• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The more expensive the ring, the shorter the marriage

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally, I have never really like diamonds.

I find them precious in that they have been on this Earth for millions of years and are still beautiful. I think it is insulting that humans, soecs of dust that we are are, use them to show off their status-something that will come and go in a mere moment compared to the lifetime of that diamond. I guess it's apprpriate that people be buried with their wedding rings, return the diamond to whence it came.

For the same reason, I zero value in a cubic zirconia. Why? What's the point? Because it's " perfect?" How is that a symbol of marraige, or a reflection of a human life time?
Also, they aren't real they are made in a lab, they should be a dime a dozen.

I'd prefer a strong metal, with a few spots where the shine has worn off, maybe even a little rusted with a few dings in it. That's marraige, that's life.

You and I are sort of on the same wavelength in regards to this. Sometimes, though, I think you take things too far. lol Rust on the wedding band. I enjoy your artsy-ness.

I considered wedding rings something personal between two people, and no one else. Then, some woman who thinks it is still the 1950's comes in with their ring, acting like it makes them the alpha woman. It annoys the shit out of me.