User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    What does that mean. Try to make sense to the "simple folk", as Lucifer put it.
    "Remote Association seems to involve an ability to rapidly pull together disparate elements not normally encountered together to solve problems without needing logical linkages between the elements of solution. People who are good remote associators have a knack for seeing connections that cannot be explained by extrapolation."

MBTI
    ISTJ

'k
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Remote association is only one aspect of creativity. Lateral and divergent thinking.

Default "It's me or her!"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Your posts are abstract art.
    I remember when I broke up with my girlfriend. She said, "It's either me or her!". But my girlfriend was mistaken. It wasn't her or her, it was my inner life or her. And I chose my inner life.

It's the same when I post here. It's either you or my inner life - and I choose my inner life.

Of course I would prefer to have my girlfriend and my inner life. Just as I would prefer to have you and my inner life. But so far I haven't been able to put the two together.

I choose my inner life because it constantly bubbles up - and when listen, I relax - and when I listen, I become enlivened.

So my inner life relaxes and enlivens me.

And to my surprise and yours, it seems to hit the page as abstract art.

And the words, "abstract", and, "art", always seem to me to be contradictory - and together they don't make sense.

Just as my posts don't make sense, it would appear.

MBTI
    INTP

Did not read the thread. Technical creativity solves problems. Technical creativity is thinker creativity. Artistic creativity is arty farty feeler creativity.

Of couse you can have abstract art. Dali is the obvious artist that comes to mind. An image of a red square would count as abstract art if it hangs on a wall or in a gallery. Concrete art would be of something real, like a tree or some kind of scene.
    Last edited by LostInNerSpace; 10-03-2008 at 06:30 PM.

violaine

These aren't mutually exclusive though, you can be both 'technically' creative and 'artistically' creative.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Did not read the thread. Technical creativity solves problems. Technical creativity is thinker creativity. Artistic creativity is arty farty feeler creativity.

Of couse you can have abstract art. Dali is the obvious artist that comes to mind. An image of a red square would count as abstract art if it hangs on a wall or in a gallery. Concrete art would be of something real, like a tree or some kid of scene.
    Creatively solving problems that involve people, relationships, and communication can also be a form of Feeling creativity. And since logic is seldom helpful, each case is unique and there is no pattern to follow...a wonderful petri dish for creativity
    edcoaching

Default Scaffolding

What happens when you leave creativity behind?

Well then you don't know what to do.

So we cling like a vine to creativity rather than launching ourselves into space.

Creativity becomes a scaffolding by which we measure ourselves.

And we devote ourselves to elaborating and iterating the scaffolding.

We climb all over the scaffolding - poking here and poking there - all the time surrounded by free, open space.

Until, eventually, we become the scaffolding.

Until we are proud to be scaffolding.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Are you Conceptualist or Experimentalist ? ( See linked article in OP Post #1 for meaning of these phrases. )
    Me? Yes, I did read the link. Well now lets see....am I a conceptual genius or an experimental genius...these things are so difficult to disentangle...

Seriously, I don't think I am creative at all. I mean, I have a temperament conducive to creativity, and I have some skillz, sometimes I can solve problems in reasonably creative ways, but I don't have ambition and I don't work hard enough, and I'm just not that exceptional. I don't think many people are truly creative in a meaningful way. (Crocheting doilies and decorating greeting cards with glitter is NOT creative!!! It's just bloody annoying.) Most people don't have an original thought in their entire lives, let alone produce work of great originality. I know I haven't, and the more education you absorb, the more you realize that there really is nothing new under the sun. But occasionally, but really occasionally, someone comes along with the right combination of attributes and life experience and does have an original thought, or an original artistic idea, or perhaps there is no artistic output as such, but their life is a work of art. These are the only people worthy of the term.

I mean, technically, pro-creating is creative, but any moron can do that (no offense intended to those morons who can't).
    Which countries seem to value artists enough to be supportive of the "seedlings" ( fledgling artists that must be cultivated to an extent so as to always have some new voices in development ) ??
    Do true artists need to be "cultivated"? I thought they liked to starve...most of the great minds have had it hard, they haven't had the establishment's support or approval. Art always finds a way.
    dHow is it in Europe ? Do you Europeans hear ( conversely ) that it is, in fact, American audiences that one should try to get access to ? One hears vaguely about France supporting jazz musicians that the USA had marginalized. That artists in Russia risked their very lives to get work out during the colder days there. What other countries fit this model ? Is it still true about France ?
    In Europe, we are a bit snobbish about USA and its deleterious effect on culture globally (this cannot have failed to escape your notice). Doesn't stop us consuming a lot of the trash you guys churn out though! I find the Nordic peoples very creative/individualistic. I don't believe France is the cultural capital it likes to think it is, but I can quite believe they'd be happy to support anything the USA had marginalized.

American audiences are only desirable because of their $$$$$, not because of their discrimination. And China seems to be becoming more important in this regard.

I think it is still pretty cold in Russia

I'm not a connoisseur. But I did live in the midwest for a bit and it felt like a cultural desert. I realized how lucky I am, I have such riches on my doorstep to ignore.

Modern art leaves me cold. I don't know if I'm just a philistine or if the emperor really has no clothes, but I don't like his thong.

Our most successful (highest paid) artist is Damien Hirst - and he doesn't even create his own works, I mean, polka dots and cows/sheep/sharks in formaldehyde, puhhlease! Even if that was an interesting idea the first time around, it's pretty tired now.
    In general the arts aren't well-funded in the UK, at least, the artists are always complaining that they're not.

You'll be aware of The Turner Prize where artists compete to see who can come up with the most inane/controversial "concept" to p*ss the public off. Light's turning on and off. People running in corridors. Tea-cups smashing. Pile of pants. (the last was a judgement, not an entry - although nothing would surprise me...)

[Disclaimer: Any national stereotypes implied, real or imagined, are entirely imaginary]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

It can be no one else than Paris Hilton.

Everyone knows Paris is not creative - and everyone knows Paris.
    Oh what is a good girl and boy to do?
    Is Paris then the "eyeful" of your "the Bordello is everywhere now" ?

Creativity becomes a scaffolding by which we measure ourselves.

And we devote ourselves to elaborating and iterating the scaffolding.

We climb all over the scaffolding - poking here and poking there - all the time surrounded by free, open space.

Until, eventually, we become the scaffolding.
    Or is our very own Hilton Tower merely the scaffolding of the Eiffel she attempts to "trump" ?

Until we are proud to be scaffolding.
    Like bad boys and girls.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.