User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default PMS is a culture-bound syndrome so why do so many intelligent women experience it?

There's some fairly hard data on this, my mom has never gotten PMS or any of the women in her family, woman in China don't get it, the science doesn't back it so why do you think so many intelligent women report experiencing it. In fact, 85% of American women claim to get it and I'm sure plenty will jump in saying they for sure do but the data doesn't support the claim.

MBTI
    inxp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Referencing your mom's experience is not hard data. Can you provide links to research to support your claims?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.

I couldn't care less about your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    There's some fairly hard data on this, my mom has never gotten PMS or any of the women in her family, woman in China don't get it, the science doesn't back it so why do you think so many intelligent women report experiencing it. In fact, 85% of American women claim to get it and I'm sure plenty will jump in saying they for sure do but the data doesn't support the claim.
    Provide the hard data you keep referencing.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke
    Likes Scapegoated 4 fun liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Chinese province grants women two days 'period leave' a month | The Independent

Women employed in the province of Ningxia in north China will soon be able to take up to two days’ leave a month if they are prevented from working by period pain.

The local government said the “period leave” policy would improve conditions for women in the workforce.

Employers will be punished if they do not comply with the new guidelines, which also include measures to protect female workers who become pregnant or have recently given birth, reported the South China Morning Post.
    I guess not all are equal?
    Likes Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Holy fuck I'm laughing. So are you saying Unintelligent women don't get it ? You may want to think before you speak bc reading this is like reading a cartoon strip from a unpopular newspaper. 85% of American women, rofl. You have no data to support your claims, you have data to support your percentages, basically what I'm saying is you pulled this rabbit from your hat and ran with itocare....next you'll be posting it's type related. Hahaha, I can't deal with dumb asses ...waky waky come back to reality !
    Likes magpie, five sounds liked this post

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

lol

Likes ceecee, cascadeco, Floki, Red Ribbon liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

You are a joke. "my mom[...]" who cares about your mom?! Also, when stating some facts, please link the sources where it came from.
    5-4-8 tritrype; melancholic/choleric; chaotic good; a|O|TWDRG; RLOEI, limbic;
    idiosyncratic, vigilant - sensitive, serious; soul type: thinker; color code: red;
    Ni (100%)> Ne - Te (85%)> Fi (80%)> Ti (75%)> Fe (70%)> Se - Si (40%)

''I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal" - Groucho Marx
    Likes Floki liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm certain he is referring to attributing negative moods to the menstrual cycle. Not negative moods caused by pain. Not negative moods from heavy blood loss or lack of energy or just the fucking mess of the whole business.

"The idea that any emotionality in women can be firstly attributed to their reproductive function -- we're skeptical about that," Dr. Sarah Romans told me, skeptical said with audible restraint.

She and eight other researchers at the medical school at the University of Toronto published a review last week in the journal Gender Medicine that looked at all of the clinical research they could find to date on PMS with prospective data. Their conclusion was that the articles, in aggregate, "failed to provide clear evidence in support of the existence of a specific premenstrual negative mood syndrome."

Romans isn't saying that the mood symptoms we attribute to PMS aren't real and common. But she is saying that those symptoms are culturally over-attributed to the menstrual cycle, to the detriment of the medical community and those experiencing them -- and as a broader issue of gender equality.
    PMS and the Wandering Womb - The Atlantic

Why in the fucking fuck do we keep having to explain and deal with this topic again and again? And for the OP and men like him - don't get involved with women. Ever. It's for your own good.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Maybe because while are dealing with cramps, bloating, headaches, general fatigue ( migraines and vomitting for some) the concern of ruining our clothing and the insane price of feminine products we get the added bonus of listening to some know-nothing assholes tellus it isn't real.