• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trolls and Brilliance

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I desireth to heareth more from thy sweet lips, [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION].

I have fallen as a drunken fool, when consuming such knowledge lustfully.

Incapable to act, I have little to say but expresseth sweetfully as an exotic fruit.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't trolling against the rules? For what it's worth, while I initially found him offputting, I've come to enjoy @Mole. I admit to not fully understanding him, but he is a unique personality. Moreover, he has actually made interesting points.
He reminds me of religion...this is how things are PERIOD. Closed off to his thinking. Needing to break free of paradigms he loves to get stuck in.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have never admitted to you publicly or privately several times as well as to others that I am not here to make friends or add value and improve the forum, but to sow discord and do not intend to get along.

Quite the opposite. After 18,000 posts I have made a contribution to the forum second to none. I add intellectual value to the forum, I add moral value to the forum, I add perspective to the forum, and unlike you I don't attack individuals.

And what the members may not know is that you have been obsessed with attacking me personally since your arrived. And you have no qualms about joining with others to attack me personally, and avoid my ideas.

It would be interesting to analyse, evaluate, and integrate your obsession with me personally, but we don't provide therapy on Typology Central.

My favorite thing about you is that you are committed to being what you are!
:cheers:

Mole

Permabanned
I desireth to heareth more from thy sweet lips, @Mole.

I have fallen as a drunken fool, when consuming such knowledge lustfully.

Incapable to act, I have little to say but expresseth sweetfully as an exotic fruit.

What a lovely little poem. You compliment us, as you compliment yourself.

Mole

Permabanned
My favorite thing about you is that you are committed to being what you are!
:cheers:

My favourite things about you are your commitment to your beliefs, as well as your good humour, and your enterprise.

Mole

Permabanned
He reminds me of religion...this is how things are PERIOD. Closed off to his thinking. Needing to break free of paradigms he loves to get stuck in.

It's true Poki, I do get accused of black and white thinking, and I usually reply by saying we can't have grey without black and white. And perhaps we might think of black and white as an ambit claim, that is, the first stage of a negotiation that will end in compromise. Or we might think of black and white as a scoping exercise to determine the extent of the problem.

And although we might start with black and white we usually end with compromise. It's democratic.

Mole

Permabanned
Isn't trolling against the rules? For what it's worth, while I initially found him offputting, I've come to enjoy @Mole. I admit to not fully understanding him, but he is a unique personality. Moreover, he has actually made interesting points.

I confess I love reading things I don't quite understand. There is the pleasure of understanding something new, and the possibility of discovering something original.

And discovering something original is like discovering a new fresh flowing stream, flowing through oneself.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
My favourite things about you are your commitment to your beliefs, as well as your good humour, and your enterprise.

If later in life I had the means to travel to where you are to interview you.

I believe I would like that very much.

OP consistently projects condescension, disdain for others opinions, and at times has blatantly insulted people. A group of people call him out on said behavior and he makes a thread decrying trolls. A realistic assessment of ones tendencies by others is not trolling, it's called observation. Perhaps one shouldn't kick a hornets nest if one isn't prepared for the possibility of being stung, especially by stingers made venomous by ones own actions.

Mole

Permabanned
OP consistently projects condescension, disdain for others opinions, and at times has blatantly insulted people. A group of people call him out on said behavior and he makes a thread decrying trolls. A realistic assessment of ones tendencies by others is not trolling, it's called observation. Perhaps one shouldn't kick a hornets nest if one isn't prepared for the possibility of being stung, especially by stingers made venomous by ones own actions.

I remember attending a philosophy camp in the banks of the Nepean River in Sydney, Australia, with the Sydney University Philosophy Department, and we were all gathered together with our philosopher, Professor George Molnar, and no one would break the ice, no one would say anything, and the silence was continuing too long, so I made a black and while statement, a statement I knew would provoke discussion, and it did. And Professor Molnar gave a nod of approval in my direction.

And I have treasured that nod of approval ever since.

To meet Professor George Molnar click on Twice the man - smh.com.au

I remember attending a philosophy camp in the banks of the Nepean River in Sydney Australia, with the Sydney University Philosophy Department, and we were all gathered together with our philosopher, professor Molnar, and no one would break the ice, no one would say anything, and the silence was continuing too long, so made a black and while statement, a statement I knew would provoke discussion, and it did. And professor Molnar gave a nod of approval in my direction.

And I have treasured that nod of approval ever since.
I fail to see a comparison. How does you stirring up shit and then fleeing the criticism it generates relate to some philosophical sensai of yours showing you his approval? His nod was the foundation of you being arrogant? That moment grants you the right to be a know it all that automatically dismisses anyone else's opinions as uneducated and naive? That's your license to be insulting and shirk responsibility and hide from the consequences of your actions and then brand those who dislike your attitude as trolls?

Mole

Permabanned
I fail to see a comparison. How does you stirring up shit and then fleeing the criticism it generates relate to some philosophical sensai of yours showing you his approval? His nod was the foundation of you being arrogant? That moment grants you the right to be a know it all that automatically dismisses anyone else's opinions as uneducated and naive? That's your license to be insulting and shirk responsibility and hide from the consequences of your actions and then brand those who dislike your attitude as trolls?

How we interpret posts in front of us is our responsibility.

And one of the reasons I post here is to hear criticism of my posts, as even I know I am not infallible.

And further, I support free speech, and I know that without the right to offend, free speech means nothing.

I do know that free speech is under threat from identity politics, on the other hand, I know free speech is respected by our committee of moderators.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whats the opposite of a troll?
A Billy Goat.

18106720._SX540_.jpg

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's true Poki, I do get accused of black and white thinking, and I usually reply by saying we can't have grey without black and white. And perhaps we might think of black and white as an ambit claim, that is, the first stage of a negotiation that will end in compromise. Or we might think of black and white as a scoping exercise to determine the extent of the problem.

And although we might start with black and white we usually end with compromise. It's democratic.

You have alot of good posts, just over generalized to people. Do enjoy the style of writing.

rvfvclv

awkward
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Trolls really can be brilliant sometimes.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Internet trolls are wonderful, mystical creatures. Just like the original trolls from norse mythology.