User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I would say that the Feelers are the most likely to have a satisfying life.
    Any Feelers care to disagree?
    Man is inherently a social creature.
    My man ain't.
    "Inherently", asserts that there is something abnormal about being anti-social....hold on, so does "Anti-social"....it's a conspiracy, I demand a recount!

The flip side is that someone without a developed feeling function will become increasingly more dissatisfied with their life over time. This can manifest in a variety of ways anger, depression, addiction, materialism, etc....
    I think this is at least as true for someone with an overly developed Feeling function. The only difference is, they don't even know why they are so dissatisfied

Also:
    Fe <> Fi (societal values vs. personal values)

blah, blah, blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Any Feelers care to disagree?
    Well I am talking probability. So obviously there will be satisfied thinkers and unsatisfied feelers. :rolli: From articles I've read the professions that report the greatest amount of job satisfaction tend to be things like Nurse, Teacher, or Clergy. Professions that report the least amount of job satisfaction tend to be in technical fields like Engineering or IT. Obviously in the career world feelers have a big advantage over thinkers in being satisfied.

What is ironic is the work environment is supposed to be where thinkers thrive. If thinkers get less satisfaction from their careers as a whole, then what chance do they have in getting more satisfaction from their relationships?

My man ain't.
    "Inherently", asserts that there is something abnormal about being anti-social....hold on, so does "Anti-social"....it's a conspiracy, I demand a recount!
    It depends on what you mean by anti-social. (One definition is sociopath and that is bad. ) Some people prefer many relationships while others prefer few. Neither approach is better. However both are better than a person who has no relationships.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Re: OP
    Yes. Thinkers might be indecisive about certain things that strictly require a decision, but where the incipient decision is very likely to violate the existing harmony. If you act on it, you will endanger your peace that's needed to maintain your ability for thinking. If you don't, on the other hand, you are no longer honest to yourself, which again violates your principle.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't think F types are more likely to lead a more satisfying life.

According to Stoicism and Buddhism too I guess, T's would be more likely to lead the optimal life. It's about separating and detaching ourselves from desire. Freedom from negative emotion by the embracement of reason. I agree with some of Stoicism.

MBTI
    ISTJ

^How on earth do you get it right not to feel negative emotion? Isn't that just denial and won't you get sick?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Only when they tell me "You should. . ."

This is interesting. I'll think on it. INTP son, ISTJ husband.

On one site I read that ISTJs are prone to depression and I could see that.

Son has Social Anxiety Disorder.
    People that say to me, "You should..." are really asking for it :P. I like it much better when someone presents to me cold distanced facts and lets me make up my own mind.

The thing about a strong T preference is that it does distance you from people and relationships which can act as a stabilizing point preventing someone from going out of balance. Without this equalizer where emotion is sorta shared and discharged among a group of people or between a couple close friends frequently, there is a situation where the T doesn't necessarily have what he needs to ground out that energy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

To advance an opposing view: The older I get, the more adept I grow at keeping my feelings in their proper place and allowing my head to guide my decision-making process. And, boy howdy, let me tell you, I'm making substantially better decisions in my life with each passing year. This has even been noticed and commented upon by other people of other types.

I've noticed a common inclination among people who've discovered MBTI is to try to use it to "juke" the mental system and try to "develop" other traits that are not typically developed by members of their type.

Feeling and Thinking in the Jungian model are at odds for a reason. What constitutes a satisfying outcome and life course for a T and an F are two rather different things. Put more simply: cognitive dissonance and a sound decision-making process are not good bedfellows.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    To advance an opposing view: The older I get, the more adept I grow at keeping my feelings in their proper place and allowing my head to guide my decision-making process. And, boy howdy, let me tell you, I'm making substantially better decisions in my life with each passing year. This has even been noticed and commented upon by other people of other types.

I've noticed a common inclination among people who've discovered MBTI is to try to use it to "juke" the mental system and try to "develop" other traits that are not typically developed by members of their type.

Feeling and Thinking in the Jungian model are at odds for a reason. What constitutes a satisfying outcome and life course for a T and an F are two rather different things. Put more simply: cognitive dissonance and a sound decision-making process are not good bedfellows.
    So you left the wife and kids, then ditched all of your friends and that solved all of your problems?

I am saying that everyone should have a developed feeling function. I'm not saying that it should guide every decision.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm going to go ahead and say it.

This thread is very depressing.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

So you left the wife and kids, then ditched all of your friends and that solved all of your problems?
    Don't be absurd. I told them we were going to Disney Land and drove them off a pier.