User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Thinking / Feeling: What are we predominately motivated by thoughts or feelings?

Kotoshinohaisha wrote, “Because some problems are caused by feelings. So i thought if feelings is ceased then no problems? Feelings - being too emotional *fyi*

“I don't think it is possible. It is an innate disposition. What one can do is strive to achieve balance. Thinking without empathy and true understanding of another lifestyle and dilemma as well as personal history is ignorance. However we can learn to be cognitively mindful of gross distortions of fact and emotional reasoning.

According to CBT Cognitive Behavior Therapy under every negative emotion is a cognitive distortion or fallacy. It is really one attacking another person or blaming life or a person for one's own unfinished childhood or trauma unresolved conflict in a blind fashion. It is rationalization, denial and blind spots operating and not one dealing with the external situation in a mature-spiritually and cognitive disciplined mindfulness.

When one tries to be positive in orientation or at least deal with the external situation in a stoic manner knowing what we can change and what we cannot plus taking the higher road in personal adversity that is a true test of character and mature mind.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's so hard to differentiate between the two. Rhetorical question is which comes first the emotion or thought of an event or external trigger whether positive or negative? I go with the emotion first predominates and then our brain puts it into verbal (silent) thought process. I don't believe the scientists have yet to figure it out so it's guesswork of my perspective.