• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dominant Introverted intuition comes across as weird for most people

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why would it seem intimidating? Seems it would be more confusing than anything else, for someone not used to thinking that way.
People are afraid of what they don't understand

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Afraid is a bit too much. Perhaps curious or skeptical. Afraid of a cognitive function? What on heart.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Afraid is a bit too much. Perhaps curious or skeptical. Afraid of a cognitive function? What on heart.

to further go with your semantics here, I didn't mean afraid in its fullest extent.

skeptical doesn't make sense though, it seems absurd to be skeptical of what you're witnessing and experiencing of an isolated variable.

so let's go with curious of what a potential person might react to.

The whole thread rests on a hypothetical as if Ni could be seen alone anyway, which again.. that's a bit much.. right?

So I understand as a community here, we're talking about what may people think of a Dom Ni user?

So is intimidating really far off? I've met and seen and pretty sure many people have, witnessed or was a person people were in definition afraid/intimidated by.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
to further go with your semantics here, I didn't mean afraid in its fullest extent.

skeptical doesn't make sense though, it seems absurd to be skeptical of what you're witnessing and experiencing of an isolated variable.

so let's go with curious of what a potential person might react to.

The whole thread rests on a hypothetical as if Ni could be seen alone anyway, which again.. that's a bit much.. right?

So I understand as a community here, we're talking about what may people think of a Dom Ni user?

So is intimidating really far off? I've met and seen and pretty sure many people have, witnessed or was a person people were in definition afraid/intimidated by.

Intimidated sounds much better, indeed.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] [MENTION=33955]shpotva[/MENTION] : I also have had the impression that Ni comes across as alluring or intimidating. Usually one or the other. I have tried so hard in my life to be able to enter a place and be as neutral as possible but I always catch people's attention. Some sort of natural charism, for better or worse.

Now I don't really bother hiding myself, doesn't work that way anyway. You can't hide your true nature sort of thing.

There are worse things that this though. I know a lot of women fancy my Ni to name just one benefit :D

But yeah...it either allures or scares/intimidates. No middle ground in the perception of others.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] [MENTION=33955]shpotva[/MENTION] : I also have had the impression that Ni comes across as alluring or intimidating. Usually one or the other. I have tried so hard in my life to be able to enter a place and be as neutral as possible but I always catch people's attention. Some sort of natural charism, for better or worse.

Now I don't really bother hiding myself, doesn't work that way anyway. You can't hide your true nature sort of thing.

There are worse things that this though. I know a lot of women fancy my Ni to name just one benefit :D

But yeah...it either allures or scares/intimidates. No middle ground in the perception of others.

Yes, I can see that too.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Yes, it does sound familiar. I experience that a lot. Putting Ni thoughts into words is the hardest task I've ever found, it is really tough. I'm not sure it is entirely because of Ni, perhaps INTJs have it more easy for them because of their Te, but I've seen INFJs complaining about it a lot. So yeah, you are not alone.

Te for the win, but even so, you find yourself in that enigmatic interpretation of your thoughts, as eloquent as you are, you will still tell them "It's something otherworldly and inscrutable which cannot simply be put into words".

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te for the win, but even so, you find yourself in that enigmatic interpretation of your thoughts, as eloquent as you are, you will still tell them "It's something otherworldly and inscrutable which cannot simply be put into words".

LOL, I know this feeling too well. I have a clear idea in mind and when I read what I've just said/wrote, I think "what the fuck".