.
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    946 sp/sx

Never.
    「 」

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I use it in an auxillary way. I'lll observe someone doing something complex or ways in which they converse and think "I can smell a bit of Ne there, with a hint of of Fe for flavoring." but I never pretend that I know for sure or assume that's their primary function. I don't ever "type" someone else, unless you can claim to know that person very, very, very well, as in not only see the side of them they show you at work or when you're out together, that's an extreme folly. If you know someone long enough to draw an accurate conclusion about their type, then you've already learned most of what you need to know about interacting with them and how they function anyways.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    On a sunconscious level 24/7 I think. I always notice patterns in people I know sucheck as reacting well or poorly to certain things. Another big thing which is have found that it helps me better understand people as I am able in a way to intectullize people instead of navigating the emotion sea. In a way ito like a science to me as like biological classification or physics laws it makes sense of a chaotic worlike.
    I am always looking for patterns in people, trying to breakdown motives and understand why people do the things they do and how to communicate effectively to get to the meat of what you want and what I want. Before I opened my own restaurant I managed the sales department At one of the biggest companies on the island I live on and the owner was huge on MBTI.
    he had you typed before he went ahead with hiring you and we would have meetings on how to communicate with different Types so the accounts section and Sales department would have two hrs of meeting to understand what drives each type in that department. Sometimes it was exhausting as listening to accountants go on about their love for order and balance numbers, analysis and data would make me want to scratch my skin off but sometimes it was totally enlightening and awesome to see someone discover why others and themselves work the way they do.
    i also like applying it because of the big emotional sea and it assists in not taking everything so personally.
    Likes Cat Brainz liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    I am always looking for patterns in people, trying to breakdown motives and understand why people do the things they do and how to communicate effectively to get to the meat of what you want and what I want. Before I opened my own restaurant I managed the sales department At one of the biggest companies on the island I live on and the owner was huge on MBTI.
    he had you typed before he went ahead with hiring you and we would have meetings on how to communicate with different Types so the accounts section and Sales department would have two hrs of meeting to understand what drives each type in that department. Sometimes it was exhausting as listening to accountants go on about their love for order and balance numbers, analysis and data would make me want to scratch my skin off but sometimes it was totally enlightening and awesome to see someone discover why others and themselves work the way they do.
    i also like applying it because of the big emotional sea and it assists in not taking everything so personally.
    Ive not yet used MBTI or ennegram or any other system in a professional or official capacity but ive myself been able to use the systems to help harmonize my relationships with people and deal with their difficult sides as with those systems I was able to figure out why they did X or Y. For instance i have been able to better get the Se doms in my life as Se was a function I found diffcult to work with as it collided with my Ne worldview in many ways with me preferring to act on ideas and then on sensations. Likewise ive had issues with 2s and 6s in my life as 2s can be clingy and want to help you even if you dont want any and sixes can be paranoid and cautious especially 6w5. With knowledge of ennegram I am now able to work with twos as I can now integrate my 3 with their 2 (I have a 3 goal or need they can help me reach) and ive learnt that sixes can notice danger and wrongness that others may miss.

Plus its also helped me with myself and why I fear or want certain things plus to simply sum up typology "Its fun ".

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    i never do, but i also don't really use typology for anything
    I am curious as to your views on typology. Do you in some ways happen to see it as a fun thing like a video game or a puzzle?. I find that factor with the parts of typology I consider less useful like stackings and linking stackings to ennegram that I dont use it for anything as a practical sense but use it for fun and entertainment or that could be my 7 speaking

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The answer is quite simple: if never, rarely.

I use it to better understanding of myself, I don't care much about others' agenda or types.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    Ive not yet used MBTI or ennegram or any other system in a professional or official capacity but ive myself been able to use the systems to help harmonize my relationships with people and deal with their difficult sides as with those systems I was able to figure out why they did X or Y. For instance i have been able to better get the Se doms in my life as Se was a function I found diffcult to work with as it collided with my Ne worldview in many ways with me preferring to act on ideas and then on sensations. Likewise ive had issues with 2s and 6s in my life as 2s can be clingy and want to help you even if you dont want any and sixes can be paranoid and cautious especially 6w5. With knowledge of ennegram I am now able to work with twos as I can now integrate my 3 with their 2 (I have a 3 goal or need they can help me reach) and ive learnt that sixes can notice danger and wrongness that others may miss. Plus its also helped me with myself and why I fear or want certain things plus to simply sum up typology "Its fun ".
    It was really something to see someone try and run their company with MBTI in mind, it was my first introduction to it and there were times I would be like wtf are we doing here, but a lot of if stuck and even when I did the hiring for my restaurant I considered the dynamics in place currently and what the addition of the next staff member would do to shift this in a negative or positive way.
    and I totally agree it's fun