User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Dominant Introverted intuition comes across as weird for most people

Hi all,

I'm under the impression that whenever I am 100% using my introverted intuition this comes across as strange/weird/alien to other people.
    Especially to people that don't know me that well yet.

Like when I'm talking about movies with someone and I'm trying to make a syntheses of my thoughts (pratically Ni by definition) I know I tend to stare into empty space. As natural as this feels to me personally, it really seems to catch the attention of whomever I'm speaking with. Like they are not used to that. And look at me with certain curiosity. Maybe this just goes or shows with dominant Ni users (INxJs) who are pretty rare anyway.

Does this sound familiar ? Or am I reading things in people that aren't there ?
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave
    Likes Peter Deadpan, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, it does sound familiar. I experience that a lot. Putting Ni thoughts into words is the hardest task I've ever found, it is really tough. I'm not sure it is entirely because of Ni, perhaps INTJs have it more easy for them because of their Te, but I've seen INFJs complaining about it a lot. So yeah, you are not alone.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8
    Likes meowington, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

@Eyez Fighter : Yeah, I think this is probably only confusing us INFJs because or Fe picks up the response of others more easily than INTJs. My INTJ dad for instance is oblivious to what other people think of him.
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    @Eyez Fighter : Yeah, I think this is probably only confusing us INFJs because or Fe picks up the response of others more easily than INTJs. My INTJ dad for instance is oblivious to what other people think of him.
    Yes, I don't care about what people think of me but, most of the time, I know what they think of me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eyez Fighter View Post
    Yes, I don't care about what people think of me but, most of the time, I know what they think of me.
    I know what people think of me and unfortunately I also care what people think of me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I know what people think of me and unfortunately I also care what people think of me.
    Well, that's unfortunate. And you also happen to be a 6, which must makes things even worse.

Enneagram
    947 so/sx

Like when I'm talking about movies with someone and I'm trying to make a syntheses of my thoughts (pratically Ni by definition) I know I tend to stare into empty space.
    Everybody in my life who knows me well still makes fun of me for this. They think I look too serious when I get into that mode of thinking, and then I come back with a confused look on my face because I thought I wasn't in that mode in the first place.. I can't describe it but I do understand the mild embarrassment that comes with such moments in life.
    I'll follow her into the depths
    I'll find warmth in the steel of her glare
    I'll hear music in the darkness of her silence
    Don't leave me there.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I'm friends and have been friends with lots of INFJ's throughout my life. I wouldn't say them purely using Ni makes them come across as weird or alien.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes meowington liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I can often stare off, though, it's not in one defined point. I tend to look around, almost everywhere EXCEPT the person I'm talking to haha. But what I'm doing is seeing what's essentially in front of me, my thoughts and ideas, projected onto my environment as if they were tangible, spatial elements. It's all fairly easy for me to explain when I look off, since I "see" it in front of me, and all I'm really doing is describing what I see to the other person. Once I extrovert my ideas, it's really easy for me to then understand and manipulate them further. It's when they're trapped in my head is when they seem not to make much sense all the time.

I might have Ni moments, but I wouldn't know, because I'm too impatient to wait around for words to come, or for thoughts to take form. If I can't describe something in the moment, I'll hold off on talking about it until the words come. They always do, eventually.

I've been told I look pissed off when I look around my surroundings at my ideas, but it's really more of a pensive look in my opinion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eyez Fighter View Post
    Yes, it does sound familiar. I experience that a lot. Putting Ni thoughts into words is the hardest task I've ever found, it is really tough. I'm not sure it is entirely because of Ni, perhaps INTJs have it more easy for them because of their Te, but I've seen INFJs complaining about it a lot. So yeah, you are not alone.
    Not being INFJ, I cannot say whether it is easier for us or not. I do recall when I was a kid having a very hard time putting these notions into words, and getting better at it over a period of years, mostly from age 10-13 or so. Discussions with a good family friend were a great help. I think this growth process is what is meant by "developing Te". It was an amazing process, and helped form the basis for much of who I am today and what I have done in my life. This is because being able to explain one's thoughts is so important. I can't say that Te is easier to use and employ this way than Fe, though, only that it is easier for me, but then Fe is near the bottom of my function preferences, so I wouldn't expect to be good at it.

So, to the extent that I employ Te-based filtering to structure and present my ideas to others, something I have long been quite good at, they think simply that I have done my homework and know what I am talking about. If I don't have time for that, or just cut to the chase and share Ni ideas in raw format, sure - folks often think it is weird.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes meowington, Dreamer liked this post