User Tag List

123 Last

Default Trolls and Brilliance

Trolls show true psychological brilliance, for they reach inside us and arouse strong feelings and emotions.

Trolls don't approach us rationally, they don't offer us evidence and reason, instead they directly manipulate our emotions - and they do this brilliantly.

They are brilliant not because they do this consciously, but because they do this unconsciously, and so hook our unconscious as well.

And it is very difficult to unhook our unconscious, once hooked.

And it is fair to describe trolls as hookers.
    Likes chickpea, Ingrid in grids, Cellmold, Floki liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

looking for a date, mole?
    Likes Population: 1, geedoenfj liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Trolls show true psychological brilliance, for they reach inside us and arouse strong feelings and emotions.

Trolls don't approach us rationally, they don't offer us evidence and reason, instead they directly manipulate our emotions - and they do this brilliantly.

They are brilliant not because they do this consciously, but because they do this unconsciously, and so hook our unconscious as well.

And it is very difficult to unhook our unconscious, once hooked.

And it is fair to describe trolls as hookers.
    Alas, they are only as effective as much as you are affected by their behavior. Pay them no attention, brush them aside, see right past their tactics and they are little more than pesky children.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Yuu, geedoenfj, Novella liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Alas, they are only as effective as much as you are affected by their behavior. Pay them no attention, brush them aside, see right past their tactics and they are little more than pesky children.
    This is the rational approach but trolls don't approach us rationally, they approach us through our unconscious. So when we try to rationally slough them off, we find they are sticky, they stick to us because they are stuck on our unconscious.

So trolls offer an opportunity as well as a danger, because the only way we can defeat a troll is to understand our own unconscious. And for most of us our unconscious is a black box. Our unconscious is like the backdoor into a computer, and once the troll can access our psychological backdoor, they can wreak havoc in our psyche, just as a hacker can wreak havoc in a computer system.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Works most of the time, but there's a pesky minority that will keep going even when ignored.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Novella liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

This is the rational approach but trolls don't approach us rationally, they approach us through our unconscious. So when we try to rationally slough them off, we find they are sticky, they stick to us because they are stuck on our unconscious. So trolls offer an opportunity as well as a danger, because the only way we can defeat a troll is to understand our own unconscious. And for most of us our unconscious is a black box. Our unconscious is like the backdoor into a computer, and once the troll can access our psychological backdoor, they can wreak havoc in our psyche, just as a hacker can wreak havoc in a computer system.
    When someone has hurt me emotionally, I don't brush it aside, but use the opportunity to delve deep, backwards, to understand why exactly I felt that pain to begin with. I approach my emotions from different angles, all pointed inwards from different vantage points. Most times, the opportunity presents a new side of me I have not been made aware of before, so in a way, I am appreciative of those negative emotional moments as I am indirectly shown my weaknesses, and I then work to remove them from my life so they never have the opportunity to burden me any longer. If they do, as it is not always possible to completely remove an insecurity or weakness, they attack and destabilize me far less than before.

So perhaps, it is the troll, I should be concerned about as they have presented me an opportunity to grow while they have not.
    Likes Cat Brainz, Novella liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This is the rational approach but trolls don't approach us rationally, they approach us through our unconscious. So when we try to rationally slough them off, we find they are sticky, they stick to us because they are stuck on our unconscious.
    Really? Proper analysis is enough to reduce trolls to whatever small nugget of truth or utility lies within their smoke screen. It is not that hard to do, but does improve with practice. As they say, in the end, the only one I can control is myself.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Mole, Cat Brainz, Novella liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I think trolling is funny when it's done cleverly without offending anybody.
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher
    Likes Cat Brainz, meowington liked this post

Sleeply............. Cat Brainz's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    973 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Its possible to be a troll and not hurt or offend anyone, hell I can speak for myself as I am a troll in a sense (Not the classical net troll but the "Shakespearean Fool" as called as such by a member here) and its rare for me to hurt someone as I just have an intuitive idea of where that "line" is and never cross it.
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

Tell me is this a grin of joy or is it a grimace of pain?

Taking a cat nap
    9w1 7w6 3w4
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

A reflection, to pick up on the projection and poke at it.

If Troll gets you, then truthfully you have 'got' yourself.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Novella liked this post