User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Acceptance: Do you accept life's adversities, are you a fighter, pick + choose battle

Quote:
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathways to peace; Taking, as he did, this sinful world; As it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that he will make things right; If I surrender to his will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life; And supremely happy with him Forever in the next Amen” Rienhold Niebuhr
    Likes magpie, labyrinthine, Isk Stark liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I am learning to accept them.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

Winter in Your Soul Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    174 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I tend to confront adversity,

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

External things I accept- I try to work and get the best of them- but if something is externally beating down on me... I internally try to fight it. As long as I have a will to fight things inside me I feel like nothing outside can really beat me down.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

On some level I always hope there is a way to outsmart adversity. I can't live with an ongoing fight, so I choose my battles, but fight hard once a battle is chosen. I also use avoidance, which I realize has a generally negative connotation, but I find it can be positive unless it merely delays the inevitable. My approach is to make a change when a situation feels destructive, and then to keep making changes until something better is found. I have learned that the vast majority of situations do have the same problems, but there are rare instances that are better, so I keep hopping along until I find the better scenario. There is often a price to pay, but sometimes it is worth it. The price usually has to do with ending up with less money. Letting go of money has a lot to do with letting go of heartache, at least for my life it keeps turning out that way.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.
    Likes lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I do accept the things I can't change but that's assuming that I can't change them. To me that's different than asking myself - is this a hill I want to die on? Being a parent has a way of asking that question and making the answers much clearer, strangely enough. But I don't fight internally at all or with myself. That's not productive and solves nothing.

The rest is a religious quote that I don't subscribe to and I don't believe religion is a requirement to peace, with yourself, with neighbors or nations.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I fight.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

All of these options have consequences, sometimes fighting all the time backfires on you. Because sometimes, get this... you fucking fail. because the fight you were in wasn't one you had any control over whatsoever, and by fighting you've just made things worse. However never attempting to exert some control over your life is not only to sacrifice autonomy and the freedom to do so you were granted, but also generally a sign of poor character. To me there is only one way to live and that's to identify the issue before you, and if you can do something...do it. If you can't then it's something you need to nut up and accept.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It can look like I'm a fighter that picks and chooses their battles, but I don't think of it so much as fighting anymore as persisting. I just have a set of behaviors and preferences, and I move forward in life with them. If I can't, the whole living thing isn't really worth it. There's no end-game for me, nothing to win.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

If we could see the true vastness of the universe, and the terrifyingly destructive forces that fill it in a glance, we'd realize 99% of life is acceptance, or denial. Most of your choice is in what you call it.
    IMG_2415.jpg
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper