User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think I'd enjoy it.

Especially since there is no way we would act exactly the same- we would look alike and have the same genetic makeup but we would have different experiences which continuously alter our personalities every day.

I would get a little pissed off if we agreed on everything though. :steam:
    I would brainwash my clone with conservative propaganda and then let the wars begin,
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    If you were to be replicated, instantly, yielding an exact copy of yourself with the same memories and consciousness up to the moment of replication, how would it feel to meet and interact with the "other you"? This is assuming you meet immediately after replication, so neither of you would have had any unique memories or experiences.

I think it would be extremely uncomfortable for me, and freak me out. To meet someone who knew exactly everything that was in my head, and I theirs. And to see my likeness and mannerisms from the outside. It would feel like I had lost control of my reflection in the mirror. I always feel a little strange seeing myself on video, but I have a consciousness that it's a recording. This person would be live and interactive, self-aware, and aware of me. This physical perception is something identical twins experience, at least to some degree. But the thought of having an identical twin feels strange to me, too. But having a recently replicated copy, with replicated consciousness, really creeps me out.

How would you feel meeting a copy of yourself, memories and all? What would interacting with them be like?
    Oh man, I would love myself!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    literally or figuratively
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I never thought otherwise
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I met a guy that was almost my clone. Very similar face, very similar build, very similar way of talking, very similar interests, very similar way of dressing. We even had the same reactions to the same things, and similar musical taste, similar abilities, etc etc

It was...strange.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

My guess is that it would be very disturbing and eventually damaging. I think we all have a self-image based on things internal, and we'd have the ability to examine ourselves externally. We wouldn't like what we'd see, mostly because it would be so bizzare and different than how we see ourselves. I think it would make me curl into a paralyzing episode of useless overanalysis. I think it would end up an exponentially more unsettling version of hearing your voice on tape and going "Ew, do I sound like that?"
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I met a guy that was almost my clone. Very similar face, very similar build, very similar way of talking, very similar interests, very similar way of dressing. We even had the same reactions to the same things, and similar musical taste, similar abilities, etc etc

It was...strange.
    I've had a few similar experiences, where I just recognize myself in others, similar look and mannerisms. It's a little strange, but I'm still able to separate it from my own self-concept. Now, if I were to have a real clone, I"m sure it would end this way:

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    My guess is that it would be very disturbing and eventually damaging. I think we all have a self-image based on things internal, and we'd have the ability to examine ourselves externally. We wouldn't like what we'd see, mostly because it would be so bizzare and different than how we see ourselves. I think it would make me curl into a paralyzing episode of useless overanalysis. I think it would end up an exponentially more unsettling version of hearing your voice on tape and going "Ew, do I sound like that?"
    It's hard enough seeing myself on film. I think I would definitely overanalyze and nitpick a carbon copy of myself. Nowhere to run.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I think we would both want to sit together in silence in nature for a while to absorb the whole strangeness and figure out how to deal with it in our heads. Then I think we would have a reasonable discussion to sort it out and experiment with the implications of it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I would brainwash my clone with conservative propaganda and then let the wars begin,
    You do understand, of course, that your clone would be doing the same to you?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    literally or figuratively
    So would that be, like... transcendental masturbation?

(i am so, so sorry.)

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think it would end up an exponentially more unsettling version of hearing your voice on tape and going "Ew, do I sound like that?"
    Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think I would definitely overanalyze and nitpick a carbon copy of myself. Nowhere to run.
    And the best part is, the copy would be nitpicking you!

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I think we would both want to...
    Heh. I guess the "both" would be a given.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I would prefer to meet my clone when she is having a 'pretty' day.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...